What's new

GOLD SKULL - Fairness for all pilots to attain !!!

Sebasti0n

Reaction score
PG prides itself in providing fair play to all pilots. This can be seen with Updates to all aspects of the game to make sure Pilots can play and PVP on a level playing field.

However one aspect of the game that seems to have gone un-noticed is the attainment of a Gold Skull.

It is glaringly obvious that some Pilots make a point of continually playing the game 22 hours a day, just to stop others from getting the Gold Skull Achievement.

I WOULD LIKE TO PROPOSE an amendment to the Ladder Ranking / Gold Skull.....

Once you have achieved a Gold Skull, you should then be placed at the bottom of the ladder ranking / Division to work your way back to the Top division to attain further Gold Skulls.

This will in my opinion will be a fair way to give other Pilots a chance for them to obtain a Gold Skull and Achievement.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts & opinions on this matter.

Hopefully, this will reach Highway's and Faye's desk to look over ?

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
If SS decided to rework the skulls and classification system, instead of reworking taunt, controlled invasions, pvp part 2, probably that day they would want to take a shot

Sebasti0n

Reaction score
Sigh... not the first time that Gold Skulls and ranking was brought up and belive me i already suggested this a couple of times how the ranking should work when the weekly conclusion happens but instead of much typing i will leave the link to the other discussion about WS here for you.
>>>remove the ability to generate war score from reactor defenders (especially the one in TC)<<<
Hi Vesperion, thanks for the reply.

To make it easier for the Developers to code, the suggestion is just to move players that gain the Gold Skull to the bottom of the Ladder / Division.

I thought this may be easier to code and may have more chance of getting actioned, rather than stopping the ability to generate War score.... But which ever is easier to code, would be the way forward.

Also making a new thread may re highlight the issues with this problem, and hopefully gain some visibility and traction, for this to be FIXED.

Regards Seb.

Sebasti0n

Reaction score
If SS decided to rework the skulls and classification system, instead of reworking taunt, controlled invasions, pvp part 2, probably that day they would want to take a shot
Lets hope Alex and Highway take a look, as I believe they are the 2 main coders of the game :)

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
I don't know if I didn't understand myself correctly, but what I wanted to say with my message is that there are a lot of things much more important than some skulls that are nothing more than a simple cosmetic that literally doesn't reward you in anything beyond that, of having a sign on your face that says "I have more skulls than you because I have more time to play than you"

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I don't know if I didn't understand myself correctly, but what I wanted to say with my message is that there are a lot of things much more important than some skulls that are nothing more than a simple cosmetic that literally doesn't reward you in anything beyond that, of having a sign on your face that says "I have more skulls than you because I have more time to play than you"
true.. without rewards these skulls are quite pointless and they will never get rewards. but removing the ability to gather warscore from oort reactor is the best way to do so. probably the devs will take those things serious instead of ignoring them. let's hope in 2024 is enough fuel to surprise us, if not therefore we will wait for mid 2025

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
true.. without rewards these skulls are quite pointless and they will never get rewards. but removing the ability to gather warscore from oort reactor is the best way to do so. probably the devs will take those things serious instead of ignoring them. let's hope in 2024 is enough fuel to surprise us, if not therefore we will wait for mid 2025
At least for now they are still pointless but if at some point really some sort of "Gold Skull shop" comes as Highway mentioned it in the other post >>>#9 Tau Ceti Part 3 & Conquest Rework<<< from 2021 it is a whole different story if it should be some sort of bonus you can only obtain with the Skulls and belive me the riot will be real if this comes cus those who could stay week after week in 1st division to get skull after skull and use them directly for this shop...

If it´s purely cosmetic most players surely will not really care about it at all but it still is not "rightfully earned" imo if you could get the skulls without having to earn your way back to the next one cus you could stay in 1st division all the time.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Let's see, we have to clarify certain points, the unfair thing because whoever wins the skull is still in division 1, that is debatable, there is no rule that says that this is wrong, in fact, that's how the system works and that's it. , now, what may seem unfair to you and others is totally different, to me personally it does not seem unfair, it is simply a question of who can play 24 hours and not die trying (in fact there are rumors that there was a player from Gaia who, doing warscore, died from not sleeping at all, but this is just a rumor XD)

In any case, if SS does what it said in 2021 (I even think that before that they even mentioned something about this skull issue) I think the simplest solution is that the current skulls do not represent any ''assets'', it is That is to say, they are not taken into account in the new system, otherwise, simply remove the skulls from all the players, as I remember they did the same with the clan ones, and if you tell me that that is unfair because that means that the players lost their time, well, the CoC and the terms of use tell you that the company can do whatever they want and not give any type of retroactive reward, as in fact they have already done in the past ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The simplest example, before you couldn't buy a configuration for your 43, so you had to buy, for example, an Obsidian for each system, I don't see that SS has returned the players their cryo for that change ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯