What's new

remove the ability to generate war score from reactor defenders (especially the one in TC)

supersonique

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
supersonique
Rank
Hi all,

we can all agree that PG gold skulls mean nothing however, it is a symbol of grinding status and this is monotonized by 1 person in the whole server, who has 100+ skulls, and never gives anyone the chance to gain one,

My point is that using reactor defenders to gain war score instead of gaining cortex parts in my eyes is abuse of this, hence why no one can get a gold skull through shooting normal mantis outside of this, i mean anyone else could do it, but no one else is going to spend 10+ hours doing reactor bay for war score only.

so gaining war score should be removed from reactor defenders, thus giving people a slightly better chance in grinding for a meaningless gold skull.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
We start well by clarifying that the golden skulls do not symbolize absolutely anything (beyond the nonsense of your time of wanting to accumulate absurd amounts such as 100)

A complaint like this seems like a bit of a meme to me, we're talking about the player having just over 100 skulls and that he has ''monopolized'' that, doing a quick calculation, more or less 60-65 weeks have passed since the release of TC4. which would mean the same amount of skulls, of course we could reduce that to perhaps 50 weeks taking into account the farming time for bp, missions and so on, in any case, we say that said player got 50 skulls in a traditional way, by farming harvesters ( i guess)

Anyway, let's remove the reactor factor, you say that no one will spend more than 10 hours in the reactor like said player is with the sole purpose of getting golden skulls, what makes you believe that that same player will not do the same with the harvesters for more than 10 hours, I mean, we talked about him already getting +50 golden skulls without reactor

1701702354332.png

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I can only imagine that the talk is about a certain Askone player who is know to rule the 1st Division with his "earned skulls" in his profile and i doubt that all those skulls come from reactor defences only as it is not really profitable if it is also about farming cryos that is more or less linked with WS farming to a certain degree.

However as you have stated it by your own words already currently Gold Skulls are "meaningless" even when @Highway did state that at some point they should >>>become some sort of currency<<<to get exclusive stuff with them. However i did point out several times that the ladder system at the current state for gold skulls is flawed as the top 3 (or was it 4?) players will always stay in the 1st division while only the last ranked player is replaced with another one every week.

Imo the easiest solution would have been that the player who hold the 1st place in 1st division would move all the way back to entry division and then has to climb his way back up again if he wants the next skull. With the current system in place it only shows how much time a player did spend by mindless mantis shooting just to get this skull every week again.

Years back i did try to get my hands on a gold skull as well but after week 3 of mindless interhunting it was so boring for me that i gave the attempt up and returned to normal play with hunt for golds and helping others. All i say is that as long as the gold skulls will not give any stat boosting benefits and only cosmetical stuff i can live with the system how it is even when it is flawed in the mechanic how 1st place is handled.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
I have, I think, 6 golden skulls thanks to the reactor, and those 6 weeks were hell, I don't want to imagine the torture it will be to kill harvesters 💀💀💀💀

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I have, I think, 6 golden skulls thanks to the reactor, and those 6 weeks were hell, I don't want to imagine the torture it will be to kill harvesters 💀💀💀💀
Well during the time i did attempt the gold skull things like reactor were not a thing at all and so you could only rely on harv/inter hunting all the time.

Mostly it was best to have someone in squad as Engi whos only purpose was to collect all the cryo that droped (old squad system with seeing drops from others without the need of shooting) and heal keep you alive so that you could fully concentrate on shoting the harvs and inters nonstop for all the time to get the WS

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Hi all,

we can all agree that PG gold skulls mean nothing however, it is a symbol of grinding status and this is monotonized by 1 person in the whole server, who has 100+ skulls, and never gives anyone the chance to gain one,

My point is that using reactor defenders to gain war score instead of gaining cortex parts in my eyes is abuse of this, hence why no one can get a gold skull through shooting normal mantis outside of this, i mean anyone else could do it, but no one else is going to spend 10+ hours doing reactor bay for war score only.

so gaining war score should be removed from reactor defenders, thus giving people a slightly better chance in grinding for a meaningless gold skull.
this kind of "players" i can hardly understand how to simply shoot 1 million war score on armene reactor out of cramp. in my eyes this is not exploiting in the real sense, much more it is unfair for the players who have no access to the reactor, meaning they will not reach 1-2-3 division because they are willfully blocked. i prefer to drink my coffee and chill out :coffee:

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Well during the time i did attempt the gold skull things like reactor were not a thing at all and so you could only rely on harv/inter hunting all the time.

Mostly it was best to have someone in squad as Engi whos only purpose was to collect all the cryo that droped (old squad system with seeing drops from others without the need of shooting) and heal keep you alive so that you could fully concentrate on shoting the harvs and inters nonstop for all the time to get the WS
I know there were people who did things like those you mention, but ufff, I never took a skull before the Armene reactor because killing harvesters made me believe that I would end up badly mentally (more than I do)

this kind of "players" i can hardly understand how to simply shoot 1 million war score on armene reactor out of cramp. in my eyes this is not exploiting in the real sense, much more it is unfair for the players who have no access to the reactor, meaning they will not reach 1-2-3 division because they are willfully blocked. i prefer to drink my coffee and chill out :coffee:
Well, I don't know about Korell but I know that in Aurora whoever is taking the skull for 1-2 months is doing it even with less than 100k warscore XD

In Gaia there is a little more fighting, but come on, it's a game mechanic, it doesn't seem coherent to me to remove it just because some can go to the reactor and others can't, bro, it's competitiveness, in any case we're back to the same thing, it's a purely aesthetic object

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
In Gaia there is a little more fighting, but come on, it's a game mechanic, it doesn't seem coherent to me to remove it just because some can go to the reactor and others can't, bro, it's competitiveness, in any case we're back to the same thing, it's a purely aesthetic object
Be it now mindless harv/inter farming or doing Reactor over and over again in its core it is nothing but a mindless grind in the end. Some only did the skull hunt in order to show up in the ladder on 1st place while others only wanted to have at least one skull to show how determined they were about it.

Genjiro

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Genjiro
Imo the easiest solution would have been that the player who hold the 1st place in 1st division would move all the way back to entry division and then has to climb his way back up again if he wants the next skull. With the current system in place it only shows how much time a player did spend by mindless mantis shooting just to get this skull every week again.
That's quite interesting suggestion to reset the division of 1st place winner. Although resetting back to entry division is probably too much. Maybe halfway, say they goes back to division 5 will work well enough. Great idea :)

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
That's quite interesting suggestion to reset the division of 1st place winner. Although resetting back to entry division is probably too much. Maybe halfway, say they goes back to division 5 will work well enough. Great idea :)
In this sense, armene reactor would be attractive to farm score instead of constantly locking 1-2-3 divi. I see how that works. Everyone talks about fairness and fun but the little things are enough that this is not the case. this suggestion is really good. Would be great if this is passed on!🌝

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I know there were people who did things like those you mention, but ufff, I never took a skull before the Armene reactor because killing harvesters made me believe that I would end up badly mentally (more than I do)

Well, I don't know about Korell but I know that in Aurora whoever is taking the skull for 1-2 months is doing it even with less than 100k warscore XD

Well... I'd love to tell you how things are going on Korell, but they always call me forum Daddy in public chat. 🌚

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Well... I'd love to tell you how things are going on Korell, but they always call me forum Daddy in public chat. 🌚
There was a time in Aurora when they told me more or less similar things, back in 2015 XD

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
There was a time in Aurora when they told me more or less similar things, back in 2015 XD
Coincidence not coincidence. Anyway, the only difference between us is that we are in two different servers 😂 Joking aside, I really like @Vesperion's suggestions. Let's crack down on the armene farmers ! 🌝

supersonique

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
supersonique
Rank
didn't expect a thread, maybe 1 reply but fair enough can't hurt to ask haha

supersonique

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
supersonique
Rank
but it would be nice for them to rearrange the ladder system and make war score meaningful, or even idk a simple reward like a graviton for top 5 players, a title that last's a day or a few days whatever, just don't make it boring, it's the little thing's that give this game meaning useless or not.

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
Imo, since it's something really useless and awful for your social life and your life in general why would you want to have it ?
I think it's better to not try to have a skull, for mental well-being.
Go grind the gym instead.
1701819394512.png

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Imo, since it's something really useless and awful for your social life and your life in general why would you want to have it ?
I think it's better to not try to have a skull, for mental well-being.
Go grind the gym instead.
View attachment 52837
We should now rotate this statement to korell. Thanks for that! 😂

dr.claw

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Chancellor Gowron
Rank
Clan
the outlaws solaria
Hi all,

They should be removed completely of the game becouse its always the same pilot who thinks they have the right to get it.That system better works if the pilot who got 1 is being reset to entry division and had work his/her way back up to division 1 with a skull limit of 50 , all above delete them

dr.claw

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Chancellor Gowron
Rank
Clan
the outlaws solaria
i disagree to 5 that would be to easy