The Development Team #02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score

The Development Team

Fellow Space Pirates,

When we released Tau Ceti in 2013, we soon realized that it failed to meet both our own expectations and—much worse—those of the community as well. We concluded that with a team as small as ours we should no longer be working on three games simultaneously, as this would negatively impact the quality of our updates and prevent team members from really getting into the mechanics of a particular game—in other words, it would stifle development. Therefore, we decided to focus on one game at a time to provide higher-quality and more substantial updates in the future.

At that time we decided that our youngest game Dino Storm needed urgent attention, since it lacked content and had other major issues that needed to be resolved. We also found that several technical issues were affecting all of our games, so we had to take care of those as well.
Sadly all of this caused delays before we could tackle a complex Pirate Galaxy feature update like Tau Ceti again. With events like RavenDynamics and smaller community requested updates and bug fixes we were able to fill that gap a bit. But now we want to make better use of the development pauses in each game’s schedule by constantly gathering your feedback on our ideas for new features before we fully design them, so that they are closer to what the community expects from our game.

Right now, the team is about to finish the development stage of a pretty substantial Dino Storm update, and it will focus on Tau Ceti related updates for Pirate Galaxy shortly after.
Let us give you a brief outline on what is planned with regards to Tau Ceti related updates and in what order we are planning to release them.

1. Ship Armor Adjustments
2. PvP Overhaul
3. Sirius System Adjustments
4. Tau Ceti System
5. Player Controlled Invasions

The next Dev Shack articles will shed light on our ideas for these updates one by one. We are very excited about what your constructively critical minds will make of it!

We hope we could give you a little insight into how our development process has changed following the original release of Tau Ceti, and why we are looking forward towards its reboot despite the delays.

Check back with the Shack for more on Tau Ceti soon!

German Translation (by Community)

_PLaYeR_

Reaction score
When you interested in your own game, please let me know. As a player I'm going to invest my money on another game.
I think a lack of respect for your customers pirate galaxy.
THIS is a deception !!!!

serebus

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Serebus
Rank
it will focus on Tau Ceti related updates for Pirate Galaxy shortly after.

This is what i was afraid off.

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
Awesome. Im excited to read the individual description of each step u want to develope on. :mrorange:

Kevino Tummelwiese

Reaction score
Wann kann man mit dem Ersten Ubdate Rechnen? Gedult habe ich wirklich keine mehr.. xD

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
And that is all ? We done dino update then get up job to PG ? No date when ?
And you again like year ago want for us more patience and up money to game still work ?
How many ppl working on SS to cant working on PG and on ds ?

If you will working like now,we get some "new stuff" on PG maybe in 5month....

LivlyGhost

Reaction score
So Devs telling us they overstretched and pulled a Sirius mussle about 3 years ago ^^
Now Devs tell us they overstreched again and pulled a TauCeti mussle 2 years ago...
Seems to me we got a gab of 2 years of recuperation...

Dino storm is not my cup of tea, I cant look in SSG wallet to see how good Devs are doing in that game.
The weird thing is you invested 3 years time in Dinostorm and not in PG while I guess PG is the money maker, if not Dinostorm would not need 3 years fixing and PG would be dead by now...

@ DEVS:
Please, please, please dont listen to your current GMs for game improvements, they do nothing more then check chat for wrong words and lack any feel for the game or the community ! They will not find a solution !

Respect and adoration is urnet, I hope I have yours as a long time dedicated player and paying costumer...
So post a schedule, one you can actualy get done...

With respect to all including Devs.

ps.: Its a rant if you just are negeative to sometihng with no solution. You lack manpower: I got a solution for you, embed the skilled programers in PG community to make layouts or even small modules for you to incorperate after you checked them to fix and renew the game...

-Decimator-

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Decimator-
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hey,

Thanks for your information Highway, looking forward for it.

Secondly after you wrote:
We concluded that with a team as small as ours we should no longer be working on three games simultaneously, as this would negatively impact the quality of our updates and prevent team members from really getting into the mechanics of a particular game—in other words, it would stifle development. Therefore, we decided to focus on one game at a time to provide higher-quality and more substantial updates in the future.
I wondered if it maybe was smarter to just stay on a single game (PG) instead of working on three. Because as you wrote that SSG is a small team at the moment you can better have 1 good game with fast updates and changes then 3 that lacks updates and fixes. I think that will give better profit to SSG (happy community)

At last about 'PVP Overhaul' I like to see weapons being buffed during pvps so fights take longer and more fun as well. Also as some players already wrote, you should look in using boosters during pvp, when PM is on and they shoot a player the boosters should stop temporarily (stops counter when booster ends) and it turns back on after a minute when the 'booster-user' isn't shooting a player.
Fights must be won with weapons and skills, not boosters (this is already during CQ and Collosus)

Cheers,
-Decimator-

Vigilante

Reaction score
This is the most honest answer you could give us, i'm surprised and impressed at the same time. Looking forward for the updates. This answer makes me wanna stick around some longer....

katana33

Reaction score
Alright Highway , as i said before i am looking forward on your team , all the best and -Decimator- , totally agreed.
everyone have their own problem and my problem is unfair pvp atm . just make it non pay to win please.
good luck :)

akwilsona

Reaction score
I've been saying this for some time. SSG only cared about Dino Storm because it is their self-admitted "baby". Somthing they had dreamed up and had a passion for.

However.

That does not excuse neglect of a game. It has been over 6 months since an honest-to-god update has happened on a game that MANY feel a lot of passion for. Your FB was ecstatic to have over 100k likes they gave us like, what, 300 gold or some crap? 100k followers means that if you had quality updates and a fan base that GREW you could be multi-millionaires yet you decide to sink your time into a game that not many people feel the same passion about as you.
I think your timing is way off, and if you knew how to run a gaming company, you would know that you can make your millions and hire someone else make Dino Storm for you and can sit in a chair and make sure they do it they way you want it done.

Yes, I'm a little distressed, and I'm not sorry for my tone of writing. I've sunk a couple month's rent into this game and I've yet to see anything worthwhile come from it, yet I am a fool and sit here and wait like the rest of us.

ag_naika58

Reaction score
While you'll are developing DS, PG (tau ceti) is being neglected, you'll can finish tau ceti and then go back to DS because I've played abit of DS and it doesn't exactly need alot of updates real soon, hope you'll finish what you'll say you'll will do and not in another 1 or 2 years

Thank You :D
Naika58
:)

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
Im not dissapointed at all. I have been smart. I have still not unlocked mantis hive and i started my account in the early 2009. I have been playing this game for my own fun, my own speed. This is the first game i actually have been using real currency on. And im proud of it ffs! Because i know the money goes to the people behind this awesome game. This was the first game ive got to experience free roaming u could grind for in game money without being dependent on mission all the time. Only THAT was mindblowing in my case. Haha. :mrorange:

alepinimba

Reaction score
If the team is small why not hire more people?
What are they doing with the large amount of money we spend on your games?
When we bought every month in the PG to know that the game is dead until the willingness to leave the DS and come to the PG.
Do not supports to hold three games, why no selling them to a company that can to give attention to all games that make?
Knowing now that yours do not give a damn for anyone who is in the PG, not because I have to continue to spend so much money on a game where the not have active Devs. :x :cry:

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
so once again nothing definite for TC. More and more waiting
by the way if you're armor overhaul means ur weakening the Sirius Armor i will be extremely mad. What you need to do is strengthen the Sirius Armor and either stregthen the Draconis Armor or add an Advanced Draconis Armor

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
CaptSmiley said:
so once again nothing definite for TC. More and more waiting
by the way if you're armor overhaul means ur weakening the Sirius Armor i will be extremely mad. What you need to do is strengthen the Sirius Armor and either stregthen the Draconis Armor or add an Advanced Draconis Armor
they will change amors for parsecs. in draconis, the metha ships with 3 armors are stronger than draconis parsecs.

Etoile_de_Cristal

Reaction score
Ok, that's good.
But I think it will be better if you just give us a precise date for each part of the "Tau Ceti uptade".
" soon " does not mean anything, and I really think you'll content much the community by giving this dates, even if they are far.

Explendivle

Reaction score
Hey Developers team :)

I think its very nice to see a actual newsfeed about Pirate galaxy , i have enjoyed this game for 6.5 years now, active and the games structure and graphics is very appealing. As it goes conserning the games evolution, i do wonder about a few smaller things.
It has such potential also conserning the unfinished planets, and as Jupiter is such a planet in Sol system i have a suggestion :

If Jupiter could become a large map, with commander units and similar in a foggy surface surrounding, Sol players ( r45 who needs to level and grind cryonite ) could land there , but as a teamworking squad, in order to gain level and cry, because in Sol system, there has been a "culture" of players from draconis, grinding for meta ships to occupie spots and similar. Leaving the r45s futile next to their grinding and often, very often leaves or logs off, due to disputs conserning grinding.

If Jupiter was set in such a way that only sol ship class could land, the disputs in Sol system could be history, and online comfort for the players working their way thru Sol system could be set as a comfortable online time, instead of what has become "the history of Sol chats" in the game :)

Only a idea, ofc, yet you guys hold the power to end a sour culture in sol system, that has lasted since Draconis opened :)

Nevertheless, incredible thankful for update news and stay strong ( the complaints is just a affect of the long wait) hehe :)

Ps : If ideas and similar is welcome on your drafting board, please let us know :)

Best interest
Explendivle

OnkelPaul

Reaction score
Hi Developers Team,

Nachdem ich die deutsche Übersetzung gelesen habe, möchte ich nur eines anmerken:

Generalüberholung des PvP Systems.

Ich fände es toll, wenn man den PvP Modus nur mit systembezogenen Schiffen benutzen darf. Meiner Meinung nach hätte man dann auch ein echtes PvP und nicht nur ein abschlachten der schwächeren Schiffe.

Ich hoffe, dass ihr das vielleicht ein wenig mit bedenkt.

Gruß
BlackEdition69

Status
Not open for further replies.