What's new

[Suggestion] BP and Squad Overhaul (BPaS O)

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Introduction:
Hello it´s me again... Vesperion who had to much time during playing the game to think about something new/changing for the game.

The few who know me already know that my ideas might sometimes be crazy but might work for the flow of the game (if the devs consider to implement them however) so without further talking let´s jump right into it. i already excuse me for the upcoming wall of text but hope that you will survive it ;)

The current Situation:
The Topics i wanna tackle today is on the side the well known and not really liked BP System overall since Split implemented the BP Part System and later the BP Decryption system which at certain points is like an artifical bottleneck if we talk about the progress from Sirius to Tau Ceti and on the other side the current squad system.

Here one of the biggest issues is that it requires a lot of luck to get the Siri Item you need just to decrypt either the Symbolic/Perceptron Item or 1 of the current 3 TC Ships.

For Sirius it´s a bit different in terms of the Sirius Items cus here you need to have all previous System Gold BPs to decrypt the Sirius items in order to use them for Sirius itself.

The Issue/Problem:
For Veteran players who continued to game since Sirius was released (and after the big TC fail) this is no real thing at all cus they might have the most BPs already OR have all Sirius Items + Golds already.

New and returning players however have the whole process of farming and hunting for the BPs still in front of them and to deal with it. This is the point where from my side i think it will decide if a player will continue to play or stop the game cus they "feel no process" anymore just cus they are stuck due to the hunt of a certain item they need to continue. This is where the BP-O should come into work,

The BP-O:
Basicly the whole System about BP Part Drops and Gold should stay the same just that they now should serve as some sort of "currency" to unlock the BPs in the current system we are in.

If you know wanna ask "How should this gonna work?" the answer is pretty simple cus the units in the planet will not drop the BP Item anymore they will now drop "Planet BPs"(P-BPs) while Gold BPs will be changed into "System BPs"(S-BPs). Let´s take Vega here as an example cus it´s the starting system.

The BP-O Example:
In Vega we have 4 Planets in Total. Kalabesh, Axiom, Lyris and Aurora and aside from Aurora every planet has 1 new item (Aurora has 2). So if a player defeats Mantis on Kalabesh they can drop "Kalabesh BPs" while on Lyris the Mantis drop "Lyris BPs" and so on and so forth.

Planet BPs (P-BPs)
"P-BPs" will serve as currency in the Hangar to "buy" the new tech you wanna have and you can only unlock the tech if you have he corrosponding Planet BP. So you can´t buy Aurora Items with Kalabesh, Axiom or Lyris BPs.

System BPs (S-BPs)
"S-BPs" and serve to unlock the top tech of the corrosponding system. So if an Mantis drops an Gold BP in any of the planets from Vega it will be called "Vega BP".

The Sirius Anomaly
And now to the absolute System that everyone will have to face sooner or later cus you will need those Sirius Items to continue in Tau Ceti... Sirius itself. This system will not have very much surprises aside from that it will drop "Ring BPs"(R-BPs) and "Ancient BPs"(A-BPs)

Basicly the system here will be the same just that it gives R1-4 BPs and R5 (Ancient BPs)

The Costs:
In terms of the costs per Item to unlock/Decrypt/whatever you wanna call it now i would say for the P-BPs and R1-4 BPs something around 20 - 30/item should be a good number (as always i sometimes pick those numbers by moment and not by thought).

For the S-BPs i think 10 - 15 should be a good value considering that they not drop as frequently as the P-BPs + they have the possibilty to be unlocked at any given moment so that you could in theory unlock the Gold Items on the very 1st Planet in each system.

Ancient BPs however will have a complete different pricerange and depend on the Ancient Item you wanna unlock. As base calculation serves Vega with the following prices:
Rapid/Long = 10 A-BPs
Balanced = 20 A-BPs
Strong = 30 A-BPs
From here on there will be an "Multiplier" that raises by 1 for each following system. So Antares will have the costs of Vega x2, Gemini = Vega x3, Mizar = Vega x4, Sol = Vega x5, Draconis = Vega x6 and Sirius = Vega x7

I can hear already the screams of player who think that this wouldn´t change the grind at all and i say "yes it still will be grindy as hell BUT this is where the Squad Overhaul should kick in as well"

The Squad Overhaul (SQ O)
The SQ O basicly should reward players by playing in squads not only to have more firepower and the sharings of cryonite if it drops but with the BP O it also should function as "sharepoint" during the Ancient rounds. Atm Squads have an hidden "critical" to drop more then just 1 BP/Cryo that is mostly 2 or in rare cases 3 drops.

I would change this system so that this "critical" will become a given under the following conditions but still with the rndm factor if an P-BP/S-BP an Cryo or both will drop:
Squads of 1 - 2 Pilots = always 1 drop of the P-BPs/Cryo
Squads of 3 - 4 Pilots = always 2 drops of the P-BPs/Cryo
Squads of 5 Pilots = always 3 drops of the P-BPs/Cryo

With the exception of Sirius R5 A-BPs the players need to share the P-BPs/S-BPs like it´s now already. So if every player needs the P-BPs they need to decide who collects it. S-BPs on the other hand will be handled a bit different cus they always will drop only 1 time no matter what squad size BUT if a player collects an S-BP every player in the sq will recieve that S-BP as well.

If we now start to talk about Sirius R5 the System will be handled a bit differently cus here the rule for A-BPs will be so that the number of drops increase with Squad size like on every other planet BUT if an A-BP is collected everyone in the squad recieves that A-BP as well. With that the costs of Sirius look maybe not more as "grindy" as before like buying the Sirius Strong Item x for 210 A-BPs

And last but not least i would add an option for the squadleader if the squad has Passive Share or Active Share. Passive Share is basicly if the player is not shooting the same unit cus he is either afk or shoots on another place that he can see the drops from others and also recieves Cryonite (kinde like the old Squad mechanic).

Active Share on the other hand is the current Squad and drop system where you only can see/recieve the drop if you hit the unit at least once what can be pretty tedious if you wanna help a player to get the top tech of the Planet/System.

The Result:
Overall the whole idea should smooth the process of geting an new item by simply "buying" them via the P-Bps/R1-4 BPs/S-BPs/A-BPs that you can collect + it should feel more rewarding to fly in larger squads cus of the increased number of drops for squads of 3 or 5 pilots.

The only real issue i see here atm would be that the R5 Bosses (Giza/Soris/Amrana) might become obsolete cus every other unit can drop the A-BPs as well they only can drop way more A-BPs cus of their own rule for BP drops that range from 0 - 10(?) so that in theory a 5 man squad could get up to 50 A-BPs from them for the kill along with the chance of up to 3 cryo drops.

The last Words:
If you somehow did survive this insane amount of text i´m really impressed and as always if you have any gripes/ideas/suggestions leave them by reply to the post.

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
Nice idea Vesperion , but they aim to make the most possible time since each update , its a really good suggestion
like grinding cryo but for BP's and that's right because its just going to a 5º ring and killing till you get the bp you need.
But , there should be a balance between killing one unit and other , for example giza`s could give 20 A-BP
Shysis 1 - Horus 3 - Abasis - 8 Green - 15 , maybe , because instead it would be grinding always shysis to get the max amount of A-BP's if all Units give the same i just readed BP Overhaul , not Squad overhaul cuz its night time and im kinda tired , but nice suggestions Vesperion!
Thanks for reading and have a nice Day!.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Sleep said:
[...]
But , there should be a balance between killing one unit and other , for example giza`s could give 20 A-BP
Shysis 1 - Horus 3 - Abasis - 8 Green - 15 , maybe , because instead it would be grinding always shysis to get the max amount of A-BP's if all Units give the same i just readed BP Overhaul , not Squad overhaul cuz its night time and im kinda tired , but nice suggestions Vesperion!
Thanks for reading and have a nice Day!.
In theory yes you could the go to hunt only the WUs but i practise this would mean less cryo to earn + SQ O should here encourage to hunt the big guys cus of the always happening multidrop when something drops.

In terms of the SQ "Bonus" an little update from my side (and cus posts can´t be edited after a while anymore)
Old Version:
Squads of 3 - 4 Pilots = always 2 drops of the P-BPs/Cryo
Squads of 5 Pilots = always 3 drops of the P-BPs/Cryo

New Version
Squads of 3 - 4 Pilots = always 3 drops of the P-BPs/Cryo
Squads of 5 Pilots = always 5 drops of the P-BPs/Cryo

And another update for the Question "What will happen when i have all items unlocked in a system via P-BP /R1-4 BP/S-BP/A-BP?"
In the case that you have unlocked every item via the P-BPs/R1-4 BPs/S-BPs/A-BPS the conversion system will kick in again and you will convert them into energy that basicly depends on the Planet/System you are in like we know it.