What's new

Please make active player bonus cryo equal for both teams and not affected by afk players

Genjiro

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Genjiro
Hello all,

First of all congratulations @Kiloker on winning the OTB despite the odds!!, however what you have described is not an issue at all in my opinion. The winning team did win less cryonite overall in this scenario which looks bad on paper but let me try to convince you that this is fine.
We know the cryonite bonus depends on the number of active pilots which increases with each player increment.
Here's a graph showcasing the cryonite winnings for a hypothetical score of 100% to 0%. (Link to source)

Reward curve.png

Now this curve is obviously not the same for your score in question but it should give a general idea on the cryonite rewards scaling for each additional active player.

A major reward from conquests that we are ignoring is the gravitons won by the winning team which is certainly a solid amount per pilot for 45min of PvP. I am not going to count the added benefit of progressing conquest planet win achievement but it is undeniably a benefit regardless.

I have gone through the OTB Stats page of @KillerSoldier_ (Very informative page that I encourage others to check out), And the last OTB on Askone where 2 players were counted inactive on the same side was on 1st of August 2023, which does show this scenario is quite a rare case and not something that needs urgent attention.

This type of situation would not arise in a clan vs clan conquest since most clans choose their best players who will more or less stay active, clan leaders can opt to not select players who go inactive to better their winning chances.
Since the same system is used in OTB's but without the controlling factor I can see why there is a general dissatisfaction in lieu of randomized teams and the seeming unluckiness of being paired with inactive teammates.

The statement that players incur a 7 day ban when they don't land, but aren't penalized while inactive on the surface is correct. This I agree needs to be changed and I will certainly bring the topic forward to the devs. It should also mitigate the actual problem which is throwing/purposeful inactivity.

Greetings,
Genjiro.

Last edited:

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Y... the average pilot rank is not the exact same on both sides, because it just sums up the cryonite each player on the team received.
For that reason I used the word "averege".

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
For that reason I used the word "averege".
You can't do statistics on average buddy thats the whole point.. :ROFLMAO:
Also this anyone account that follows u without ever writing a message and replies to same posts in the same way that you reply.. i wonder who that could be? Hgus alt.. khm.. I mean nothing.

Attachments

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
Sorry for irrelevance to the post killoker, but i really think this needs to be addressed

Attachments

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
You can't do statistics on average buddy thats the whole point..
It appears that there is some confusion regarding the reward system. Each player is entitled to an equal bonus applied to a base reward based on their level, and they will receive their reward regardless of whether they receive more or less units. The total sum of the rewards remains the same, and the statistics do not change.

What you see as "team reward" is actually the sum of individual rewards and not a global reward that is then distributed among the players.

Kiloker

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Kiloker
Rank
Clan
CzechoSlovak Legion
It appears that there is some confusion regarding the reward system. Each player is entitled to an equal bonus applied to a base reward based on their level, and they will receive their reward regardless of whether they receive more or less units. The total sum of the rewards remains the same, and the statistics do not change.

What you see as "team reward" is actually the sum of individual rewards and not a global reward that is then distributed among the players.
I think you're the one with confusion regarding the rewards system since the active pilots bonus is basically a multiplier for every individual player's cryo recieved, and it is one of the main factors of determining how much cryo a player gains, alongside player level and total % of ores collected.

Hello all,

First of all congratulations @Kiloker on winning the OTB despite the odds!!, however what you have described is not an issue at all in my opinion. The winning team did win less cryonite overall in this scenario which looks bad on paper but let me try to convince you that this is fine.
We know the cryonite bonus depends on the number of active pilots which increases with each player increment.
Here's a graph showcasing the cryonite winnings for a hypothetical score of 100% to 0%. (Link to source)

View attachment 53098

Now this curve is obviously not the same for your score in question but it should give a general idea on the cryonite rewards scaling for each additional active player.

A major reward from conquests that we are ignoring is the gravitons won by the winning team which is certainly a solid amount per pilot for 45min of PvP. I am not going to count the added benefit of progressing conquest planet win achievement but it is undeniably a benefit regardless.

I have gone through the OTB Stats page of @KillerSoldier_ (Very informative page that I encourage others to check out), And the last OTB on Askone where 2 players were counted inactive on the same side was on 1st of August 2023, which does show this scenario is quite a rare case and not something that needs urgent attention.

This type of situation would not arise in a clan vs clan conquest since most clans choose their best players who will more or less stay active, clan leaders can opt to not select players who go inactive to better their winning chances.
Since the same system is used in OTB's but without the controlling factor I can see why there is a general dissatisfaction in lieu of randomized teams and the seeming unluckiness of being paired with inactive teammates.

The statement that players incur a 7 day ban when they don't land, but aren't penalized while inactive on the surface is correct. This I agree needs to be changed and I will certainly bring the topic forward to the devs. It should also mitigate the actual problem which is throwing/purposeful inactivity.

Greetings,
Genjiro.
I'm not denying that this issue is rather insignificant compared to some other issues in the game. I just made the forum post to make it known since I have never seen someone talk about it before.

In this particular conquest example (thank you for the congrats btw) it actually wasn't that big of a deal since it was a close conquest with a large number of players, so 2 afk players doesn't affect the bonus by much compared to other scenarios. In a conquest with a lower number of players in total, the bonus lost by having 1 or more afks can take away a larger % of cryonite from that team's players compared to my example above. Also, the more one-sided the conquest is to the team with 1 or more afk's favor, the more cryonite they are losing since they gain more cryonite overall. The cryonite lost from this issue also accumulates overtime if you play a lot of OTBs since 1 player afk is not a rare occurrence, and every time you have an afk on your team you are missing out on some amount of cryonite even if it isn't as significant as the scenarios i mentioned above.

While I agree that it isn't something that needs urgent attention compared to other issues, it's still an issue worth being mentioned as I think the fix @KillerSoldier_ suggested shouldn't be that difficult or time-consuming to implement (again, I don't know how the active pilots bonus is coded, so maybe it is).

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
I... the active pilots bonus is basically a multiplier for every individual player's cryo recieved, and it is one of the main factors of determining how much cryo a player gains, alongside player level and total % of ores collected.
That is the same that I said but with different words. The math doesn't change.

Kiloker

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Kiloker
Rank
Clan
CzechoSlovak Legion
That is the same that I said but with different words. The math doesn't change.
I'm not sure what the point you were trying to make is then.