Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Jaax
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
There are no bad ship/item ,Only bad players XD
With PG mechanics there no exist balanced what can happy all.
You need nerf one buff other and someone will still complain ...
If one win another lost that mean is balanced XD
If You cant deal with lose maybe is not game for you XD
If you have well chosen ships,organized sq then dont think so bad balanced items is problem.
But if all use same ships well then cant expect much....
For some reasons exist different ships.

P.S
Last buffs Parsecs was great I like it^^
Good Job ^^
Taunt? Doesn't even pull aggro as intended. There are no bad ships? Dominator, Terrorizer, Parsec are completely made useless by lava/horn, Poe/Marl.

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Obviously I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but your complaining about how hard it is to edit an item. The problem I have is the thought of when you do edit an item, lets take the cloud. Recently it got buffed to have a bigger range, the problem I have is that it is way to powerful in a PvP environment reducing up to 25 players damage by 20-30% is INSANE and that range is damn stupid. There was absolutely no reason to buff the clouds range from a PvP perspective as it was already one of the top items in the PvP/CQ environment and then you guys made it stronger?. Lets also talk about the new ship the Heron, you have made a ship that takes away every weakness from the materialize, you have an inverter, shield and allies cover that heals you with insane speed so you can disengage from a fight with no chance of anyone catching you. This ship has made fights last a lot longer in general, this is certainly a disadvantage for those without membership who can't fight for 7 years straight, when you combine the heron with other herons oh boy... you are able to mat after mat each other while cycling inverter, RD and shield.

I am not asking you to nerf every item, make u spend 3 months on it, I am saying before you make changes or add ships to think about them in a PvP environment. I don't want to be rude but it doesn't seem like to me at least that these changes are being thought about in a PvP environment.

Anyway I appreciate the response from GMs and developers a like.
The problem is not changing the range of an item, or the damage it makes, but the moment it will affect the machanic.
You only think of these sperate items.
the stun is to strong, ok then change it, now what it is too strong or too weak, well too weak but we do not want it to lose it on meta, so increase range or active time.
Oh this one ship has not properly matching hp or speed, then adjust the factor of one of its items, BAM you just got yourself changes to 26 different ships that all use this one item. congratz you got to get all that stuff through ptr and testing and possibly second iteration and more.
The hp and speed changes of the neon3 and 9 lastly are prime example of this.

Taunt? Doesn't even pull aggro as intended. There are no bad ships? Dominator, Terrorizer, Parsec are completely made useless by lava/horn, Poe/Marl.
And if you do not have access to the raven ships, well the parsecs still go. not everyone is hardcore uber meta paygamer that spends everything on the very last item. I mostly play the emp no matter that it sucks in a lot of cases, but it just looks cool, and i still get some kills, so it is.

Jaax

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Jaax
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
The problem is not changing the range of an item, or the damage it makes, but the moment it will affect the machanic.
You only think of these sperate items.
the stun is to strong, ok then change it, now what it is too strong or too weak, well too weak but we do not want it to lose it on meta, so increase range or active time.
Oh this one ship has not properly matching hp or speed, then adjust the factor of one of its items, BAM you just got yourself changes to 26 different ships that all use this one item. congratz you got to get all that stuff through ptr and testing and possibly second iteration and more.
The hp and speed changes of the neon3 and 9 lastly are prime example of this.
Yeah, It seems like the whole system is broken/not coded very well from what you're saying? But again this is not really my problem, the cloud didn't need to be touched for example it was already very very strong and with the release of the heron that ship is "take me, or lose" situation. Idk about ur job ofc, i'm not saying that but the stuff you do change and implement isn't in my opinion keeping competitive environment in PVP/CQS. I don't believe you have 50 testers to do a 25v25 CQ to see the impact of these items, however you don't need to you only need to think. I would suggest giving the cloud a cap on how many people it can hit maybe 5-10 targets to start? and my views on the inverter is that it just shouldn't heal at all in PvP/PvE

STAIN

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
WorkingAsIntended
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
You tried so hard and got nowhere in the end it didn't even matter. Keep that in mind i did nothing to deserve this fate. All i know time is a valuable thing so keep buying memberships. Watch them count down by the end of the day. The clock ticks boosters away. It's so unreal. Didn't fix anything before. Watch the balance go right out the window. Tried to hold on i didnt even know i joined them all the heron spam. I kept everything inside and even though I tried it all fell apart. What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when I wasted time so hard.

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Yeah, It seems like the whole system is broken/not coded very well from what you're saying? But again this is not really my problem, the cloud didn't need to be touched for example it was already very very strong and with the release of the heron that ship is "take me, or lose" situation. Idk about ur job ofc, i'm not saying that but the stuff you do change and implement isn't in my opinion keeping competitive environment in PVP/CQS. I don't believe you have 50 testers to do a 25v25 CQ to see the impact of these items, however you don't need to you only need to think. I would suggest giving the cloud a cap on how many people it can hit maybe 5-10 targets to start? and my views on the inverter is that it just shouldn't heal at all in PvP/PvE
does the aggrobomb or the os have artifical limited on how many it affects, if you get to combine 25 players close enough and fire that, do you also want it to be changed?
You do not seem to grab the intent of the cloud, it shall not just punish the players in range, it shall force players to seek distance and practicly sacifice one player with this effect on it. Also I do not know which range changes at the cloud you refer to as the last changes there were done in 2022, to fix the effective range with the visible range.

Jaax

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Jaax
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
does the aggrobomb or the os have artifical limited on how many it affects, if you get to combine 25 players close enough and fire that, do you also want it to be changed?
You do not seem to grab the intent of the cloud, it shall not just punish the players in range, it shall force players to seek distance and practicly sacifice one player with this effect on it. Also I do not know which range changes at the cloud you refer to as the last changes there were done in 2022, to fix the effective range with the visible range.
So it was a visual fix? well that's my bad then but you can easily take 10 clouds in a CQ. The intent and the gameplay doesn't work, if multiple people are clouded they won't leave the fight it's not worth it. This is from experience with 400 otbs/cqs played.

Sygeron

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Syregon
Rank
Clan
Milky Way Tourist
Did you even play any of those ships or with the mechanics recently? Why do you feel the need to make them look especially bad in comparison to ships with completely other combinations and purposes?

I use my Domi for over 9 years and it's still great, built it back then since from scratch to Sirius, especially for bosses, and taunt still is and always will be useful in that context. Be it constant aggro to have it focus the most damage on you or simply dragging it from mid distance out of a horde of wu/mu/su into a more useful spot, equipped with tec to survive against pulling mobs on the way if needed. And you don't go alone against bosses anyway, it's a squad effort and not solo play. I enjoy PVE with other people and not only think about PVP, everyone always feels entitled to tell other people how to enjoy the game but it's often the opposite when they only look for competetive means. Of course taunt looks useless then if you have that mindset.

On another note: You also forget that not everyone owns all RDX ships and/or the finances/possibility to build them for every purpose they want. So you don't pick any OP ship you think is best and just go with it. I for example missed pretty much all new rdx from not playing between late 2019 and summer this year, last one being Para and now got the chance for Opal recently.

Jaax

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Jaax
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
Did you even play any of those ships or with the mechanics recently? Why do you feel the need to make them look especially bad in comparison to ships with completely other combinations and purposes?

I use my Domi for over 9 years and it's still great, built it back then since from scratch to Sirius, especially for bosses, and taunt still is and always will be useful in that context. Be it constant aggro to have it focus the most damage on you or simply dragging it from mid distance out of a horde of wu/mu/su into a more useful spot, equipped with tec to survive against pulling mobs on the way if needed. And you don't go alone against bosses anyway, it's a squad effort and not solo play. I enjoy PVE with other people and not only think about PVP, everyone always feels entitled to tell other people how to enjoy the game but it's often the opposite when they only look for competetive means. Of course taunt looks useless then if you have that mindset.

On another note: You also forget that not everyone owns all RDX ships and/or the finances/possibility to build them for every purpose they want. So you don't pick any OP ship you think is best and just go with it. I for example missed pretty much all new rdx from not playing between late 2019 and summer this year, last one being Para and now got the chance for Opal recently.
Dominator is a tank which I have played with many times and is outclassed in every aspect to a lava/hornfell, If you read my post I said items should be different in PVE/PvP. Play what ever you like, don't say that the dominator is good, It is not because it is utterly beaten by a lava. Anyone buying a dominator in 2023 is clueless about the game sorry to say it xD

Tketh

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
T-Keth
Rank
Dominator is a tank which I have played with many times and is outclassed in every aspect to a lava/hornfell, If you read my post I said items should be different in PVE/PvP. Play what ever you like, don't say that the dominator is good, It is not because it is utterly beaten by a lava. Anyone buying a dominator in 2023 is clueless about the game sorry to say it xD
Any old parsec became outdated with the implementation of the hybrid ships, nowadays the only players having them is because nostalgia myself included

Sygeron

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Syregon
Rank
Clan
Milky Way Tourist
You wanna instruct me to read a post I wasn't refering to and then ignore what I wrote? Nice move^^
Told you already that I built that Domi 9 years ago and still using it because it's alright for the purpose I'm using it for. And also that not everyone has the possibility to build any rdx ship they want.

"Play what ever you like but if you buy this crap ship, you're a stupid noob."
No point in debating if you don't care for other people's views because you think you're always right and they are wrong/stupid.

Jaax

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Jaax
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
You wanna instruct me to read a post I wasn't refering to and then ignore what I wrote? Nice move^^
Told you already that I built that Domi 9 years ago and still using it because it's alright for the purpose I'm using it for. And also that not everyone has the possibility to build any rdx ship they want.

No point in debating if you don't care for other people's views because you think you're always right and they are wrong/stupid.
Well I didn't put it like that but I will agree with you :ROFLMAO: and "Not everyone can build a RDX" you don't need an RDX you just shouldn't waste ur cryo on a dominator

Jaax

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Jaax
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
T

The point of this conversation was about balancing items, making ships more viable like the terrorizer/dominator etc. You clearly haven't read the whole discussion and instead decided to focus on one small but valid point about a ship being outclassed in every way.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
I have a lot of ''mixed feelings'' XD

I'll start by saying something that I support some of the comments above, I understand perfectly how Alewx explains that due to so many hands that the PG code has gone through, and that there is no ''guide of what you should do to modify a certain element'' programming is a disgusting process, but I also support that while that is the case, the devs dedicate themselves more to trying to ''balance'' in many quotes what is known to be ''wrong'', a or two new RDX per year if they do not focus on the problems that arise daily

If you want something to be well done, take your time, Valve does that by taking years to create a game and no one cries about it XD

Regarding the clouds, the heron, etc., in my humble opinion, it is not a problem, the clouds are just another item in the game which forces you to use a strategy, just like any other, keeping it simple, if you take an engineer to a cq (since you mention it specifically in that area) you cannot play in the front line because the ship and its items are not made for that, naturally you must go behind, it is playing with strategy (come on, this is more common sense than strategy) if there is blazing or hornfels you must play around those ships present, because no matter how ''broken'' the cloud is, if you go to a cq with full blanzing or hornfels it does not mean a guaranteed victory, there are more ships, many more, the same with the heron, playing 2-3-4 is not synonymous with victory, and if you play cq, which I know you play, you know perfectly well that what I say is true

And yes, buying a dominator in 2023 is XD unless you don't have an RDX of course

That made me remember something else, I've already said it 455812654 times, you can't expect ships that are always there like the dominator, parsec, terrifying, etc. to be equal or better than an event ship, because this happens in basically any game online, that something about an event will always be better, the exclusivity of the event itself tells you, and of course if you are a constant player who does not miss any event, or directly pays, of course you will always be in the meta

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
(Also server merge, my wet dream) 🥵🥵🥵

How many times did I recommend going abroad in my solution and no one came, I wanted to have some escape but it's impossible xd

Jaax

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Jaax
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
I have a lot of ''mixed feelings'' XD

I'll start by saying something that I support some of the comments above, I understand perfectly how Alewx explains that due to so many hands that the PG code has gone through, and that there is no ''guide of what you should do to modify a certain element'' programming is a disgusting process, but I also support that while that is the case, the devs dedicate themselves more to trying to ''balance'' in many quotes what is known to be ''wrong'', a or two new RDX per year if they do not focus on the problems that arise daily

If you want something to be well done, take your time, Valve does that by taking years to create a game and no one cries about it XD

Regarding the clouds, the heron, etc., in my humble opinion, it is not a problem, the clouds are just another item in the game which forces you to use a strategy, just like any other, keeping it simple, if you take an engineer to a cq (since you mention it specifically in that area) you cannot play in the front line because the ship and its items are not made for that, naturally you must go behind, it is playing with strategy (come on, this is more common sense than strategy) if there is blazing or hornfels you must play around those ships present, because no matter how ''broken'' the cloud is, if you go to a cq with full blanzing or hornfels it does not mean a guaranteed victory, there are more ships, many more, the same with the heron, playing 2-3-4 is not synonymous with victory, and if you play cq, which I know you play, you know perfectly well that what I say is true

And yes, buying a dominator in 2023 is XD unless you don't have an RDX of course

That made me remember something else, I've already said it 455812654 times, you can't expect ships that are always there like the dominator, parsec, terrifying, etc. to be equal or better than an event ship, because this happens in basically any game online, that something about an event will always be better, the exclusivity of the event itself tells you, and of course if you are a constant player who does not miss any event, or directly pays, of course you will always be in the meta
Well I agree with every thing you said apart from the cloud/heron part, but without a doubt I think everyone can agree with my original point that items are in need of a balance / rework like the taunt, aggrobomb etc. All the old ships have been power crept the only old ship that wasn't was the constructor, with the release of the Heron it is now less viable I would even say bad compared to the heron. I would like to see old ships like the original prototypes have a place in 2023 but they do not. The 25% instead of 20 was a good start, but they need more, a lot more to compete in 2023.

Jaax

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Jaax
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
It is also nice and appreciated to see the developers and gms give their side and opinions towards these topics I just wish their was more communication if its via a forum post or whatever about what we can expect in the next months/year. Like genjiro said they are working on QOL/Balance changes, but no one knows that apart from the devs/gms.

Jaax

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Jaax
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
I swear that if I could pay to move your pilot from server A to server B I would do it
Yes server merge is nice but this is not the topic of this conversation so lets end that here before u piss of the devs that said no many times :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: