Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Dante Knelly
Rank
Clan
No clan
I'd like the devs to respond to this.

Imagine there are 2 pilots on themselves without a squad, or even a solo player shooting another squads units. Does it mess with their drop rates? Or is this a myth?

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
DantePlays said:

Imagine there are 2 pilots on themselves without a squad, or even a solo player shooting another squads units. Does it mess with their drop rates? Or is this a myth?
Yes , it is true. Because two players (or squads) have different instance of drop resources (separate drops). That causes drop to mess because it calculates who made more effort to unit , and with that calculation 1 squad/player can get drop if he made more effort , but it still depends on drop rate. There can happen that both not get drop , or both get in some case , but to question , yes it messes drop rate. You can check "Sirius Adjustments" Dev Shack , you can read things there.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Rajaa said:
DantePlays said:

Yes , it is true. Because two players (or squads) have different instance of drop resources (separate drops). That causes drop to mess because it calculates who made more effort to unit , and with that calculation 1 squad/player can get drop if he made more effort , but it still depends on drop rate. There can happen that both not get drop , or both get in some case , but to question , yes it messes drop rate. You can check "Sirius Adjustments" Dev Shack , you can read things there.
Aside from that it also depends on the class you fly. What is known however is "the more dmg/support the better the chances" for the Pilots. I notice pretty good droprates when i fly a supportive ship that has repair/debuff skills (like engi or in terms of TC the hawk) or if i go all out with firepower and support (Paragneiss) while in all other ships the drops are way to worse to fly solo vs another pilot/sq.

On one side the personal drops are great cus it prevents the "cryostealing" while on the other side it limits some aspects of the game or messes them up entirely. In Sirius it always is the best option to have 1 full sq for hunting the Bosses (Giza. Soris and Amrana) cus otherwise it´s not uncommon that the drops of BPs are extremely low to even non at all for both sq.

For the Siri bosses i would like to see an QoL Update ala "after kill they drop each BP 2x (of their current planet pool) while additional BPs (of their current planet pool) can drop" cus over that way you need to kill them at least 5x to cover 1 full sq instead of maybe killing 10x+ just cus 1 bp doesn´t want to drop at all. Sure they respawn after 15 mins when they are killed (Soris and Amrana) but sometimes you can´t stop that others will shoot them and then you know that the droprate will be messed up after all the time you spend to "summon Soris/Amrana".

Giza is the only boss i don´t really mind if another pilot/sq joins cus in theory you can "summon a bunch of them while the previous still is around.

Aside from all that flying in a full sq for hunting is always the best option cus it increases the chances for "multidrops" so that a unit has the chance to "Crit drop" and it can drop up to 2-4 cryos or BPs. The highest drop i have seen so far was 4 cryos and 3 BPs from a single unit in a full sq. In another post i made a suggestion for an total overhaul of the Sq/drop system a while ago:
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=42607#p198120