A possible Idea for "Item 9"

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Basically this idea came yesterday to me when i was completing the Story of Calon and the Story Mission "Core Wants".

Beware that this contains a little Spoiler for the Mission but should not kill the experience of it entirely.

When we start this mission we will be send to a location to collect "something special that was prepared" for us to help in the mission.

Said Special is the ability to "call an Orbital Laser" (that looks nice when activating it) by scaning anything and has a limted use of 13 rounds per Mission attempt. So here the idea already takes place with the idea in mind that sometimes in other discussions it comes up that it should give a 9th item for the ships.

So why not make it so that Slot 9 is more a "Special" that can be used but has a rather long CD like 5-30 mins depending on the Special. Of course the Purple Grav should not work on this 9th Slot. In hangar we can then freely change the Special if it was unlocked

How to Unlock a Special?:
In order to unlock such a special the Story needs to be done and Certain Story missions (maybe also Event Missions) unlock this Special then. As an example here 3 missions

Sol (Moon):
Mega Perforation - Special "Shield Destroyer"

If used the Pilot will emit a wave (maybe 1.5 times larger then Aggro Bomb) that instandly depletes every active Shield/Protector of the units that have been hit and has a CD of 5 minutes

Draconis (Hive):
Battle Cruiser - Special "Call for Reinforcements"

If used a group of 5 rndm (System specific) class ships will land at the Pilots location and help attacking enemies and follow the pilot. The group stays active for a maximum of 5 minutes and has a CD of 20 Minutes (15 minutes as using the special already triggers the CD timer)

TC (Calon):
Core Wants - Special "Orbital Laser"

If used it will call the Orbital Laser of the Mission with the same animation. Instead of scaning a target needs to be selected so that it is not triggered by accident. CD of this Special should be 10 Minutes.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Basically this idea came yesterday to me when i was completing the Story of Calon and the Story Mission "Core Wants".

Beware that this contains a little Spoiler for the Mission but should not kill the experience of it entirely.

When we start this mission we will be send to a location to collect "something special that was prepared" for us to help in the mission.

Said Special is the ability to "call an Orbital Laser" (that looks nice when activating it) by scaning anything and has a limted use of 13 rounds per Mission attempt. So here the idea already takes place with the idea in mind that sometimes in other discussions it comes up that it should give a 9th item for the ships.

So why not make it so that Slot 9 is more a "Special" that can be used but has a rather long CD like 5-30 mins depending on the Special. Of course the Purple Grav should not work on this 9th Slot. In hangar we can then freely change the Special if it was unlocked

How to Unlock a Special?:
In order to unlock such a special the Story needs to be done and Certain Story missions (maybe also Event Missions) unlock this Special then. As an example here 3 missions

Sol (Moon):
Mega Perforation - Special "Shield Destroyer"

If used the Pilot will emit a wave (maybe 1.5 times larger then Aggro Bomb) that instandly depletes every active Shield/Protector of the units that have been hit and has a CD of 5 minutes

Draconis (Hive):
Battle Cruiser - Special "Call for Reinforcements"

If used a group of 5 rndm (System specific) class ships will land at the Pilots location and help attacking enemies and follow the pilot. The group stays active for a maximum of 5 minutes and has a CD of 20 Minutes (15 minutes as using the special already triggers the CD timer)

TC (Calon):
Core Wants - Special "Orbital Laser"

If used it will call the Orbital Laser of the Mission with the same animation. Instead of scaning a target needs to be selected so that it is not triggered by accident. CD of this Special should be 10 Minutes.
why not develop some extraordinary ships for those "9th" item? i'm not a big fan of this 9th item.. as you said prepare this kinda three techs in a event or special storymissions (sol-draconis-tau ceti) i remember that the parsec storm had a shield back then , basically a hidden 9 item when thermo blast or something else was activated. i don't remember anymore, should be around early 2009