What's new

BP drop rate from quests question

Sirmorte

Reaction score
As a newbie, I have been trying to kill commanders, which is hard enough, to fulfill a blue print quest. However, after killing dozens, I haven't had one blue print drop. Is this normal?

KJaaru

Reaction score
Heeeey, I've experienced a quite similar situation:

I moved to Aurora to get my lvl 12 BPs, but when it came to the Aim Computer, found on the marauder commanders.

I was on an AnIn-1300 ship so it was a real pain to kill these guys, and I was unable to find a single BP; I even found 2 golden BPs before dropping the wanted BP, which took me 7h of farming for a grand total of 188 marauder commanders.

Soooo, the only advice I can give you is: don't give up^^

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Next week we deploy an update that should reduce the "Bad Luck" on the random drop based system. This should make your progress faster and more satisfying :)

KJaaru

Reaction score
I hope so, I'm currently on Terasa trying to finish my storm blueprints, but even if we forget the insane damage these guys do and how hard it is to find energy on this planet (also forgetting when the Carl Sagan's Defense Forces comes out of nowhere to tag the Mantis, negating any drop), after slaughtering about 100 rocketeers, I only got a single Aim Computer BP :(
I think I'll just pause the game until this is fixed.

Take the time it needs to fix it, but fix it once for good please :)

KJaaru

Reaction score
Highway said:
Next week we deploy an update that should reduce the "Bad Luck" on the random drop based system. This should make your progress faster and more satisfying :)
Now that the update has been deployed, I tested it a bit and I have to admit, this is really nice :)
BP hunting now feels ALOT less frustrating, firstly because they now drop faster, but most importantly because it changes the way we think;

Before: (after 50 Mantis without a single BP drop): 'Man they just don't drop, and I know that this can continue as the drop rate doesn't change.

Now: It's ok, I know that it will drop soon if i just hold on.

A second point is: dropping different BPs from the same enemy. Before, I could get, for example, 15 Aim Scramblers on avengers, but not a single blaster! Now, when I drop a BP, i know that the next one will have more chances to drop, creating some kind of balancing.

Thank you devs for listening to us and reacting well :mrorange:

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Great to hear that it works much better now. Thanks for feedback and explanation how it feels now. :)