What's new

Ancient Myst vs Ancient Punisher

The Spartan Warrior

Reaction score
Which is better in general. Please include reasons why they are better. Thanks
P.S: My opinion is Myst is better but some people like Punisher better :sneaky:

Last Martyr Elixz

Reaction score
Myst pod anything easily, but it's armor is protector and aim scrambler...
Punisher very good ship for pvp, but fairly sow withotu speed booster, and when it's repair droid is done... legi, myst, they pod it easily.

i know cus i got myst, punny, legi, and i've pvped all

R

Ramirez

The big advantage of the Myst are his fast defence items (Protector and Aim Scrambler) which make him nearly invincible for everything. His Stundome is is absolute killer when he uses directly after it an Strong OS which kills even an Punisher which only has lost 1/4 armor.

The Punisher may be an nice ship but his realy weakness is his Repair Droid. When it is down the Punisher is an easy target to kill. He also can have already trouble in killing Strong Units on the 4th ring depending on his rocket hits.

The funny thing in the PvP is that an Myst has no problem to kill an Punisher while the Punisher is fighting against the "aiming" of the rockets. I have tried many PvP against an Myst and i don´t know why but i lost them everytime no matter what i have done he killed me as soon as my armor was 1/4 down he stuned me an striked me whit an OS into the pod haven.

The Spartan Warrior

Reaction score
So a Myst would survive better when it comes to Sirius and pvp? To me an Ancient Myst is cooler, has decent supportive moves unlike the Punisher and is a good hybrid between a defensive and offesensive ship. A Punisher to me is just a full offensive ship with not much to support it.

Myst) 1) Good for pvp as it has Aim Scrambler and a Protector, plus a stun dome and the ability to resist stun when the protector is up. Plus the Orbital Strike for high damage.
2) Farming, Orbital Strike :p.
3) Soloing, Aim scrambler to dodge hits, Protector to protect its weak armour and stun dome to give u a few seconds of damage dealing or running away.
4) Bad armour unfortunately.

Punisher) 1) Good for offensive use.
2) High armour, same as a Dominator.
3) Sniper blaster with quick cooldown when Speed Actuator is active.
4) No supportive moves except the Speed Actuator, rockets have a good chance of missing.

Is everything I just said correct? Its based on what I have seen and heard.
Thanks for your answers.

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
U are right Spartan... Thats why in Askone server we found only 1 Myst-planet... ehh... We found bout 4 planets of Punisher and just 1 with myst... shame for this serv lol xD

Reaction score
The Spartan Warrior said:
So a Myst would survive better when it comes to Sirius and pvp? To me an Ancient Myst is cooler, has decent supportive moves unlike the Punisher and is a good hybrid between a defensive and offesensive ship. A Punisher to me is just a full offensive ship with not much to support it.

Myst) 1) Good for pvp as it has Aim Scrambler and a Protector, plus a stun dome and the ability to resist stun when the protector is up. Plus the Orbital Strike for high damage.
2) Farming, Orbital Strike :p.
3) Soloing, Aim scrambler to dodge hits, Protector to protect its weak armour and stun dome to give u a few seconds of damage dealing or running away.
4) Bad armour unfortunately.

Punisher) 1) Good for offensive use.
2) High armour, same as a Dominator.
3) Sniper blaster with quick cooldown when Speed Actuator is active.
4) No supportive moves except the Speed Actuator, rockets have a good chance of missing.

Is everything I just said correct? Its based on what I have seen and heard.
Thanks for your answers.
Nicely said here.
In simple words, Myst is the sirius grinder and Punisher is the sirius tank/storm hybrid (HP/damage wise).
If only punisher rockets didn't miss that often. :(
Myst can pod as every other ship. Try it against a good Raider pilot. I don't say it will be easy, but it's possible.

MonkeyMagic

Reaction score
i have to absolutely disagree with something i read.
A Myst Well played is absolutely awesome. off course. it can pvp everything has a lot of survival abilities and can survive.
But. Take my myst and my punisher
Put them on a 4th ring planet.
And ask me which one will kill the most units.
i will kill between 3X up to 4X more units with my punisher.
Punisher is by far the best solo grinding ship on any ring. Kills Fast And very rapid CD for the tech
you might have trouble with killing the greenies(boss) but you can still kill them faster than a myst would
And yes. you can kill greenies on the 4th ring with the punisher. very easy just use your sb rockets and thermo when your rep is in CD.

The punisher is absolutely awesome in PVP too. it simply depends on who you are fighting and what ship they have.
You cannot guaranty a rocket hit. that is true.... but you shouldnt be hoping to win because of your rockets.... come on guys where are your pilot skills wake up
If the only way you win a pvp with a punisher is when your rockets hit... well i think you need to review your skills and define yourself as a bad pvper.

you can always work things out your way.
It is absolutely true that a myst VS punisher it will be a tough one. altho i have seen a Punisher beating Myst and vice versa obviously.

But... going a punisher VS a myst... might not be the best idea ever tho.... Choose your Weapons. The good thing about the myst is : whatever you are fighting you can be a good match agaisnt it, but it doesnt mean your invincible.

I have seen myst getting 1 shot like it was an R70 so many times its funny

So what i have to say :
If you're a good PILOT ; you will be a good Myst Pilot.
If you're a good PILOT ; you will be a good Punisher Pilot.

if you can get both.... get both... because they both are awesome.
They both are very fun to play with.
and they both can be used for different things.

Have fun ^^

Heriiwax

Reaction score
I must agree.
I am flying a myst and it is NOT a grinding ship.
The OS can surely be used on many units in lower systems, but wont generate any cryo because of the penalties.
Punisher is THE ship to grind with in Sirius. Myst is for PVP and all-round survival/soloing.

Ace flyer

Reaction score
I actually like Punisher better, i rarely pvp, i like grinding better.

Kapljeu

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
kalpeuwasnaked
Rank
Puni Power! Punishers in fleet kill everything