Feedback about the first OTB at Askone

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
As the first OTB did happen today at Askone (due the update yesterday screwed it up a bit for Askones round at Iga) it is possible to provide feedback to the first OTB that we could held.

All in all it was a 15vs15 battle what even was declared as "The best PvPlers are in one team so it is already imbalanced". However the battle did end with a close call of 220 vs. 218 ores where the score litteraly changed on the last second of the battle.

As with the last CQ change and the new CQ achives and me as an absolute non CQ Pilot i can confirm that certain achives count towards the OTB rounds so it can help those who may want to get some achives but may have a hard time going for them if their Clan is not able to do CQ due of the lack of Pilots during the CQ times.

In terms of the rewards it was for this battle ~198k of Cryo for each side (due of the close outcome) and 3 Gravs for each Pilot for the winning side where the Gravs seem to be buged as i could not see that the 3 gravs that where listed in my history where added in my Grav inventory (ticket for this was already made by me about this). In terms of the Gravs i would maybe request a change into "choose the Gravs you want" thing so that the player can decide on his own what Gravs he wants to receive rather then to pray to RNGesus to get the Gravs you need/want.

It is at least nice that the Cryo is rewarded directly to each Pilot instead of going into the Clan vault. The only concern i maybe see in this is that it may lead to "only OTBs" as those are more reachable to all players and so may result in making Mining Tickets obsolete if Clans may not register for the CQ anymore to be drawn if an OTB can result in bigger numbers of players who attend to it + that it seem to give no limit of the Payout in OTB in compare to Payout from the Clan Vault where i need to point out that i don´t know how much Cryo can be payed out to a Pilot each week in a Clan.

What i have seen in Chat was also the request to make it so that all players who wanna participate can enlist in "one big list" and short before the OTB starts those players will be shuffled into Team A and Team B to prevent eventual "Clan vs Clan" outcomes like normal CQ but without the Mining Tickets. Considering the outcome of todays OTB i don´t see that much of a concern that such a situation could happen.

omarelfarok

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
omarelfarok
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighters
Glad I Was part of this Event , Best Idea Ever made , it's more fun and Less stressful because you don't belong to a Clan so no much pressure from the people Leading the CQ , and that's what I like About it as A Member That mostly Active when it comes to CQs , what I Like about it is the Outcome of the CQ isn't Predictable , sense no one can Control such large number of players in each team , But when everyone listen and shoot same target , It become super fun Seeing 2 Big teams Clashing and Players dying fast . 10/10 experience would Recommend Any Time , I Was on (Team B) btw, we Managed to reach a Close Call but we didn't hold for the last seconds to win but GG, it was the most Fun thing I had From a CQ Content , Also A Pilot Randomizer for teams may actually Add more Fun so No Pre-Prep. Of making a plan who join who's , OTB is a great Idea that would really Make me open the game Daily for, if I have the time to. Thx Devs for Making it More fun for us the Pilots :)

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Video from the first OTB on Askone server:

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Hello devs, first of all, great update, also, i just did a conquest OTB on Askone and i found some small stuff

1. A player called Selethen22 enlists on OTB and gets shown twice on the Team B list, everyone could see that, so shouldn't be client issue

1652467993198.png

2. Team B has same color as squad color, i expect Team A to have different color which i dont really understand, i think it would be better to have a specific color for Team OTB chats so its easier to identify no matter the team you are in.

1652468006695.png

omarelfarok

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
omarelfarok
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighters
Make the Team Chat Green :p

Vishnu

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
V15HY
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
Can we get a change for the 1min30s time limit to land when cq starts?
I crashed right when it started and couldnt land, no gm to contact as well :/

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
Hi, I've noticed something that is bad on this update: how do we deal with people who enlist and then afk?

Kind regards

Verdene

Senior Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Verdene
Rank
Nice cqs! Keep them up! I guess you like the new CQ system :)

@Vishnu The 1m30s timer is there to wake up AFKs as well as to not be able to change ship when other team choose them and land. That should not happen also on Open Team CQs

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
The third OTB on Askone and the last I will post here. Rest comes on new Fan Section.

Vishnu

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
V15HY
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
@Vishnu The 1m30s timer is there to wake up AFKs as well as to not be able to change ship when other team choose them and land. That should not happen also on Open Team CQs
[/QUOTE]

Yea but would be nice if it was increased to 2min 30s or something. Since in case of crash you most likely have enough time to relog back.
Also I am suggesting this change for OTB only, nobody is gonna bother to tryhard enough as to change ships last min to counter enemy team xD, and since the amount of players are higher its harder to control such cheesy tactics anyways.