What's new

A few suggestions to improve Pirate Galaxy

Shockingking88

Reaction score
Hello,today I'm going to give a few of my opinions to improve Pirate galaxy.Also,i recorded down the opinions recommended from some players.First of all,the most important one Pirate Galaxy should add into the game.(High priority)Some of the opinions here are really interesting too :D :D

Most important.
1.Bug fixes for hangar.A few reports from pilots saying that they lose their ships,drones when they logout inside the hangar for a long time and comes back online.Please fix this.

2.Add some Announcer system.For example,a welcome message when pilots log into the game,a Welcome voice to the hangar,facilities available.For challenges like Phobos/Arkon,add announcer system saying Reactor integrity is below 50%-10%.Announcer for Welcome to Vega-Draconis stargate.Buddy request and new message received.This makes the game more interesting.If you are adding it make sure that the Announcer's voice must not be too robotic.

3.Add effects.Effects like snow flakes coming down for the sky during Christmas event on every event planet.

4.Improve accuracy for health bar when taking lots of damage,make the descending of the health bar faster.The squad tab shows the correct health accuracy.Health bar instantly drops fast when taking huge damage.

5.Remove buy energy button.The buy energy button that pops out out of the screen below the Pirate Mode when your energy is low,pilots may make click the 'buy' energy accidentally and waste their gold.Instead, make a 'star-like' flare leading towards the shop twice and appears a message saying 'Energy is low,would you like to purchase an instant energy pack?'

6.Gemini ships are too weak.The Gemini ships are too weak for Technatoria especially the engineer that gets entangled with Death Squads.

Fairly important.
1.Add rain effects to planet Earth.Not too frequent but sometimes when the sky is getting dark just like reality.

2.Add new musics to the game.Repeating the musics makes the game boring.

3.I really think this would really help because Pirate Galaxy soundtracks are awesome.So,add settings option for Music Only.This could really help xD

4.More blueprint drop rate for Earth.I find that blueprint drop rates are very very low for Earth,took me 30 minutes to tech a Blaster blueprint.

5.If available,changeMizar Starbase look from the outside.The Mizar Starbase look from the outside.It is similar to the Gemini' Starbase.

6.The game needs more events.Please add more if possible :p

7.Reduce lagfor Commerce Central in the Gemini System.Some players have a bad graphic card and with lowest quality graphic settings are lagging in CC,especially when we use our mouse to drag the screen,there is 1 second delay.Delays everything even clicking on the ground,item,enemies.

8.Mantis Hive ray of light should be brighter to attract pilots attention.Why?because this would be the last section of the mission fun.

9.More cryo drop rate for Baumar but less than Molikar.

10.Last but not least,increase Baumarian Fighter's health and armor.

Thanks for your readying,i hope this would REALLY help to improve the game. ^_^ Strive on! Pirate Galaxy!

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Interesting.

But I like the "Music only" option. And distinct gauge for music and effects...

JediMester

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JediMester
Rank
Clan
bad bad boys
These ideas are great! :!:
Earlier I was thinking on it, how could the developers make this game more good and interesting.
From these ideas most I also thought, that this or similar updates can do it...more comfortable and it'll looks better. (Even with graphical updates)

So I hope, the developers will read this and appreciate this, because these updates would be really awesome! :)

flyfighter

Reaction score
Nice ideas on the sounds, u got my vote!

There are a couple things i could not find myself in :). Number 6 from ur list is in my opinion a good thing. Its not called a "death Squad" whitout a good reason. If u would easily survive an attack the whole thing would lose its function. Its on technoria especially where u gotta watch out where u fly and that is just what this game needs, u gotta feel ur walking on dangerous terrain.

Keep going with these nice idea's! I enjoyed reading them. Also i would post these idea's on the topic "feedback" http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewforum.php?f=253. I've got the feeling devs look there more often :)

Greatings!

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
oops, sorry, I didnt remember this post when you talked to me in solaria... :oops:

ichor

Reaction score
shield bug fix this has been a problem since release. when a shield is depleted, there is at least 1 second where the HP bar is still undamaged. even when the shield is shot off.

Better CQs make it so that all allies and clan mates are visible on the minimap, and not just your clan and your squad. this willk allow a more tactical CQ experience. also, make it impossible for non allies to recive buffs (like the buddy bug).

bp and cry droprates dont really need changing, neither does gemini mantis streangth. those areas are supposed to be hard, and molikar is an unimaginably important planet for new drac players when it comes to grinding.

FPS lag isnt really on SS as well. if you have a bad graphics card its very unlikley that they will re optimize their game for super super low end pcs. reason i say this is because this is a java based game. its simpler than simple, and takes up as much GPU power as spider solitare. if your graphics card has trouble running it, maybe upgrade?

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
ichor said:
FPS lag isnt really on SS as well. if you have a bad graphics card its very unlikley that they will re optimize their game for super super low end pcs. reason i say this is because this is a java based game. its simpler than simple, and takes up as much GPU power as spider solitare. if your graphics card has trouble running it, maybe upgrade?
Agree. Anyway the Java part of the game is not related to FPS. The graphics are not managed by Java, but DirectX. That is the main problem for portability, making the game dependant on Windows. So FPS (and quality/resolution) depends on GPU. I play sometimes in an old Semprom machine back from 2006, with a Via/S3G IGP and it runs at 30 fps with low quality and lowest res (900x600) pretty well. Of course it gets very slow at certain places where many enemies come to screen: I can kill more than 6 harvs in Molikar until the bad performance red sign appears (about 50 inters). But the game crash when I install a gForce FX5500 (but it worked fine with gForce 6200 until it was broken).

ichor

Reaction score
dude you NEED an upgrade.

a gtx 960 is only like 200$ US

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
xD but on that old sempron with AGP 8x I cannot install anything beyond gForce series 7, and that kind of old GPUs are not easy to get these days... :mad:

Of course I have access to a better machine that runs high quality 1360x900 at 60 fps, I just wanted to show you how good can PG run in old hardware ^^