What's new

HP Bar Update - Extending to NPC units as well(?)

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Name Panel
  • The HP & shield bars are now also shown for targets on regular planets, not just in Conquest battle.
  • HP bar is color-coded based on relation to player (buddies, pirates, etc.):
    • Friendly = Green
    • Enemy = Red
    • Neutral = Grey
  • HP bar width now remains the same length (no longer scales with length of pilot name).
  • Additional layout adjustments to make the name panel more compact and easier to read.
I must admit that i did missunderstood this update at 1st and thought that the HP bar is now also shown on the NPC units so i was wondering if this could maybe done so that the HP Bar of the AI units is shown as well.

The idea here comes from the situation that sometimes you have several targets but the pilots in sq attack different targets instead of using focus fire on one unit cus they maybe are all in the same "damage threshold" until a unit changes into another one (like smoking or catching fire) and then the pilots start to switch for focus fire. Sure for many PvE Situations this may be a "useless" thing but for Missions it can be important to "see what unit has the most damage to take it out of the battle" cus no matter how less HP a unit has it still can hit with full force the longer it stays alive.

In order to keep the HUD "as clean as possible" i would say that the HP only shows up if the NPC unit has taken at least 1% damage cus why should we see the HP bar of a unit that has not taken any damage at all? So if the unit resets or gets healed back to 100% by a Mender or Repo it will not be shown anymore.

If this however may be to hard to implement in the code another idea would eventually to make it an togable option where we can set it individually for Players and NPC units? I´m one of those pilots who would like to see all the "needed" info in the screen directly rather then "searching" for the unit that may have lesser HP and by doing so wasting precious seconds :sweatgrinning:

Gruni

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Gruni
Rank
It takes a bit longer to make it work properly for the NPCs, but an update tackling this is already in the works. The HP bar is a useful piece of information and it just makes sense to use it for everything that has to be attacked or defended. Stay tuned. :)