Sirius Adjustments #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score

Sirius Adjustments

Fellow Space Pirates,

Pheew—getting the last “PVP Overhaul” update ready proved to be a real challenge! In pursuit of a proper balancing we needed to make complex adjustments that even affected PVE gameplay in the end. Because of the increase in complexity we decided to leave the Pirate Mode rework out of this update and instead do it in a separate update scheduled to follow the release of Tau Ceti. This leads us to the following update order:

1. Sirius System Adjustments
2. Tau Ceti System
3. Pirate Mode Rework
4. Player Controlled Invasions

“Sirius System Adjustments” is next on the list because it will be essential for players to gather the Ancient blueprints from Sirius to be able to progress in Tau Ceti. This update will not be as complex as “PVP Overhaul” since most of the Ancient item balance adjustments—which were originally planned for the Sirius update—have already been made. There will be further adjustments to these items with the upcoming update, but mainly in terms of energy use and Cryonite prices. To give you a better picture of the update, these are the design goals we want to achieve with it:

Design Goals

• Let the Sirius system mechanics allow players to speed up their progress so that they can complete their blueprints faster.
  • Make it easier for smaller groups of players to acquire blueprints in Sirius; improve scalability so that larger groups benefit more from their numbers.

We will post updates in this topic outlining the specific plans for each change in this update so we can get your feedback before we implement it. Speaking of which—let us know what you think about the proposed design goals for the Sirius adjustments update; and if you already have suggestions for how we can achieve these goals, please do post them as well!

P.S.: To sweeten your wait for TC, here’s a couple of screenshots of another Tau Ceti ship ^^

TC_Ship02.jpg
TC_Ship01.jpg

#Devshack Update 1:
The Drop System: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=522&t=40254&p=189020#p189020
#Devshack Update 2:
Sirius Gameplay: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=522&t=40254&start=150#p189704

French translation : http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=431&t=40268
German translation : http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=243&t=40263

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
With adjustments in prices, will these be increased or reduced?

PS: The ship looks amazing!

Vigilante

Reaction score
Sounds good, I can't wait for the first design goal. At the moment it literally takes years to finish the last 20 sirius bp's. Ask me how I know :LOL:

-Decimator-

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Decimator-
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
The ship look really amazing! :eek:

About the goals I got a question, how the mechanic gonna change to make BP faster?

Was wondering there also could be made some changes to the BP system together. Because currently each higher star system you need more and more BP parts to complete a Blueprint but why is that? Since the systems already get harder but also need more parts to find. I would prefer same amount of BP parts needed on each system to make that fit, and in Sirius you need more BP parts like now, to give Sirius something extra.

I know there already was a change years ago with the BP system but honestly the old system was alot better. I know it was tougher to find a BP, but atleast when I found one I was happy, specially with Rares. But now... if found one I need many parts more, already 10+ in Draconis, I don't wanna know how many in TC haha.

So why not reduce parts needed in Vega to Draconis by atleast 50%, or keep max parts needed at 5 or so, and Rares at 1 (they Rare afterall, so hard to find is a must)

Malevos

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Malevos
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighters
Eagerly awaiting more news on this with eager anticipation and excitement for some awesome changes.

P.s. That new TC ship is really quite something :D.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Tau Ceti Ship
Phew, I knew this dev shack would come this easter! The Tau Ceti ship on this screenshot, I don't know what to say, what are these things? The first TC ship looks like it has rockets which are very similar to the 2 components on the second Tau Ceti ship. WHAT IS GOING ON! I am not angry or annoyed the "Whats going on" is a burst of excitement.
As far as I am concerned these TC ships look very complex. I remember when you said "but more on that on the other dev shacks" on one of these TC ships, are any if their components new to what we haven't seen before. These two components don't look like blaster to me. This is different. I think this ship might be the storm class as far as I am aware that it has a rocket like component on the front of it.

Help with your planned changes
.The spots we are in (usually known as e-fields) are very small and we easily get squashed or even end up getting killed.
.It's just a bit confusing because an ancient odion has Methonoid tech (The sniper blaster!) it would be better if was equipping something that makes more sense like an ancient sniper blaster (a good example would be a draconis ancient sniper)
.What the community suggests to make bp collecting faster, wouldn't it be better if the Giza has a Larger chance dropping the important ancient tech beginners need like the ancient ships. When I started sirius I very very very rarely found ancient ship drops. The ship drop rate seems preeety low to me especially the myst.

P.S. That second TC ship looks like a pumped up savage Peonari Ready to destroy anything in it's path LOVE IT CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE!

Regards

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
Well . . .

Ships TC look bad for me.
You made nice RDX family but this is little strange ... maybe change on final verssion.

For faster get sir bps ? Simple :) Gives on r5. 3 systems,3sirius bps on every planet.
That mean all new r5 will have all time 3 sir ancient bps from giza,strongs or bosses.
But still need up drop rate rares bps from strong and boss like attack droid or prot etc.
Now sometime need wait year for one sir ancient bp or longer if no lucky to jump.Up more r4 planets to stop lost jumpships.Reduced cooldown jump on r4 to 12hours.

For smal group ? Dont think that they need easley. Make 100% drop rate intels from everything and will be good :)

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Wouldn't it be better to reduce the costs of the ancient items. 100k for each one is stressing.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
-Decimator- said:
The ship look really amazing! :eek:

About the goals I got a question, how the mechanic gonna change to make BP faster?

Was wondering there also could be made some changes to the BP system together. Because currently each higher star system you need more and more BP parts to complete a Blueprint but why is that? Since the systems already get harder but also need more parts to find. I would prefer same amount of BP parts needed on each system to make that fit, and in Sirius you need more BP parts like now, to give Sirius something extra.

I know there already was a change years ago with the BP system but honestly the old system was alot better. I know it was tougher to find a BP, but atleast when I found one I was happy, specially with Rares. But now... if found one I need many parts more, already 10+ in Draconis, I don't wanna know how many in TC haha.

So why not reduce parts needed in Vega to Draconis by atleast 50%, or keep max parts needed at 5 or so, and Rares at 1 (they Rare afterall, so hard to find is a must)
I did not play as that BPS system was, however I was told a lot about it, I think great, the new mechanics to get BPS on Sirius for me is still a mystery

Although on the prices I think it would be quite good to readjust both the prices of Draconis and Sirius, we have for example the Sol system, that a ship costs approximately 20k, then there is the Draconis of 108k (?), And for worse the Sirius, 276k Their price, the components already mentioned above also that they should equally be reduced

crazywhiteboii

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
--UnkNOWn--
Rank
Clan
Silhouette Assassins
Looking forward to this update hoping it will be a good one :cool: :D ;)

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
I can't help but say neon technology is connected to zero point. Looking at the wings makes the ship look like an upgrade in technology for zero point. Will the story line of Tau Ceti be interesting?

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Well, the neon technology is not that it looks so much like the zero point, a little yes, but something has to be different, I hope the shots have a unique effect :)

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
GOTIL0N said:
Well, the neon technology is not that it looks so much like the zero point, a little yes, but something has to be different, I hope the shots have a unique effect :)
Correctomundo! It is symmetrical unlinke zero point and it is less smooth. More blocky and bulkier and buffier. Their equipment are yellow glowing like Methonoid. Their skin are less smooth. But grey like Methonoids. Does this have something to do with the ancients?

POSITRON3

Reaction score
Change the order and let difficult part for last seem to me like a GREAT and wise decision. Good you decide that, Nice to give us a new Tau ship foto. :) I hope others ships looks better than then one in the foto, the RDX design was great design but this tau ship don't look so good to me. At least if it fly well and hit hard I will ride it no matter what ugly is it :). I hope the strength difference between tau ships and Sirius ships have the same proportion of the difference between sol ship and draco ship or draco ship and Sirius ship. No sure but I hope Tau Ceti Is near this time. :)

C_D

Reaction score
A step in the right direction. Can't wait for the list of planned changes. ^^

tonyikego

Reaction score
Please do not degrade the capabilities of our ships and tech any further. I am still quite unhappy with the degradations you have already put in place. They make the game more tedious and less fun for me.

Betabot

Reaction score
POSITRON3 said:
Change the order and let difficult part for last seem to me like a GREAT and wise decision. Good you decide that, Nice to give us a new Tau ship foto. :) I hope others ships looks better than then one in the foto, the RDX design was great design but this tau ship don't look so good to me. At least if it fly well and hit hard I will ride it no matter what ugly is it :). I hope the strength difference between tau ships and Sirius ships have the same proportion of the difference between sol ship and draco ship or draco ship and Sirius ship. No sure but I hope Tau Ceti Is near this time. :)
Well RDX ships are meant to be the best ships in the game, with the parsecs. So obviously those ships are going to have some of the better designs, in my opinion anyway.

-----

Other then that, I agree the price scaling should be looked at, and possibly changed. Though this would be from drac onward. not just Sirius.

If you look at the prices for a fully equipped rare ship the prices go as below.
Gemmi: 33928
Mizar: 75233
Sol: 163011
Sol: 184129
Drac: 984728
Sirius: 1583501

-----

Also about the blueprints, I think the main two problems are the chances of coming across the bps you need, which could be addressed by adding another 1 or 2 possible BPs to each planet for all rings.

Also the chances of finding a Ancient Ship BP from a Giza is the other issue. The current situation is basically forcing a player to build a parsec/rdx ship, for a good Sirius experience.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Betabot said:
In these simple figures we can see that the price increase of a ship between systems of around 40-50%, but Draconis and Sirius .... are simply abrupt quantities :eek:

Betabot

Reaction score
GOTIL0N said:
Betabot said:
In these simple figures we can see that the price increase of a ship between systems of around 40-50%, but Draconis and Sirius .... are simply abrupt quantities :eek:
Opps I actually got Drac a bit wrong, quickly grabbed from wiki, but it's actually showing the wrong price.

Drac: ~849984 (If I calculated right)

Still close enough. I would have expected a Fully Rare Drac to be around ~500-600k cryo, and a Sirius ship to be 1m-1.2m at the max.

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
What abaut old players who buy with normal prices ships,armors and items ?
For new or who created new ship is good idea,but less cryo for complete ship = less when you want sell him for some reason.So that mean all old player wast of cryo and get hard nerf cost selling and that cant happens.

Gives less cryo for build new tc aship and all.Or recompensation for old players . . .
When someone have 8ship on sir 3.6mln cryo +new armor if have every ship,selling is abaut 2mln.
Now when they changes,we get 1mln for sell ship? You realy want this ?

Too old is game to get so big nerf. Will be better up big cryo on new tc to get faster tc ships and items and motivattion on sir to faster build parsec.

Status
Not open for further replies.