What's new

Feedback on (Performance & Stability) update.

iuli24

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Jul14n
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension
Do you perhaps have dual graphics in your machine? If you also have integrated Intel graphics, Java-based applications such as ours will default to using the slower integrated graphics instead of the more powerful discreet graphics.

View attachment 53124
This is how you can find out if you have dual graphics; and if you do, this guide here will show you how to make our games use the more powerful graphics: https://support.splitscreenstudios....phics-as-the-preferred-graphics-for-our-games
Kinda true. But that only happens if the integrated gpu is enabled in the bios and the display is plugged into the motherboard instead of the dedicated graphics card.

In such case this is user error and not the fault of the game.

If its a laptop with a 1070 inside of it.. then the guide applies.

Wolkblade

Reaction score
After this last game stability and performance update, my PC is not running PG properly. I usually play every day and my FPS varies between 30 and 40, before the update. With the new update in effect, my FPS varies between 5 and 20. I can't play properly. In SIRIUS doing Giza, Soris and Amarna, the screen freezes every 2 seconds. Many colleagues on Discord are complaining about the drop in FPS, Asynchronous Connection and also that the game screen is simply closing. These last few days it has been very difficult to play. I hope they fix this soon, I want to get back to playing at the same pace as usual.

STAIN

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
WorkingAsIntended
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
If your PC/Laptop can handle pg only at 30-40 fps while "normally" playing i cant imagine how banana potato or tomato your device is. And probably no its not gonna get fixed unless they revert to ancient graphics engine or something. Also even if they did i can assure you looking at the success of recent fixes i must say you would be happy to get 1 screenshot per minute.

iuli24

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Jul14n
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension
After this last game stability and performance update, my PC is not running PG properly. I usually play every day and my FPS varies between 30 and 40, before the update. With the new update in effect, my FPS varies between 5 and 20. I can't play properly. In SIRIUS doing Giza, Soris and Amarna, the screen freezes every 2 seconds. Many colleagues on Discord are complaining about the drop in FPS, Asynchronous Connection and also that the game screen is simply closing. These last few days it has been very difficult to play. I hope they fix this soon, I want to get back to playing at the same pace as usual.
You do realize that the patch has been reverted right?

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
If your PC/Laptop can handle pg only at 30-40 fps while "normally" playing i cant imagine how banana potato or tomato your device is. And probably no its not gonna get fixed unless they revert to ancient graphics engine or something. Also even if they did i can assure you looking at the success of recent fixes i must say you would be happy to get 1 screenshot per minute.
Dude, there is no such thing like a banana gpu or potato cpu. Only germans use these words

You do realize that the patch has been reverted right?
Do you realize that he still has a problem?

iuli24

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Jul14n
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension
Do you realize that he still has a problem?
Yes. But it’s not anything new. And if you think you can fix it go ahead.

He is not the only one with issues. The game is “playable”.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Yes. But it’s not anything new. And if you think you can fix it go ahead.

He is not the only one with issues. The game is “playable”.
Nah, i dont play, need some distances from PG. Probably raven event will motivate me and others to play and pay again. What I know about DS and how many advantages the players get there and we don't in PG makes my motivation waver, unfortunately.

You can fix most off the problems yourself:
1000020511.png
Delete all the files in that folder, skip data that can't be deleted. This will fix any lag, fps drops in PG and some other benefits in your system.
1000020512.jpg
I did this every week, no problems at all.

The pictures are from the internet, I'm too lazy to go to my notebook right now.

iuli24

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Jul14n
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension
Nah, i dont play, need some distances from PG. Probably raven event will motivate me and others to play and pay again. What I know about DS and how many advantages the players get there and we don't in PG makes my motivation waver, unfortunately.

You can fix most off the problems yourself:
View attachment 53130
Delete all the files in that folder, skip data that can't be deleted. This will fix any lag, fps drops in PG and some other benefits in your system.
View attachment 53131
I did this every week, no problems at all.

The pictures are from the internet, I'm too lazy to go to my notebook right now.
That may help in 0.2% of cases. Those are temp files. Not important at all :)). Deleting them just frees up some disk space. That’s all.