Direction of the games development?

Tyrannus

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Sol-
Rank
It has been exactly 1 year, 4 months, 1 week and 4 days since the last update on the direction that TC is taking (as said here). Since then, there have been no updates on what is going on; what future updates hold for PG, the future of Tau Ceti, et cetera. There have been the occasional bug fix and small changes, but overall, nothing big has changed since the release of Sirius (almost 3 years ago).

No doubt many players are getting bored, and many have already left due to boredom - nothing to do. Sirius itself has an incredibly repetitive system, in that you simply jump the jump ship, check a planet for bps you want and hope the one you want drops, rinse, repeat. But since this has been going on since 2011, then it's no surprise that players are beginning to get bored of doing the same thing over and over again. After getting the bps they want and installing them, then that's essentially end-game... except there isn't really an end-game.

You get to level 85, got your nice tech and whatnot, but there's not much you can do with it, except grind grind grind, hoping that you'll be ready for if Tau Ceti releases new ships and tech. Of course there's also the occasional helping out other players and some nice conversations in chat, but that's it. The only fun for end-game players is pretty much PvP.

The game is stagnant, and something really does need to be done about this, else more people will leave out of boredom - there's simply nothing much to do for fun.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Suggestions
Tau Ceti - Development for Tau Ceti needs to continue, because at the moment it looks like it's 1/10 finished, what with only half a planet, no new ships and no new tech. This would actually serve to give players something to look forward to in terms of storyline, brand new ships, and new tech. It's already highly anticipated (or used to be), it would give us new toys to play with for a good while, like how we played with Sirius, and Draconis, and Sol, et cetera. It will also give people who have been saving up their cryo, incentive; they have something to look forward to grinding for.

However, releasing TC by itself simply won't do, as in a years time (or even a few months) people would most likely have completed it, got the tech they want, and are back to grinding, we can't just have a new system, but also a lot of 'end-game' content that will keep players interested until the release of a newer system. So here are some suggestions.

'Mega Boss' missions - A bit like the boss missions normally done at the end of each system storyline (eg 'Behemoth battle' (Behemoth), 'Mutilators revenge' (Vlad's Impaler) etc). The suggestion here is that after completing a system storyline, a 'Mega boss' squad mission is unlocked - this is essentially a boss battle involving the boss that had to be defeated in the system, but is much tougher than their original counterpart. When said boss is defeated, they should drop a large sum of cryonite (in concordance with what is defined as 'large' in the system the boss is in (eg, 3000 for Vega, so 600 for each squad member if 5. 6000 for Antares, so 1200 for each squad member if 5, or something along those lines)), as well as also dropping a rare that is specific to the boss itself; a 'Boss BP', that can only be dropped by killing the boss (if only for achievement value :) ). A bp would drop in relation with the amount of members in the squad to kill the boss (so 4 bps if 4 people in squad, 5 if 5), so each person can get a bp & the amount needed to complete said bp would only be 1/2, so it doesn't become too repetitive.

CQ Rewards - I think the rewards before the change to gravitons were fine as they were; a percentage increase in cryonite was much more rewarding in the long run than gravitons.

Events - This is mostly regarding the RavenDynamics events. The fact that we have to grind out a ton of Signets (very repetitive), in order to unlock the mission that will get you the bps. Once of complete the mission, you find out you need 25 bps for the ships, so you have to repeat the mission a certain number of times to get your ship bp. Then, after doing all this, you have to grind out 685k cryonite to get the ship itself, and extra for the armors; It's quite a handful. Events need to be fun if there is an intention to get players to actually play the event, or actually complete it. Either reduce the amount of signets required to unlock the missions, or reduce the amount of bps required to unlock the ship bps.

Warscore - You should be able to get something out of your warscore at the end of the week (at the warscore reset) - I suggest that after the warscore reset, 1/4 of the warscore is converted into cryonite - this'll give people more incentive to grind for warscore, as they know it'll also give them something by the end of it - and while doing so, also gives em the chance to go up the leader board.

A variety of CQ's - Having the same old CQ every time can get boring for some, so perhaps the addition of a bigger variety of CQ's than 'Hold the points'.

Capture The Flag - Perhaps a classic example. This could work by simply having two clans (and their alliance) fighting for the opposing teams 'flag' (which could be anything). The 'flags' can be collected by a player, once it has been collected, the player has been 'marked', so it is obvious that he has collected the flag (this could be displayed by the display bar that comes up, like 'X has got the flag' etc). Players return these flags back to their clan flag to earn a point, and the clan with the highest score wins the CQ.

Brawl - Very straight-forward. Two clans (and by extension, alliances) simply fight each other on a CQ planet for around 1 hour. The clan that achieves the highest kill count wins the game. This game mode would get people actively engaging in CQ's rather than sitting at control points (with the occasional AFKing).
____________________________________________________________________________________________

These are merely suggestions that I thought would be interesting additions to this game, to spice things up a bit from the current, stagnant state of it at this moment.

I do hope this post is taken into consideration (as well as all the other complaints and suggestive ideas on this forum). In the end, we (or rather a fair amount of us) aren't complaining because we hate the game, but because we want it to change in a direction that will please the majority, and currently there are many players that are not pleased with the direction it is going at the moment.

Thank you for your time. :)

-Tyrannus/-Sol-

Ziethius

Reaction score
I must say you put a lot of thought into this posting :)
After reading over your suggestions to pumping up the game i really like them .. and i'm as critical as they come... Believe me i tried to find something to pick at but honestly would look forward to partaking in each one of those ideas.

Mizar

Reaction score
I don't usually comment on the forum but after reading Tyrannus's post, I have to say that I agree with all of what he has said. He has put forward original and very realistic ideas that I think Splitscreen should have no problem fulfilling; it would definitely add some more fun to the game, and like Tyran said, our complaints are not because we detest the game, but because we feel that the game has so much more to offer.

When this game first came out back in 2009, it was nominated as the best browser-based game of the year and for good reason, the game was simple and fun at the same time, there were no huge learning curves that you had to overcome and it kept you hooked. You were slowly adding more features and variety to the game which kept the players anticipating, you left the players enjoying the release of a feature for a good few months to a year before you released another, keeping the players satisfied; at least for me it was like that and I'd bet that if you asked PG players who joined from the start and carried on playing till now what the game was like back then they would refer to it as the "Golden Age of Pirate Galaxy" and i would agree 100%. But like Tyrannus said, sirius has been left too long as the end system of PG and its repetitive cycle has verily driven many players to quit simply due to boredom.

I ask of you, Splitscreen, to really consider applying all if not some of these changes to the game because it would really add more variety and it would be a delightful long-term feature that people would no doubt enjoy.

Regards.

Mizar

METHANOID

Reaction score
I agree too, game really needs some more fun to do things, i really liked the Capture the Flag and Brawl ideas for CQs seems like would be alot of fun, i imagine, 1 Pilot would steal the flag and all opponents will start to run after him to get his flag hehe :D if pilot is killed, then the flag is dropped and somebody else can collect it, and bring it to base :D scoring one point :eek:

Man this would be fun, i already have an idea in mind how capture the flag would work :)

Why not make this on one of Sol planets like Jupiter, Uranus or Neptune. Please Think about this

These planets have not been used for long time, please make some use of them. :confused: