Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
omarelfarok
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighters
First: I would Like to Say the Damage Dealing Items Are Fine at current state but wouldn't Mind a Little Buff, BUT We Need to Talk about the Elephant in the Room,
The Defensive /Add-Ons items Need a Buff Compared to Level 99 Armor on Ships, The Items in Question Are :

1- Tau Ceti Speed Actuator ( Need a Power Buff to Decrease Cool Down even more)
2- Tau Ceti Shield (Need an Hp/armor Buff )
3- Tau Ceti Repair Droid (Need a Better HP/sec Value , Most ships Doesn't heal fully with it )
4- Tau Ceti Afterburner (Need a Better Velocity Value, Most Ships Can't Escape / fly Over Units without getting The Attention Of Mantis on the way)
5- Tau Ceti Protector (Need an Hp/armor Buff , But Not much)
6- Tau Ceti Repair Field
7- Tau Ceti Repair Field Turret
8- Tau Ceti Repair Target

Note: Wish Devs acknowledge This matter , And Make it More Reasonable to Fly different Ships

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
First: I would Like to Say the Damage Dealing Items Are Fine at current state but wouldn't Mind a Little Buff, BUT We Need to Talk about the Elephant in the Room,
The Defensive /Add-Ons items Need a Buff Compared to Level 99 Armor on Ships, The Items in Question Are :

1- Tau Ceti Speed Actuator ( Need a Power Buff to Decrease Cool Down even more)
2- Tau Ceti Shield (Need an Hp/armor Buff )
3- Tau Ceti Repair Droid (Need a Better HP/sec Value , Most ships Doesn't heal fully with it )
4- Tau Ceti Afterburner (Need a Better Velocity Value, Most Ships Can't Escape / fly Over Units without getting The Attention Of Mantis on the way)
5- Tau Ceti Protector (Need an Hp/armor Buff , But Not much)
6- Tau Ceti Repair Field
7- Tau Ceti Repair Field Turret
8- Tau Ceti Repair Target

Note: Wish Devs acknowledge This matter , And Make it More Reasonable to Fly different Ships
i would agree with this, but here is the deal. first off tau ceti armor 91 and earth in unrest techs 91 are good. not strong and not weak and some sirius 82 strong/long items were better than modal logic e.g prot, but the long protector had a bad stun absorbing. how better? i would say 5-10%, but the cooldown is not the best. you could easily go with long or strong items that were good and had more freedom to get stronger or weaker, not much but you saw the difference.

and those 97 and 99 techs are very weak. tau ceti armor is reasonable better than 91, but the techs are weaker compared to 91 and 99 without the rares. its a mess nothing is tested properly and i will not talk about the none-sense in the story missions. all of this is punish for rush. the rare techs are useless, even the sentient techs are useless. i compared other rare techs from lower starsystem and tau ceti/oort is the worst. will we get ever ancient techs again? no. none-sense too, those are ancient techs already and weak.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I think a major issue that is or was overlooked in terms of TC is the "imbalance of items for the years they developed TC in total".

What i mean here is that until TC the ships and item levels where always on par and always balanced to properly work with each other in terms of power and effectiveness.

With TC however this balance started to drift apart more and more
If we look at the armor and item lvls of the TC ships we have the following lvls:
Armor lvl 85 vs Item lvl 87 (Bullwark vs. Perc tech)
Armor lvl 91 vs Item Lvl 91 and lvl 95 (Thermograde vs Modal Logic/Deep Recurrent tech)
Armor lvl 99 vs Item lvl 99 (Deluvian vs Senti/Gold tech)

So now we also need to conisder the point of since how long we did fly with this imbalance so that "is the norm we played with" and was from the re-release of TC until TC4 exactly 4 years and 7 days (July 19, 2018 - July 26, 2022) so we are used to items that where over the ship lvl and so had a better performance due higher lvl of tech vs lower lvl of ship armor = more heal; better Speed effect and so on.

I mean if you buy any ship with a speed actuator and install a high lvl speed in it then it will "outperform" the same ship with the actuall armor and the same speed actuator. You can mostly notice this imbalance even with a rapid speed actuator vs a rapid speed actuoator as long as the ship lvl stays beneath the item lvl. and the closer the lvl to each other gets the more it will lose efficency for whatever reason where imo it should be vice versa that the lvl of the ship should determine if the items are more efficent as in theory an upgrade to your ship could also mean "installing better hardware to manage the items better" but instead it´s an "so yeah due we simply had to make your armor plating more thick we had to remove some tech so your items may not be as efficent as they where" situation.

its a mess nothing is tested properly and i will not talk about the none-sense in the story missions.
Where i will always go back to my statement "I assume and belive that all tests regarding TC4 can not have been done under normal player conditions". And if the tests where done by players i hardly belive that they would have agreed to such imbalances but already the entry mission to TC4 is evidence enough that something must have gone horrorbly wrong considering the massive difficult spike it has in compare to some other Solo missions where at least you could manage them with OC.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Where i will always go back to my statement "I assume and belive that all tests regarding TC4 can not have been done under normal player conditions". And if the tests where done by players i hardly belive that they would have agreed to such imbalances but already the entry mission to TC4 is evidence enough that something must have gone horrorbly wrong considering the massive difficult spike it has in compare to some other Solo missions where at least you could manage them with OC.
erebos is never tested for normal player conditions. we did inside job without any outside cover, following ships were used - wolfhound - slate and humpback. i dont think that others can do this mission at the first attempt, because they used all exploits out. testers now the exploits and everytime after launching tau cet parts there were exploits fixes for some storymissions. eye of the storm solo without outside cover is possible and easy(slate-in-out), but not when ragefull players trying to break the missions on our server.😆