What's new

Well done split screen on another stupid event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggyboffer

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
EggyBoffer
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension
Well done developers. You have succeeded in making another event thats rediculously hard, Cannot be done solo, Requires squads of more than 5 (max squad size btw) and excludes new players.

So we will go through the points. No new player can benefit from this event, they also cannot take part in the event. As a level 88 player i STILL STRUGGLE to run this event in teams of 5, and the only real way is to run with 3 or 4 squads full and then the blueprint drop chance makes it apsolutly pointless. You want to bring new players into the game? Give them something to do other than aspire to be a higher level player and then be able to join in with the events, Give them event rewards that they will be able to use.

Rediculously hard event. The stuns are OP as heck. You get stunned by one mantis, your almost guaranteed to pod. Get stunned twice and your going to pod, no questions asked. The Repair fields of the mantis are ridiculously OP aswell, You need at least 4 of you to break the reps of more than 3 of the mantis, and the little ones all fly around in groups, its hard to get one or 2 alone. The Aim scrams. Not only do the little ones have the repair fields that are unbreakable after you get more than 3 of them, they have aim scrams aswell, which even with a siri aim PC, You still cant hit them and 9 / 10 of your shots will miss, so even less chance of breaking them and they will just rep up.

Requires large numbers of players to run efficiently. I'm all for this being a social player myself, however when your max squad size is 5 players, you are then having to get others out of squad, meaning the chance of you getting a blueprint drop is considerably decreased to the point i was running for 2 hours the other night and got 5 bps, thats all.

Another event where you literally just have to shoot and shoot, Boring.. Another grind in grind galaxy! Well done splitscreen, Youve done really well with this event, and way to say hey new players, come play this fun game, youll be excluded from everything until your in sirius but hey! Oh well!

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello Pilot,

this event can be done even in solo, im sure someone in your server can show you how to do it.
Aside from that, every pilot can do this event no matter if they are in Tau Ceti or in Vega. So also new players can benefit from it.

Some events are not just shooting :D , you have to understand the mechanics and how you can take advantage of the enemies.

To avoid getting stunned by multiple enemies at the same time, you just have to retreat backwards when the Gamma's with stuns spawn, after this, you can take them one by one and you will not be in danger of this skill.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
In two days is sucessfully. :p

eggyboffer

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
EggyBoffer
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension
I will guarantee you this event can not be done solo to the point everyone just piles on one planet because it cant. Your telling me a new player in a Vega ship is able to do this event? You having a laugh? You cant break their reps... you cant physically kill them... separating them takes 3 / 4 turns of pudding BEFORE you can get one or 2 alone. Even with siri strong blasters I cant break 2 of their rep fields alone with their aim scrams, how much testing on these events do you do because it cant be much that's for certain, I would love to see any of you take a vega none rare or even rare ship and go give the event a try, you'll understand very quickly.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
eggyboffer said:
I will guarantee you this event can not be done solo to the point everyone just piles on one planet because it cant. Your telling me a new player in a Vega ship is able to do this event? You having a laugh? You cant break their reps... you cant physically kill them... separating them takes 3 / 4 turns of pudding BEFORE you can get one or 2 alone. Even with siri strong blasters I cant break 2 of their rep fields alone with their aim scrams, how much testing on these events do you do because it cant be much that's for certain, I would love to see any of you take a vega none rare or even rare ship and go give the event a try, you'll understand very quickly.
Well the funny thing is that i expected that this event would be like all the other Halloween events where we simply had to find the pumpkin drone that is flying around on the planet and so i went to Kalabesh for some "obvious reasons" lol.

I was a bit surprised then to see a drone right in lz killed it and it droped nothing... just to see then an gigantig one landing. Ok i thought myself then you have to beat that one now and so i started shooting... to bad that the rd of this thing can pretty much outheal the dmg you deal solo but after the rd went off the dmg went pretty smoothly until the 1st wave landed and i rushed away cus 4 vs 1 situation.

Another "Ok then you have to pick them now 1 by 1" i thought myself in pure naive fashion and started to shot the 1st and was a bit surprised how easy the battle was... until the next wave droped and i rushed again... :sneaky:

Fine then even another round and in the 1 vs 1 i got reminded how anoying a stun charge can be but after it went off there wasn´t really much the thing could do and then the final wave landed... :sneaky:

Ok then even another round and hopefully the last what it was in the end but it was anoying as hell.

Belive me or not but i did this all solo with the Vega Rare stunner and not a single pod but the whole battle just to kill ONE SINGLE drone from start to the last wave took at least 5 mins or something around that and all that effort didn´t even pay off cus it then the drones from 1 final round only droped cryo and not a single bp... :frown:

After that i went to Sol cus for some reason a lot of Pilots where doing the event there and i did stay there for around an hour as solo pilot and got a few bps (around 3 siri lc of each variant, 1 mizar bp and 1 emp bp). Considering that the Mission is like the 10th ani event a global mission In a large group the fight is a bit more managable but the fun has gone missing somewhere cus at the end it starts to turn into a fight for the "1-hit-to-have-a-chance-see-the-drop" :| version where either shooting everything at least 1 time or have an engi that provides rt/rf and stays a bit in the background for supporting.

Long story short after that 1 hour and 30 mins of the event i went back to siri and farm the crap out of it for cryo cus i have more from the global booster then from the "main Event" itself cus in compare to other pilots i can "skip" the emp or wait until Christmas for another chance to get it there cus i have the Chrom as an alternative for it at my disposal that i currently build and thx to the global booster + my 25% booster gaining cryos is no big deal atm.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
eggyboffer said:
Pilot, if you are doing the event in Tau Ceti with a Sirius Ship is normal that it will be hard, since this enemies are prepared for TC tech, you should go to another place where you have a ship with max level for it.

About the testing, we used rare and normal ships aswell ;)

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Not sure if we are playing the same event, but i can ensure you that the event is perfectly soloable without ancient items nor boosters, and depending on which planet you pick it can even become really easy.
Just take units 1 by 1, always keep moving so that landing waves do not aggro you and don't yolo into stuns. All those "tips" are basics you most probably already know from sirius/TC/missions/hunting BPs solo or whatever. Just do not let the brain aside like you were farming cryo on harvesters and you'll be fine.
As for the droprate, I only did mars for now, and there i was able to farm all 3 sirius LCs in roughly 1 hour, with 2 friends at the beginning, then alone. And i've seen some green pumpkins drop multiple golds for a single kill when i was alone, on top of their 100% cryo droprate.
I might have bad memory but i think the logic where you kill a trigger unit that then spawns matrioshka pumpkins was in the game for halloween 2013-2014, so there's really no new unbeatable mechanic in this event from what i've seen.

eggyboffer

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
EggyBoffer
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension
Firstly Fission, Congratulations! Your reading skills are absolutly on point. I never once said i was running it in TC, Nor did i even suggest that i was, i actually said i ran it in vega if you read carefully, goes to show why nothing gets changed about this game when the devs just skim read posts on forums.

Secondly, Fra, Please show me what planet your managing to get them to split completly up on? everytime i "pull back and let them split up" ill shoot one and 6 or 7 of them will run at me, ill get stunned twice and boom dead because oh crap i cant rep because the stuns are like a stun from a system above you.

Thirdly, Completly agree with you vesp, its soloable but it takes an hour just to get one bp that you want, its not worth it and best to be done in groups, and again your sharing the bps so its still not worth it until yoiu get big ammounts and just able to farm the event.

DantePlays

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Dante Knelly
Rank
Clan
No clan
I've completed the event solo/duos/trio and more. Not a hard event compared to RDX (which was terrible although I completed it regardless)

@eggyboffer: You need to know the mechanism of each mantis before running into one. These have a long leash and require you to analyze which ones closest to drag (can be tough with a ship that isn't a sniper -- but it's a ship anyone can grind in Sol, can't complain if you do not have one) otherwise it could get messy

To the devs: I do agree with eggyboffer/Vesperion on the drop rates when you can grind it solo. I think it should be higher if you're doing it completely solo, not just in this case but also in the R5s. Motivate the players to keep going on. If nothing drops after a while. It's completely useless, and they lose motivation. Think about it

Last but not least, the event isn't impossible solo

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
eggyboffer said:
Firstly Fission, Congratulations! Your reading skills are absolutly on point. I never once said i was running it in TC, Nor did i even suggest that i was, i actually said i ran it in vega if you read carefully, goes to show why nothing gets changed about this game when the devs just skim read posts on forums.
I said that because the only system where you can use the Sirius tech to do the event is in Tau Ceti, and you were quoting experiencies with sirius techs, which gave me the conclusion that you are doing the event in that system, since there is no other option.

I will show you what you said:
eggyboffer said:
they have aim scrams aswell, which even with a siri aim PC, You still cant hit them and 9 / 10 of your shots will miss
eggyboffer said:
Even with siri strong blasters I cant break 2 of their rep fields alone with their aim scrams
Also, if you are agree with Vesperion when he says that the event is soloable, then you should change your first message, where you said that it was impossible as solo, an even as a full squad, that you need around 3-4 full squads to do something

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
In theory you don´t need any sq at all and every pilot could do the event solo for most cryo efficency but then again the time/cryo rate is way to low in compare to time/cryo in Siri (haven´t tested it in TC though with my para).

For me the event is most usefull for the farming part and not the BP hunting part cus again the Para is for me useless below TC tech (for RDX i have the Sol Sniper that is mostly enough if going for 4/5 wave rush rather then going for cortex + depending on the tech the new ship/s might have). EMP i can hope to obtain during christmas Stash hunt that hopefully not changes as well and stays with the locator drone part.

No one in the end is forced to play the "Main Event" but most do it cus it gives the EMP that is one of the most wanted ships of the Parsec Series and i think that only cus of that fact so many pilots do the event cus i think only a few really go for the Mizar, LC and drone BPs in compare to the Emp BPs.

For me the whole event will take place mainly in Siri for farming cryos as always lol

eggyboffer

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
EggyBoffer
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension
Siri rapid blasters for vega - sol I mean, the ancient tech. You can use them in the event.

Secondly, it's not impossible to kill stuff solo it's not viable to kill solo, or even with a squad, it takes to long and you pod to much that you'll spend most of your time travelling back to hangar or filling up energy to remat.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
You are a noob, learn something

eggyboffer

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
EggyBoffer
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension
Lol at the fact your using the latest top ships with a full squad.. I said it was difficult to do without any rates and you went ahead and proved it.. thanks mate

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
its not the ships, its the skill hahahaha, we just pull out the units and kill them in the way we need, you can do the same with any ship

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
As this turned upside down I will lock this thread. Keep civilized!

Status
Not open for further replies.