What's new

Attractiveness of conquests (borrowed from the French forum)

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
Please stay on topic. Leave the server merging stuff for another thread.

A long time ago, before the CQ rework, when there were still two CQs per day, I suggested in a lost post to divide the schedule with a time of 12 hours between the two. That way some people could play in the morning, especially since some like me worked at night most of the week.
I think the critical thinking of the guy behind maths in the development team thought it was too much rewards if we had 2 CQs per day, so instead of halving the rewards, he instead re-scheduled every single cq, something i wanna point out is that every single ship that u build from Draco, Siri and Tau Ceti will only be usable once every 15 days with current schedule, in either OTB or CvC, Mizar and Sol is more or less the same since the 2 planets from each said system will be available on the same week next to eachother most likely so you will still have to wait 15 days to get those planets again

in conclusion, ''fun''

Buying the Strongest RDX's possible to use them twice every month.

That's one of the reasons the Schedule that was proposed by HGus should be done
and also having every single planet in one week if possible, that was the case back then, no one complained, no one said anything

Yet, they thought it was the best for us and they changed it with no prior poll or anything, same with alliances joining in CvC fights.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
By @Redthorne:

Given the non-existence of Clan vs Clan CQs, I looked into the reasons behind the situation.
The conclusion I've drawn is that there's nothing at stake in these CQs, and no disadvantage in not taking part.
Currently, there is no clan versus clan CQ, all clans have their 30 tickets rotting in the bottom of the clan.
These Mining Tickets are supposed to authorise mining operations on CQ planets. However, if only one clan registers, the registered clan is deprived of the mining for which it registered due to a lack of opposition. Why should a lack of opposition penalise the clan that makes the effort to sign up?

My suggestion is as follows:
- If no clan registers, the CQ becomes an OTB, as at present.
- If only one clan registers, and no other clan opposes it by registering opposite, the registered clan plays by itself.

What I mean by playing alone is two possibilities:
- Clan members will register as a normal CQ but unopposed, pilots will be able to collect 100% of the planet's cryonite and thus get rewards (proportional to the number of players, as at present). The mining period could be reduced to around 15 minutes, as 45 minutes is a long time to collect :sleep:.
- The clan gets the cryonite directly to the fund of the clan without having to go down to the surface. The amount of the reward could depend on the number of pilots connected, their average level or the number of tickets used, I'll leave the balancing to the experts :geek:.

A default victory should also grant a certain war score value to the clan, an amount to be determined of course.
I'd like to take this opportunity to reiterate my suggestion that the clans of pilots who have taken part in OTBs should no longer be awarded the War Score obtained in OTBs, as this encourages them not to register as a clan and to take part in non-competitive OTBs in order to remain in the ranking of effortless clans.

In my opinion, this suggestion would be a much greater incentive to sign up for the CQs, because not signing up means letting anyone who wants to get free cryo in your place, and would once again establish a semblance of competitiveness, a concept that has sadly died out on Trantor.

I can see the "If we do that, there'll never be another OTB because there'll always be a clan registered to scratch" comment coming, but at the moment there's about 1 CQ a week that's automatically declared an OTB without the possibility of registering, so those who don't have a clan or are simply OTB enthusiasts don't have to worry about it ;).

And as a final aside, alliances should be able to support their members in CQ, as they used to, and the limitations on clan changes (3 days for a change, 14 days for cryo) have no place on Trantor at least, and should be removed as they are on Korell.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
BTW, can you clarify that last sentence about Korell?

Genjiro

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Genjiro
BTW, can you clarify that last sentence about Korell?
He is referring to the changes made in Korell where 3 day cooldown was removed when switching between clans, Refer this post .
But this change has been removed with the introduction of Open Team Battles. ( see here )

Redthorne

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Redthorne
Rank
Clan
Shamrock
But this change has been removed with the introduction of Open Team Battles.
I was not aware that it had been reverted, thanks for clarifying.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
He is referring to the changes made in Korell where 3 day cooldown was removed when switching between clans, Refer this post .
But this change has been removed with the introduction of Open Team Battles. ( see here )
If i remember it correctly it was a test to see how it would change to flow of CvC Battles and was kinda mixed if memory serves correctly due of only 1 or 2 clans always fighting.

Given the non-existence of Clan vs Clan CQs, I looked into the reasons behind the situation.
The conclusion I've drawn is that there's nothing at stake in these CQs, and no disadvantage in not taking part.
Wasn´t changed so that if a clan who registred not shows up will have an registration penalty or something? At least i have some vague memory of such a thing what still means nothing.

However CQs from early times were different in terms of the reward they provided in form of a cryo boost for the system of the planet and the previous/next system of the line. I don´t remember exactly how big this boost was but it was basically a free cryo boost for the duration the Clan did own/hold the planet. Then this reward was removed and i think CQs were then for quite some time "only a thing" without any reward until Gravs were introduced and then given as reward.

The until CQ revamp 3 or 4 it was the way of CQs before cryos were given as reward in the clan vault and since the OTB implementation direct reward for your Cryo bank.

Aside from this i think another reason for the lack of CvC battles is simply said the lack of pilots in the clans what hardly makes it possible to get CvC with more then 5-10 players (speaking for Askone) and so here the clans rather prevent the registration in order to have a higher player number for the OTB rounds instead.

Over the course of years for CQ a lot of suggestions were made already to make them more attractive for clans again ranging from "return of the cryo booster" to "make the CQ planet so that during non CQ rounds mantis harvs are on the surface so that the clan has a personal farming ground". I think as long as CvC not gives any special benefit OTB will be the superior choice at Askone.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Currently, there is no clan versus clan CQ, all clans have their 30 tickets rotting in the bottom of the clan.
I should have written "fund" instead of "bottom". Sorry, both words are translated with same word in my native language. I did it right a few lines below.
I don´t remember exactly how big this boost was but it was basically a free cryo boost for the duration the Clan did own/hold the planet
It was 5% for each planet owned.
Then this reward was removed and i think CQs were then for quite some time "only a thing" without any reward until Gravs were introduced and then given as reward.
Gravs were introduced a few weeks before the first CQ rework.

Redthorne

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Redthorne
Rank
Clan
Shamrock
Wasn´t changed so that if a clan who registred not shows up will have an registration penalty or something? At least i have some vague memory of such a thing what still means nothing.
Of course clans that register and then fail to enlist 5 pilots are penalized, however that was not my point. What I was saying is that clans don't even register in the first place.

What I'm trying to say is, clans don't even register because they are not missing out on anything by not registering.
There should be a real incentive to participate and in the event that there is only 1 clan registered, it should be granted default victory and rewards instead of being denied them simply because there was no opposition.

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
What's the use of conquests since my kalgan server has no takers for a conquest by writing on the globe for someone to join and the conquest doesn't happen because one or 2 players are missing the old conquest bull was better you took a planet and gravitons for free without fighting and now there is neither that nor a conquest haha