New player playing alone

Takhlahr

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
Takhlahr
Hello,

I'd like to know the current state of the game and how much can a new player play alone until hitting a wall where a squad is a must?

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Most stuff in the game can be done solo but will be mostly farming Cryos and hunting BPs along of doing white missions. A big part of the Story missions can be done solo but it will give some story missions were you will need a squad or OC (Outside cover).

Basically you can say any mission that has no squad sign can be done solo while the missions that have squad sign recommend to play them in a squad. They can still be done solo but will either be more difficult or nearly be impossible to beat depending on the mission objective.

From my own experience the "breakpoint" were you should start to consider joining a clan would be during Mizar or Sol (4th and 5th system). The very required time you will have to be in a clan (no matter what) comes when you unlock Sirius what is kinda like system 6.5 and comes inbetween Draconis to Tau Ceti and is required as you will need the Siri Tech in order to decrypt the Tau Ceti tech.

Be warned tough that Siri will be a grind and can take around 2-3 months until you can get all Siri BPs due of how Sirius works and as the items come in variants (Balanced; Rapid and Strong) and for the top BPs from Tau Ceti you will need every variant of the Siri items in the end

darklink3

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Darkxell
Rank
I have a full solo character on trantor, I had no trouble reaching earth at level 52 (but got lazy and didn't grind the XP to get to 60). My ruleset was simply to never create or join a squad, but I ended up never needing OC either.

The first mission I expect to be a massive wall is "Transporter hijack", on gazica. Not impossible, but extremely hard on planet tech. The very next mission is also one of the hardest so far. But neither of them are impossible, they'd just be an insane grind.

Assuming you can get past hive (there's a few hard ones) and power through the sirius grind solo (it'll take a very long time to solo sorises until you're geared enough), the first mission I couldn't find a way to beat is "Starbase at full charge", on venar. It had a bug to solo it, but was fixed. "Time of farewell' is probably impossible solo.

At calon things get insane however, I don't expect anyone to ever solo it.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I have a full solo character on trantor, I had no trouble reaching earth at level 52 (but got lazy and didn't grind the XP to get to 60). My ruleset was simply to never create or join a squad, but I ended up never needing OC either.

The first mission I expect to be a massive wall is "Transporter hijack", on gazica. Not impossible, but extremely hard on planet tech. The very next mission is also one of the hardest so far. But neither of them are impossible, they'd just be an insane grind.

Assuming you can get past hive (there's a few hard ones) and power through the sirius grind solo (it'll take a very long time to solo sorises until you're geared enough), the first mission I couldn't find a way to beat is "Starbase at full charge", on venar. It had a bug to solo it, but was fixed. "Time of farewell' is probably impossible solo.

At calon things get insane however, I don't expect anyone to ever solo it.
Hmm hmm... Starbase at full charge was the best annoying mission ever.. 🙄

I did ,,Time of farewell" is solo. I had good luck that not all enemies spawned. Sometimes you have an empty planet.

,, Tringulation Trap" is also a good catch. I did the first part solo with the paragneiss(it did take a lot of time) the last part I did with the dominator. No outside squad

,,Catch him if you can" can be done solo, I did it two times with reloaded oort power on my Ancient Punisher.

,,Digging Trenches" can be done solo, faster with outside squad. I did it solo with dominator

,,Dark Promotion" could be done solo, but you need to get the attention from the Methanoid agents and drag them away. Better with 2 pilots in a squad

-

Calon storyline is by far the easiest but you will always need a squad there but some missions are better be done solo

-

Erebos storyline is easy too, but the enemies are far too strong and the output power/repair is not good as it was on calon with lower armor.

,,Inside Job" solo possible but you need to patience. Outside squad could be good. The faster you are the more time you will have. This was the most mission that was exploit by the dear "tester pilots" after erebos was ready for the public.

,,Tracing the nest" is possible with 2 pilots. Two of our members did that

,,Gather forces" possible with 2 pilots. Too hard solo.

,,Operation forward defense" possible with 2 pilots. Outside cover for the right side is recommended

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
Hmm hmm... Starbase at full charge was the best annoying mission ever.. 🙄

I did ,,Time of farewell" is solo. I had good luck that not all enemies spawned. Sometimes you have an empty planet.

,, Tringulation Trap" is also a good catch. I did the first part solo with the paragneiss(it did take a lot of time) the last part I did with the dominator. No outside squad

,,Catch him if you can" can be done solo, I did it two times with reloaded oort power on my Ancient Punisher.

,,Digging Trenches" can be done solo, faster with outside squad. I did it solo with dominator

,,Dark Promotion" could be done solo, but you need to get the attention from the Methanoid agents and drag them away. Better with 2 pilots in a squad

-

Calon storyline is by far the easiest but you will always need a squad there but some missions are better be done solo

-

Erebos storyline is easy too, but the enemies are far too strong and the output power/repair is not good as it was on calon with lower armor.

,,Inside Job" solo possible but you need to patience. Outside squad could be good. The faster you are the more time you will have. This was the most mission that was exploit by the dear "tester pilots" after erebos was ready for the public.

,,Tracing the nest" is possible with 2 pilots. Two of our members did that

,,Gather forces" possible with 2 pilots. Too hard solo.

,,Operation forward defense" possible with 2 pilots. Outside cover for the right side is recommended
I Must agree with this, in conclusion it depends on how many resources you have, tipically most people will go for the easiest method using as few resources as possible, now

if you wanna ask yourself if its possible to solo you can get a Yes/No as well by answering the next things:

Do you have enough gravs to use them whenever they are needed?

Will you get Ultimate/Supernova Boosters?

How much time will you spend on getting ships? having the right tools might make some missions easier, while not having them might make them impossible, Erebos access mission, for example.

If you are playing on Gaia, for example, which is an active server, u could use people getting bps on Erebos to your advantage to clear Inside Job

And even if all this conditions/requirements are met, there are some missions that are impossible to do solo regardless, for example Gather Forces will probably be pure rng, even if you have the best possible ship for the situation, since you have to maintain a boss unit hp below a certain value alone, all of this while not dying/going outside of its range.

and Draining the well is simply impossible to solo.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I Must agree with this, in conclusion it depends on how many resources you have, tipically most people will go for the easiest method using as few resources as possible, now

if you wanna ask yourself if its possible to solo you can get a Yes/No as well by answering the next things:

Do you have enough gravs to use them whenever they are needed?

Will you get Ultimate/Supernova Boosters?

How much time will you spend on getting ships? having the right tools might make some missions easier, while not having them might make them impossible, Erebos access mission, for example.

If you are playing on Gaia, for example, which is an active server, u could use people getting bps on Erebos to your advantage to clear Inside Job

And even if all this conditions/requirements are met, there are some missions that are impossible to do solo regardless, for example Gather Forces will probably be pure rng, even if you have the best possible ship for the situation, since you have to maintain a boss unit hp below a certain value alone, all of this while not dying/going outside of its range.

and Draining the well is simply impossible to solo.
Draining the well is very easy.. Full squad and the right ships and the job is done in 1hr.

E.G first boss can killed with 4 paragneiss and squad leader fox. Save some time and kill all the structures in one rush. The next boss can be killed with paragneiss too.

The third boss I think can be killed with this setup too. I forgot that one.. Sry. Watch out for the repairfieldturret sometimes it spawns directly on our turrets.

The next fourth boss has a nasty stun. You need imp/chroma something like that. Sit down the first stun and after the stun is gone activate your prot. And give all what you've got. If you lucky you can kill him in one round. We always did. We used 2x Imp/ 1x Wolfhound or Parsec Storm/ Chromian/ Fox(Squad)

The last sentry boss needs stun ships.
We used 2xterrorizer/ fox/ hunter parsec/ thunderbird

Kill all the bosses per each structure to save time and ship changing.

Graviton is useful for erebos story, but we never purchased ultimate or supernova booster.

I recorded this mission 3 times. Time to show how it works without any problems.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Well we have also to consider that a big bulk of the missions from TC have insta fail conditions that you can easily trigger by accident like leaving the mission area even for a split second or by simply geting poded.

Triang Fun alone takes easily 15 mins+ before you reach the 2nd part of the mission and the 2nd half is already a slow part requiring to follow a certain unit while having to deal with Sky OS + the non mission units. Without any OC i would say this mission is impossible to be done solo. Sure the mission itself can be done Solo to finish it but even if you should manage to do the 1st half somehow the 2nd part of observing and then climbing the mountain will nearly be impossible without any grav usage and good circumstances.

I would even say that this particular mission is next to the Erebos entry mission (still haven´t completed it at this point and not tried again since they "fixed" the mission) has the highest fail rate that is even more anoying if you should have managed to follow the unit all the way up and fail during the last observation part.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I think saying if we are still on topic or already moving into the offtopic part is hard to tell as the grade is pretty small. But talking about particular missions and saying if they can be done solo or not should still be in the line to a small degree.

Aside from that from my pov i would say with the transition from Drac to Siri the missions will require the help of others for various reasons like power of the Mantis; number of the non-mission units; your will to spend money for boosters; Gravs and stuff; etc.

Siri alone will be rough with only Solo play what is not only for the reason of the sheer amount of BPs you have to collect but also due of the Boss units (aka the big tree at R5) were so far i never was able to beat any of them Solo with an Siri ship or an RDX ship build for Siri. Spawning them Solo? No big deal but actually fighting and winning is a whole other story if i think alone about Soris who is imo the strongest of the bunch