What's new

Battle For Sol: The Escape to Vega

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtMurphy

Reaction score
My ship called the T.T.C Bismarck dove into the star gate straight through the middle along with the rest of the crew including myself and following closely is the twenty something Earth warships and no time to spare for being cautious. With no clue as to where we were to go we venture forwards, the only direction that we know for certain we can go.

On the other side of the gate I make no hesitation in having my ship head away from the gate, not stopping until a good kilometer away as the remainder of the fleet comes through the gate, one after the other.

I count up to seventeen Earth ships before they stop coming through the gate and as the last one sails through it unloads many tiny objects out of its hanger bays. The captain of the ship opens communications to me.

“Captain Murphy all ships behind mine are no more, the mantis caught them before they could reach the gate. Yours is a longest service record out of the seventeen remaining captains so we shall follow your orders.”

“Ok, thank you Captain Hemorix.” I reply, wondering what will happen next.

I ponder for a moment weighing up my options, then I push the comms button and order “Everyone take position around the gate, we’ll kill them blasted fighters as they come out of it.”

One of the other captains says with a shaky voice “We should keep running! Maybe we can get away from them!”

“No, if we just keep running they’ll only catch up to us eventually and wear us down until we can fight no more. At least this way we can take plenty of them with us.” I answer back as calmly as I can but with rage still flowing through my veins.

“Ok, your way it is. Let’s give ‘em hell!!!!!”

Mantis Sentinels began seeping through the gate just as the Earth fleet began reassuming their formation around the commanding ship. Out of a two hundred strong fleet that was formed at earth only these seventeen managed to make it through the gate. Ten were heavy frigates; six were of the dreadnaught class, and one, a fully armed and operational battleship that had been almost untouched by the battle above Earth by some grace of god. It sits at the center of the formation within firing range of the gate.

As the mantis start pouring through the gate I give the order to open fire but suddenly out of the blue, Captain Hemorix opens up a channel directly to me and says “Hold on! I had my crew arm some modified torpedoes that weren’t fitted onto the fighters before the battle. We should detonate them first before opening fire and we’ll catch lots of them off guard.”

This is the first part of it, I'll post part two tomorrow :) I hope you enjoy.

http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=12901&p=90556#p90556

Firebrand1

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Firebrand
Rank
really good start mate ^^

CtMurphy said:
a fully armed and operational battleship
is that a star wars reference i see? ^^ :mrorange:

pbhuh

Reaction score
Firebrand1 said:

CtMurphy said:
no, that would be if there would stand: "It's a trap, It's a fully armed and operational battleship" lol

CtMurphy

Reaction score
“Okie dokes Captain Hemorix, let’s see what ya got.” I answer back before giving the order to hold fire.

A stream of sentinels’ begins flooding through the gate, spreading outwards into a cloud like shape whilst they unwittingly fly through the makeshift minefield. Captain Hemorix, holding the detonator in his hand is eagerly waiting for the mantis to get into just the right position as the eliminators enter into the system through the gate, four by four.

The sentinels’ are getting fairly close as I wait for Hemorix, the thought that they’re too close seeping into my mind. At that very moment I see a big bright flash on the view screen followed by hundreds more in the vicinity. Right before my eyes the sentinels were being blown to pieces without having to waste a single round of ammunition from the main fleet. A smile’s growing on my face; I could feel the muscles in my cheeks instinctively move with the satisfaction of seeing my enemy being annihilated.

Before long I’m sitting back in my Captains chair looking at the horde of eliminators still relatively unscathed rushing full throttle towards my fleet.

“Fire!” I shout as loudly as I can; my battleship firing off every last weapon it had both big and small. The eliminators, being skimpy enough and fast enough to avoid most of the incoming fire; they continue to zip through it with relatively few losses directly towards the already damaged dreadnaughts and frigates, seeming to avoid the direct conflict with the main battleship.

They make haste towards us, leaving themselves little room for error as the slightest mistake will slam them straight into our side; blaster shots raining down on us, pounding the shields which wouldn’t last very long against the mantis’ constant barrage of fire. Anti fighter point defence blasters are finally being put to good use as the Eliminators trickle into their range. With great difficulty the mantis Eliminators begin getting taken out by the point defence blasters pin point accuracy.
Yet even with that the heavy ships within the fleet are taking serious damage to their power grids and engines, quickly turning into sitting ducks. It’s like the mantis know exactly where to hit us and how.

This is the second part to it, the next part will be posted later tonight :) Hope you're liking it.

Firebrand1 said:

CtMurphy said:
The force is strong with this one. O.O

CtMurphy

Reaction score
Not having much time to think to myself though, I continue shouting orders down the comms and watching almost helpless as the dwindling eliminators carve their mark into the fleets remaining ships. Many of which are now totally helpless thanks to the eliminators dead on targeting.

Suddenly I’m thinking it’s about to end with the fast and agile eliminators being picked off. The gate activates and another stream of mantis trickles through the gate filling my helmsman’s radar with yet more red dots. Giving myself no time to comprehend fully the situation that is quickly developing, I order the fleet to retreat towards Aurora; the last of the eliminators are no more and all of the ships capable of mobility follow my orders setting their ships on a heading towards Aurora.

As the small fleet begins heading towards Aurora I turn to my helmsman and tell him to set a course directly towards the gate and head down towards the secondary control room.

“Captain?” He replies hesitantly, knowing it would mean certain death to follow my order.

I tell him quickly. “If you can’t do it, then find an escape pod and leave, I’ll do it myself, either way someone has to slow them down. So what’ll it be? Ya wanna help me or turn tail and run?”

“I... I’m sorry Captain, I don’t want to die here” He says seconds before sprinting for the door and disappearing from my sight.

“Hmm, smart choice” I say to myself with a smile and takes the helmsmen’s seat for myself, pushing buttons on it before walking out of the room again. Just as I’m heading out of the door I press the comms button once more to tell my crew to abandon ship.

I’m running through to corridors, rushing to get to the control room and crewmen rush to the escape pods, I’m liking the fact my crew are following what was likely to be my last order.

“Finally” I’m thinking to myself as the door panel to the secondary control room are within my grasp, I push the button and the doors swoosh open smoothly. Walking into the room I think to myself wondering if the rest of the fleet were getting away safely. Wasting no time though, I head straight for my captain’s chair and put all of the remaining point defence blasters on auto fire to stand up against the many mantis fighters entering the system.

Mantis eliminators and sentinels along with avengers zip past my ship, their main focus being the main fleet and out of the blue I much larger ship; most certainly not a fighter comes out of the gate.

Here is part three. Sorry it's late, I got sidetracked but I'll post the next part as well to make up for it :) I hope you're still liking what you're reading ^.^

CtMurphy

Reaction score
“A frigate?” I say to myself thinking I may be too late already. What’s left in my energy reserves I transfer to the main weapons, what is left of them that is to focus fire on the frigate. Its’ shields take hit after hit, my heading still steady, aiming straight for the gate in the hope of destroying it and stop them from receiving reinforcements.

The frigate seems to simply sit there taking the damage, seemingly motionless in the cold dead of space. I think to myself “what is it waiting for?” then just at that moment, I felt a large rumble shake the whole battleship. It’s a beam of energy pile diving straight through the ships’ hull and burying itself deep inside the bulkheads.
The shaking is so great that I find myself on the floor after being knocked out of my seat. I try getting my head together as I get up on my feet still slightly confused as to what just happened. Just then another huge rumble followed by a loud roar shook the ship and I found myself flung down into the floor all the way to the other side of the room. My shoulder hits hard into floor and breaks from the impact. I shout out in pain and find myself unable to move my right arm.

I don’t allow myself to concentrate on the pain very long though while I fixate myself on the task at hand, forcing myself up onto my feet. Stumbling to the chair, I grab on to the arm with my left hand to steady myself, looking at the monitor on the little panel.

“Damn it, he blew a hole through the left side engine. I’m drifting off target completely.”

All of the monitors are switching off as I try desperately to find a way around the damage and put myself back on course but nothing I thought of could possibly work. I had no clue as to what was going on outside the ship and at about the time the ship should have hit the gate I found myself still drifting with the ship.

A flash of bright white light fills the control room blinding me momentarily and replacing the bright light in the same instant it reseeds into nothingness the large body of a mantis up close and in the flesh imposes its’ presence in the room.

The flash isn’t there anymore but the blinding light still remains in my retina leaving me able to see only the outline of my enemy. On instinct I reach for a pistol on the captains chair but before I even begin to pull it up the mantis ducks down like in a bow and something shoots out from its’ mandibles. I can feel myself being covered in something slimy and not so pleasant, but I can still move. Bringing the pistol up from the chair as the slime engulfs me. I can feel the resistance as the slime stiffens against my muscles forming a rock hard outer shell and before I can point my pistol at the mantis intruder I find myself completely unable to move. Not a word can be heard as the mantis drags my out to a more open area in a somewhat aggressive manner. I notice the green goo spread out over a patch of its thorax. “It must be covering a wound of some sort.” I think to myself as the mantis dragged me to a more open part of the control room. A field of light begins to engulf me as I ponder aimlessly in my paralysed state.

“What will become of a man trapped in the black widows net, surely I can’t end like this...”

The end.

This be the 4th and final part to the story so far. I might write a few more later on too. Feel free to give feedback if you wish :) It's really helpful if not sometimes blunt.

*Takes a bow* That's alll he wrote folks.

pbhuh

Reaction score
stop writing, i am kinda lazy to read it lol, ^^ ^^ ^^

but it must be good,

Status
Not open for further replies.