Design a Conquest Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Design a Conquest Planet

Hey creative pirates,

would you like to design the conquest planet for Tau Ceti part 2? We think it would be a great addition to the update if the game received a conquest planet structure with a different "character" compared to the ones available (which is still fun to play of course). For example, you could simplify the design and craft a planet with just two control points, or a narrow linear corridor that would lead to intense front line combat.

How to design the planet?

This is the map of Valkion, Draconis—just to show you how conquest planet map design works.
conquest_template.png

This is the PSD file you can use as a template in Photoshop, Gimp, etc.
Download Template (PSD)

White = Collision: pilots cannot fly into these areas
Black = Play Area: pilots are able to fly in these areas. About 3 pixel is the minimum size for a ship to pass.
Blue = Energy Field: energy fields, variable circular radius and area count (Areas between 4-8)
Orange = Control points: variable circular radius and area count (Areas between 1-12)
Green = Landing Zone: pilots land in a random location in the given circular area, radius variable (1 Area only)

How to participate?

For your new design, please create a separate topic in the forum's feedback section. Explain the ideas behind your design, especially what kind of gameplay you want to achieve. We will update this topic and link to your design submissions so that other players can easily find them and provide feedback.

In the end, the team will select the conquest planet design that they find is the best fit for Tau Ceti part 2. Updates about the selection process will be posted here as well.

Looking forward to witnessing your creativity first-hand! :)

Google's translation bad? Community translations of this changelog will get linked here (author's name included)!

Current Submissions:
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=41921
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=41945
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=41931
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=41938
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=41937
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=41920
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=41901

skyslide22

Reaction score
If we can design the landscape rgb map too i will take part of this :)
Just give me the info about the dimesion you use for your maps and i make my own :p

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
The design is just for the game design on how it should feel to play the conquest planet and not the looks of it.
Visuals are more complex and its not a simple image ;)

Kapljeu

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
kalpeuwasnaked
Rank
Highway said:
About 3 pixel is the minimum size for a ship to pass.
How big exacly are those 3 pixels?
Are they small like this:
1.PNGminimap.PNG

Or a little bit bigger like this:
(and i mean only the pass between the rock and the tips of the wall you can see on the minimap)
2.PNGMinimap 2.PNG

You can fly through both of them, but the first one is of course harder. :LOL:

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I would not make it to narrow for a ship to pass. It should feel good playing that map and not getting stuck everywhere ^^

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
The dimensions of the PSD file is 1024x1024 pixels. I guess 3 pixels in that image is the minimum.

Reaction score
I had to say, i had alot of fun drawing my map :D

Can one user post more than one map?

Best regards! ~El cetrero fantasmal.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Here a little suggestion: open field conquest planet. No place for hiding or camping, just free fight everywhere. Note I only modified the layout for that Valkion map for example, so this is not a proper contest entry, just a suggestion.

conquest_design_openfields.png

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
NoMeSeLaContraseña said:
Can one user post more than one map?
Of course!

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Just updated the main post with links to the current submissions. Thanks for your contributions into designing a new conquest planet. I personally like the more extreme variants that try to get beyond the boundaries to find layouts that offer a different Gameplay. Currently it looks like that we make a mix from several ideas that have been posted here and add some surprises players will encounter on the planet as well.

The moon where the conquest will be played on was used as a playground for technological experiments after it has been abandoned due to some unclear circumstances. Now you will find a lot of waste and trash there as well some dangers players must be prepared to face when conquering it.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Highway said:
Just updated the main post with links to the current submissions. Thanks for your contributions into designing a new conquest planet. I personally like the more extreme variants that try to get beyond the boundaries to find layouts that offer a different Gameplay. Currently it looks like that we make a mix from several ideas that have been posted here and add some surprises players will encounter on the planet as well.

The moon where the conquest will be played on was used as a playground for technological experiments after it has been abandoned due to some unclear circumstances. Now you will find a lot of waste and trash there as well some dangers players must be prepared to face when conquering it.
So there won't be a new planet in tau ceti, it's only going to be a different area of the moon in a lower system? Come on devs couldn't it have been a new planet in tc?

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
oh lol, he is saying the conquest planet will be in a moon, not the MOON

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
sorry if the description was misleading. It will be a new moon of Venar ;)

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Highway said:
sorry if the description was misleading. It will be a new moon of Venar ;)
Ahhhh ok sorry, excuse me. Moon in venar, descent idea. :LOL: :LOL: ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.