Getagripx

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Za VillainEmperor
Rank
Hello everyone !
As most of you know, a few months back during the testing phase of the current CQ system on the PTR, we were allowed to spectate ongoing conquests as a 3rd party without having to actually participate in them. Obviously that feature did not make it into the live servers as it could easily be used to cheat and gain information that should otherwise not be available to any one participating side.

Hereby I propose the following idea: what if we ARE allowed to spectate the CQs but only from the point of view of our own clan members ?
For example, maybe make it so any clan member that isn't participating is allowed to spectate any player that is on the surface of the CQ planet, maybe also seeing their HUD so they have a better idea of what items are used etc (as if the spectator was actually flying the participant's ship).

P.S. maybe extend this functionality so that alliance members can also spectate ?
Credit to vishnu99 (he is too shy to share his ideas ! :ROFLMAO: )

moddoo

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Za VillainessEmpress
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
nothing to lose on this so it will be really good and ppl will be active that time to watch even if its not their CQ

nemesis1900

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
nemesis1900
Rank
Clan
Hades
I would honestly prefer that all that energy be focused on trying to increase the number of players participating in conquest, so that no clanmate is left out.

I prefer more participants than spectators.

Anyway I support any idea that benefits this game.

Best regards.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I like that idea but the main problem here is players want to play the CQ instead of only looking from far far away :p
I think the reason behind this is more focused around the fact that sometimes not all pilots can participate in a cq cus acording to my knowledge a CQ is hold in a equal number of Pilots on both sides (if i´m wrong on this part correct me) so situations show up that a pilot wants to be at the CQ but is not able to cus of "making the CQ fair".

Aside from that assumption i´m one of those players who don´t want to look at CQ/PvP related stuff at all so i´m a bit of a "special case" and would at best really look from far far away rather then participate in a CQ/PvP :sweatgrinning:

Getagripx

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Za VillainEmperor
Rank
I think the reason behind this is more focused around the fact that sometimes not all pilots can participate in a cq cus acording to my knowledge a CQ is hold in a equal number of Pilots on both sides (if i´m wrong on this part correct me) so situations show up that a pilot wants to be at the CQ but is not able to cus of "making the CQ fair".

Aside from that assumption i´m one of those players who don´t want to look at CQ/PvP related stuff at all so i´m a bit of a "special case" and would at best really look from far far away rather then participate in a CQ/PvP :sweatgrinning:
That is precisely the idea, obviously we would all like the CQs to grow bigger with more players actively participating but ultimately it would be extremely difficult (if not impossible) to guarantee that neither side will have excess players so I believe a spectator feature such as this one would be a nice touch for those that happen to be left out of the fun :)

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
The idea is somehow cool, however I think that implementation process and time spent for it wouldnt be too cool... XD Straight to the point, i think that it'd just delay major updates like TC4 or Player Controlled Invasions (or PvP Overhaul Part 2? Plsss). Both of those are more important I think than such QoL update. But if time comes and devs got enough time then why not