Feedback to Update from June 9, 2020

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Around 1 month ago a PvP update was made with a few smaller changes along the way. On of those changes seem not to work properly or is (simply put) not really well balanced.

The current Situation
The maximum number of Gravitons that players can collect in a day has been doubled to four.
On the one side it sounds nice... on the other i can´t confirm that considering that most of the time i stil see only 1-2 gravs (depending on my RL time and the timers ingame).

Today i did mention in the game that i never have seen more then 2 Gravs/day since the Update droped and a response from GM Verdene was that "a Grav will drop every 6 hours when yours have droped and then in the background a timer is going down". The thing is in the days where i have not to work and i can play nearly from 8am-11pm this makes a timespan of easily 14 hours minimum what would mean i should have seen at least 3 gravs on that day but after the 2nd grav droped no other grav did show up again until the next day.

The current Issue
At the moment i have the feeling that the current way of Grav drops is "disadvantageous" for many Pilots considering the time alone. Before the udate was made it was always so that the 1st Grav droped in the time between 12am-12pm and the 2nd Grav in the time between 12pm-12am. With the current system i assumed that the new times would be for the 1st Grav 12am-6am, 2nd Grav 6am-12pm, 3rd Grav 12pm-6pm and 4th Grav 6pm-12am.

But if the info of GM Verdene is correct for most Pilots it will stay the same of seeing 1-2 Gravs/day instead of 4 Gravs/day.

The possible Solution
I can to some degree unterstand that Gravs can be purchased in the Shop but i would suggest here an adjustment of the Gravs where we don´t have to wait for a certain time until the next Grav is droping but have an "limit of Grav drops within the Servertime"

To translate this i simply mean that from 12am-11:59pm of the servertime the chance of a Grav drop can happen anytime and when the 4th Grav has droped no other drop occurs until the next day of the servertime.

And if Split really wants to make them "special" they could even decrease the chance for each collected Grav within the day. So let´s say 1st Grav drops with 95% chance, 2nd Grav drops with 50% chance, 3rd Grav drops with 20% chance and 4th Grav drops with 1% Chance. Over that way every pilot has the chance to get up to the Daily gravs.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Agreed with drop rate of gravitons. Instead of setting timer for each 6h of last time collected graviton, we could have 4 gravitons maximum with these drop rates. I hope it'll be implemented/changed soon.

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
Every 6 hours can be next gravi,but drop rate what is for that make hard get them.
Old system also no work great.Sometimes you need kill so many to finaly drop gravi,that sometimes you left behind on hot combat fight and many times just dont drop in next 18h...

What if devs make simple new daily gift gravis.
Lets say you go to shop,daily tab and here every 24h you can grab you 4 gravis.
If you dont take today,tommorow be new,not be accumulate so it be really simple to take them.
Random 4 gravis to get,thats all.No one be think if not left behind somewhere or watch on time when need drop next gravi,just go shop click and you have.

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Afaik, old system was exactly as it is now, but with 12h instead of 6. E.g. i don't recall ever dropping 2 gravs within less than 12 hours, but whenever i went farming on low systems, it was pretty damn close to exactly 12 hours.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
with the old system it was always so that the "reset" happened exactly every 12 hours of the server time regardless of when you collected your Grav.

If you for example droped a Grav at 11:55am the 2nd grav could already drop at 12:01pm and then the next Grav wouldn´t drop until 12:01am again. I can at least confirm that this old system was in place cus on the days i had free i did hunt around 9am and droped my Grav and after 12pm the next grav droped but it was never after 12 hours of the 1st collected Grav.

So the new mechanic is imo even worse now or as already mentioned changes nothing for most pilots to opbtain 1-2 Gravs/day.