Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
Kurogake
Rank
Clan
- V E R I T A S -
All pilots want to ask for a Taunt Rework in the game, since currently is not usually used in high systems for its lack of usefulness, since in issues of PVP does not have much use but to prevent the pilot to climb into orbit, and PVE take the aggro of the target, but when another pilot who has more DPS that the ship that used the Taunt, takes the aggro without problems.
The rex94 pilot gave the idea that the Taunt in PVP when used against a pilot has disabled the ability to select another target (it would make more sense to have the aggro of the target to which you used the Taunt).
My idea is that the Taunt will reduce a % of the armor of the target that has the Taunt active (it could be added in PVP or PVE).
Please keep these ideas in mind, as it could make the Taunt more useful!
Best Regards

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Considering that this issue exists since SSG implemented the effort system (what was mainly for the Engies and the XP gain) it screwed a bunch of things up.

The "only use" of a taunt now is to maybe drag an unit out of a group what the SB can do as well along with damaging the unit already a bit for a small "advantage" at the start of the fight...

It would already help if the taunt would do what it should do and keep the aggro at the player that started it. But i think since Sirius and the Hybrids came into play that SSG moved away from the classic "Class system" and so the taunt has become obsolete and ships that have the taunt waste a slot for another maybe more usefull item instead.

I would maybe go a different route for the taunt and make it an AoE ability that draws all attention to the Taunt user while in return reduces the incoming damage by 75% or maybe even 90% so that in larger groups the user not insta pods with all the attacks focusing on him.

If it should be turned into an AoE it should be made so that the user creates a circle around his ship and every unit that is in range will automatically target the user and can not change the target as long as the taunt is active (even if they leave the circle) and only ends when either the user has been poded or the duration ended normaly and is in CD again.

Only tricky part here could be PvP if several taunts are active how it should be handled but i would suggest that always the 1st Taunt counts and if during the duration another is used it will be "ignored" if either the 1st taunt is over and then the system forces to the next used taunt so that in theory 2 pilots could always force the other group to only attack 1 pilot and always switch between the target so that no Taunt user may pod or it would require that the taunt is handled differently with active PM and during CQ.