What's new

Suggestion

alpha3

Reaction score
You know it really bugs me with frustration when i suddenly get killed in a mission by unwanted mantis. I was thinking if people could hire pilots to protect them with a cost of cryonite. They don't have to be real people but just like a spaceship that keeps following you and shoots at all the mantis who attack you until it is destroyed. (Sorry for lack of info but i'm feeling pretty sleepy right now lol)

akwilsona

Reaction score
You know it really bugs me with frustration when i suddenly get killed in a mission by unwanted mantis. I was thinking if people could hire pilots to protect them with a cost of cryonite. They don't have to be real people but just like a spaceship that keeps following you and shoots at all the mantis who attack you until it is destroyed. (Sorry for lack of info but i'm feeling pretty sleepy right now lol)
There are many pilots who would offer outside-cover(or OC for short) to help you along with your missions. Unfortunately, sometimes there are mantis that are specific to your mission that other players cannot shoot(they appear as shadows) unless they are inside your squad. There are many missions that offer inside-support with NPC help but I must say that most of the AI for the NPC are lacking in many, many ways. I don't think having an NPC you pay for cryonite would be worth it's own weight in mantis blood. The only real alternatives you have are to have a more experienced player help you in your squad, or to invite others to help on OC with the mantis that are already present on the planet. I'm more than willing to be a privateer for cryonite, but most players such as myself will usually do it for free if asked nicely.

The missions get more and more challenging as you progress, and trust me, you will fail many times before you get it right. It is very frustrating, especially on the longer missions. Sometimes(this has helped me quite a bit) it helps to step away and try to figure alternatives or strategy for the difficult missions. I wish you the best, pilot.

spocklet

Reaction score
Yeah we used to do this years ago, especially for helping potential clan members complete missions. But as you say mission-specific mantis are invisible now (they weren't then), and can't be shot by the outsider, but yes they can shoot planetary mantis and stop them from interfering and bothering you !!

In fact I often went privateer and made lots of cryonite helping other players with this, usually with the final planet-completing battles, something to think about !!