Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Hello again to all.

Some time has passed since i made an actual suggestion and for some unknown reason SSG has implemented my last idea of >>>extending Boosters duration<<< during their remaining time but this is not what my post is about to this time... anyways i should warn you that it will have some text to read for you but i did some work to put my idea into pictures to show it actually (don´t mind my skills of editing though cus they are horrible) so without further ado let´s go to the actuall post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Situation:
At the moment it is so that sooner or later every Pilot will have the same items so that every ship will have the end the best Items equiped that are visually noticable what gives very little variation between the ships at some point + all Pilots fly with always the same Thruster Color (Clan Leaders, Squad Leaders, GMs, CMs and Devs excepted) but the idea/wish for some more " personalization" comes always up every now and then and the current situation given SSG shows that at least effects of the blasters can be changed (Hearth, Cake, Snowball Booster).

The Idea:
1st of all i know that this may not have a top priority considering the current CQ rework and TC4 are currently in the pipeline and bring some bigger changes into the game so what i want to provide is more an actuall suggestion with visual ideas how it can be implemented and what the idea behind it is.

The Squad Leader Issue:
In terms of the question "But Vesp the color for Squad Leader Thrusters makes it easier to directly see them so that they can be focused for PvP. With giving the option to use different colors for the trusters how should be now see who the Squad Leader is?" For this some simply "rework" of the name is needed and basicly just places the icons we can see when we have selected a player to their name if we see them in space. I thank @Getagripx in this case for providing me the required icons i needed to make it fully visible what icons could be shown if we see a pilot in Orbit or on a Planet. For the Clan Leader Icon i thank @dragonarh and for the Squad leader Icon @Asmodeus(ImmoLovers) to be in Orbit of Venar when i needed the icons :sweatgrinning:

Player info rework comaprision.jpg
As you can see with this visual change it will still be possible to see who the Squad Leader is. For the wingman it makes no difference due they always have the same Icon/Thruster Color anyways.

The Hangar/Shop interface:
The next actual change that has to be made is the Hangar/Shop interface to give us the option for the visuals/effect we wanna use.
Item list rework 1.jpg
Due it only gives 3 actuall items that are visible the list of the "Optical Parts" will be reduced to only the Blaster, Rocket and SB. If we buy a new ship it will always have the "Standart visual" aka the currently installed blaster. If we now wanna change the optical look and have selected the weapon where we wanna ha another version it leads us to the Shop window with another change.

Shop List rework.jpg
Basicly the "Optical Parts" work similar like the Ship Components but again just reduced to the 3 actual visible items Blaster, Rocket and SB and we can only install an item if it has been decrypted like a normal BP. The costs for changing the Optical Part should be the same like the actuall costs to change the color/Name of the ship cus again it is just an optical change and not a change in the power value.

The Effect:
Now after you have selected your Weapon of choice for your ship to give it some personal touch the next part is the effect of the Blaster itself (sadly Rockets and SB have no difference in the systems and if they are Normal, Rare or Ancient) For this it will give in the Hangar menu another point as addition.
Item list rework 2.jpg
Again please don´t judge my editing skills and with them the levels of the item :p
Considering that with Siri the Ancient blasters are unlocked and they all have the same visual i would put them into 1 item for all system. For all other systems it gives the choice of either teh normal or the Gold version and if we select the blaster we wanna use it will be used in the ship we currently fly until we change it again and like with the "Optical part" the costs should be the same as changing the color/name of the ship.

The Thing you see the most: Your Thrusters exhaust and the Thruster exhaust of others:
This is the part that may allow the most customization at all considering that every ship has a different amount of thrusters but may also be the part that may then be hard to be implemented/changed at all.
As an example here the idea for an Ship with 4 Thrusters:
Thruster Color.jpg
As you can see the idea might be that each thruster can be colored individually so that in theory having a "rainbow thruster" is a thing if the ship has enough thrusters of course ;) and i assume that it may give some very nice combinations for this part and really could bring some very unique results for each pilot ship. If this idea would really be a thing again i think this may be the hardest one rather then changing the color of the thrusters exhaust for all.

The Final Words:
Phew... this was again a bit text heavy but you all should get th idea of the whole thing. If done correctly i even assume that Split could make the one or another extra gold purchase for blasters/effects that are only obtainable for Gold and maybe limited times like during events and stuff but not just for 3 hours and instead during their seasons and make them a one time purchase(?). I mean it is fun when you use one of the seasonal blasters but then again for only 3 hours it is a bit pointless and you rarely see pilots using those considering the 3 hour timeframe they can be used after purchase.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With that said if you have made it this far i give you my congrats for this but sadly it gives no Achivement for this :LOL:.

Regards - Vesperion

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Hello again to all.

Some time has passed since i made an actual suggestion and for some unknown reason SSG has implemented my last idea of >>>extending Boosters duration<<< during their remaining time but this is not what my post is about to this time... anyways i should warn you that it will have some text to read for you but i did some work to put my idea into pictures to show it actually (don´t mind my skills of editing though cus they are horrible) so without further ado let´s go to the actuall post.

The Situation:
At the moment it is so that sooner or later every Pilot will have the same items so that every ship will have the end the best Items equiped that are visually noticable what gives very little variation between the ships at some point + all Pilots fly with always the same Thruster Color (Clan Leaders, Squad Leaders, GMs, CMs and Devs excepted) but the idea/wish for some more " personalization" comes always up every now and then and the current situation given SSG shows that at least effects of the blasters can be changed (Hearth, Cake, Snowball Booster).

The Idea:
1st of all i know that this may not have a top priority considering the current CQ rework and TC4 are currently in the pipeline and bring some bigger changes into the game so what i want to provide is more an actuall suggestion with visual ideas how it can be implemented and what the idea behind it is.

The Squad Leader Issue:
In terms of the question "But Vesp the color for Squad Leader Thrusters makes it easier to directly see them so that they can be focused for PvP. With giving the option to use different colors for the trusters how should be now see who the Squad Leader is?" For this some simply "rework" of the name is needed and basicly just places the icons we can see when we have selected a player to their name if we see them in space. I thank @Getagripx in this case for providing me the required icons i needed to make it fully visible what icons could be shown if we see a pilot in Orbit or on a Planet. For the Clan Leader Icon i thank @dragonarh and for the Squad leader Icon @Asmodeus(ImmoLovers) to be in Orbit of Venar when i needed the icons :sweatgrinning:

View attachment 48446
As you can see with this visual change it will still be possible to see who the Squad Leader is. For the wingman it makes no difference due they always have the same Icon/Thruster Color anyways.

The next actual change that has to be made is the Hangar/Shop interface to give us the option for the visuals/effect we wanna use.
View attachment 48447
Due it only gives 3 actuall items that are visible the list of the "Optical Parts" will be reduced to only the Blaster, Rocket and SB. If we buy a new ship it will always have the "Standart visual" aka the currently installed blaster. If we now wanna change the optical look and have selected the weapon where we wanna ha another version it leads us to the Shop window with another change.

View attachment 48448
Basicly the "Optical Parts" work similar like the Ship Components but again just reduced to the 3 actual visible items Blaster, Rocket and SB and we can only install an item if it has been decrypted like a normal BP. The costs for changing the Optical Part should be the same like the actuall costs to change the color/Name of the ship cus again it is just an optical change and not a change in the power value.

The Effect:
Now after you have selected your Weapon of choice for your ship to give it some personal touch the next part is the effect of the Blaster itself (sadly Rockets and SB have no difference in the systems and if they are Normal, Rare or Ancient) For this it will give in the Hangar menu another point as addition.
View attachment 48449
Again please don´t judge my editing skills and with them the levels of the item :p
Considering that with Siri the Ancient blasters are unlocked and they all have the same visual i would put them into 1 item for all system. For all other systems it gives the choice of either teh normal or the Gold version and if we select the blaster we wanna use it will be used in the ship we currently fly until we change it again and like with the "Optical part" the costs should be the same as changing the color/name of the ship.

The Thing you see the most: Your Thrusters exhaust and the Thruster exhaust of others:
This is the part that may allow the most customization at all considering that every ship has a different amount of thrusters but may also be the part that may then be hard to be implemented/changed at all.
View attachment 48450
As you can see the idea might be that each thruster can be colored individually so that in theory having a "rainbow thruster" is a thing if the ship has enough thrusters of course ;) and i assume that it may give some very nice combinations for this part and really could bring some very unique results for each pilot ship. If this idea would really be a thing again i think this may be the hardest one rather then changing the color of the thrusters exhaust for all.

The Final Words:
Phew... this was again a bit text heavy but you all should get th idea of the whole thing. If done correctly i even assume that Split could make the one or another extra gold purchase for blasters/effects that are only obtainable for Gold and maybe limited times like during events and stuff but not just for 3 hours and instead during their seasons and make them a one time purchase(?). I mean it is fun when you use one of the seasonal blasters but then again for only 3 hours it is a bit pointless and you rarely see pilots using those considering the 3 hour timeframe they can be used after purchase.
With that said if you have made it this far i give you my congrats for this but sadly it gives no Achivement for this :LOL:.

Regards - Vesperion
I like your ideas 👍

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
Hello again to all.

The Situation:

The Idea:

The Squad Leader Issue:

View attachment 48446

View attachment 48447

View attachment 48448

The Effect:
View attachment 48449

View attachment 48450

The Final Words:

Regards - Vesperion
(Add: we can also change thrusters exhausts size:LOL:). Good ideas by the way!:devilish:

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello @Vesperion ,

Regarding the "The Squad Leader Issue", keep in mind that if so many icons/information is displayed nearby the player name, it would make targeting quite harder on Conquests and PvP Wars. Since the new Conquest rework is already introducing a visual HP bar over the names of the players, adding even more information would mean barely seeing the ships and "who is who". For example, in a fight of 15vs15 in a same spot, having all this amount of information displayed on screen would surely make things harder on terms of selecting.

Normally the place where its more important to know who are the enemies squad leaders, its in Conquests, since they have different mechanics to work around their squad members. I think changing how the thursters work there would really confuse a lot of players and make it less intuitive.

I do like do the idea of being able to change the thrusters in non-competitive areas (so excluding Colossus/Colossus Orbit, Event planets/event planet orbits, Conquest Planet/Conquest Orbits). But maybe i would set it behind a bit of gold.

Greetings
Fission

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Regarding the "The Squad Leader Issue", keep in mind that if so many icons/information is displayed nearby the player name, it would make targeting quite harder on Conquests and PvP Wars. Since the new Conquest rework is already introducing a visual HP bar over the names of the players, adding even more information would mean barely seeing the ships and "who is who". For example, in a fight of 15vs15 in a same spot, having all this amount of information displayed on screen would surely make things harder on terms of selecting.

Normally the place where its more important to know who are the enemies squad leaders, its in Conquests, since they have different mechanics to work around their squad members. I think changing how the thursters work there would really confuse a lot of players and make it less intuitive.
For this a simple solution could be that during CQ/Collosus times the Icons are disabled and either only the Icon for Squad Leaders is shown OR that maybe the Squad Leaders "name plate" is in a different color like yellow for example. Considering the time i have made this and all the screens and stuff i might have overlooked this ;).

In the absolute worst case during CQ/Collosus times and while the pilots are on the planet the Icons and Thrusters would be set to "default" once the pilots land on the planet. According to my knowledge even for not have been on Collo at any point and if my memory serves correctly it is so that the names at Collo are completly disabled so i assume that it might be possible to add such a rule for CQ planets that disables the icons + sets the thruster colors to default during those times.

Sypical

Reaction score
Rank
In the absolute worst case during CQ/Collosus times and while the pilots are on the planet the Icons and Thrusters would be set to "default" once the pilots land on the planet. According to my knowledge even for not have been on Collo at any point and if my memory serves correctly it is so that the names at Collo are completly disabled so i assume that it might be possible to add such a rule for CQ planets that disables the icons + sets the thruster colors to default during those times.
I also like the ideas, and I'll share my opinion that with thrusters, it's really hard to implement such a feature because as cool as it is, it brings out complications such as exactly CQs or Colossus. For Colossus I think it's a simple fix the same way they did the annonymosity where it literally defaults everything, from paint finishes, to hiding names, would be a simple thing to implement a string of code to ensure that it overrides the coloured thrusters feature as well, as it's already a thing to have them be default. As for CQs though, yes a simple fix would be to make sure that when a pilot lands, it will put everything to default, but there's another point to make that it would be harder to differentiate squad leaders from normal pilots in orbit of CQs, especially where there are a lot of pilots in orbit which ends up hiding names. The option to change the name colour is neat but also can be very flawed in how the game is programmed and how it works. Regardless, these ideas are good and have a good base on what to implement with these features, and I'm all for changing the blasters, rockets and sniper blasters!

Best regards.

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
That's an idea that many pilots i knew always wanted, me included.
The idea of thrusters of pilot, i'd say why not if yellow thrust is present in CQ\Colo.
For the others idea i'm ok with it, although i wonder if it wouldn't be better if this works as a mod ,like only you can see it.
Because i think that it will be very confusing to see many differents weapons or thrusters everywhere in PVE and PVP.
And as Sypical said, i think it will take time to implement since these changes can really change how the game is coded.