What's new

Some ideas how to stop the rushing to Sirius and help the real new players

LivlyGhost

Reaction score
The rushing of accounts to Tau Ceti is bad (I agree) according to Devs and adjustments are made that concern me how to tackle this problem.
Probably some people that are rushed in to Tau Ceti are complaining now things are to easy ^^ Because I did it the hard way several times and easy it aint unless you got strong buddies ^^
I got a bit wurry when some of my buddies didnt know how to do story missions even as recent as Gazica ^^

I play this game as of 20/08/2009, Quadrupel was the name, now known as LivlyGhost on Askone server.
I was trainer in the Solar Empire of trainees for a strong elite clan to win Clan Quests... My buddy was TimberWolf helping me do so :)
Many I have seen come, helped and seen leave. Including GMs and developers. Some of you know whome I am, most of you I forgot, sorry, old age and my health dont help ^^
I ask you to read on please, but know my heart is in this game and I know what I talk about concerning NPs.

-=-

Any GM can see whats happening with lvl 30 in Draco, level 50 in Sirius ^^ i am also pretty sure its reported and is seen as a problem to Developers, hence the attack on this issue by them with new armor and ships and item levels...

I dont understand why nobody sees making things harder for the solo NPs is destructive to the game iteself ! Its the reason why game is "considered dead" ... We need new blood and friends of new blood, not alts !

So many solutions to "rushing" that are not destructive for game play and wont make life to hard for NP:

:idea: 1] Any player with a level 4 point lower level then needed for new system ship gets a ban or refuse to let in next system... Last 4 levels can be grinded in new system first planet.

:idea: 2] SSG can give 20x free helper tickets every week. Waste 20x and you cant do missions with any player in sq that has not done mission yet in PVE and PVP ^^ A achievement if helped more then 52 weeks full 20x SSG can create on PVE and PVP (red) tabs. SSG can even sell helper tickets for gold ^^

:idea: 3] We can use unused log files in sted of 20x helper tickets for :idea: 2], forcing helpers to grind for log files ^^ Both ideas will help new players a lot and get you to meet new players...

:idea: 4] Another idea would be the use of planetary body scanning, can be done on level, thus perventing low levels as -4 to even unlock planets and travel to in relation to BPs found on that planet ^^ Make it a bla bla bla text, like "you cant scan this planetary body because its still to complex for you level of intelligence. Get smarter !"... So no more lvl 30 unlocking Hive ^^

:idea: 5] Make outside or in sq help while grinding 1 system difirence, so no more Sirius strong protector on a Vega transporter ^^ The penalty is now on the high level with penalty wich is a joke ! Remove that and place the penalty on -XP for the hepled and no cryo or bp drops... Cry is cry, no need to punish the high levels on grinding low systems with Sirius and Tau Ceti as is...

:idea: 6] I agree to punish me to help a new player. I want to assist in a dummy ship and dummy items, but you need to resolve past adjustments before doing so ! Make the systems easier ! Remove the extra paralizers from Molikar, shrink the living areas fo the mantis as was ment to be ^^ Molikar was made to hard as people was borred the time Mizar was highest system. Is even made harder now. Make the planets survivable for the new players and me so I can help them in a fair leveled fight against the elements... There is a reason why overpowered help is needed in Mizar ^^

I hope new armor and ship settings level will not destroy my free wil to help others, and so the hope of new players with new future to invite player friends to keep this game interesting for everybody.

What concerns me is what SSG does now as in the past is make game harder and harder and I truely believe now, to hard for NPs and is opposite of what anybody wants ! If you dont believe me, make an alt or go to another server where you dont speak the language, refuse help and go to Tau Ceti ^^

Before you comment read on why I came to this conclusion and my solutions, please...

-=-

I did a test last night I do regulary on Askon server. I went to all systems in Askone server and greated the system and flown around to meet people, it was as normal:
- Vega 0% reply 0 and 0 visual players...
- Antares 0% reply 0 and 0 visual players...
- Gemini 0% reply 0 and 0 visual players...
- Mizar 0% reply 0 and 0 visual players...
- Sol a view grinding lvls 85 and 1 low level responded not flown around, out of E and realy upset...
- Draco not to responisve either not flown around, out of E and realy upset...
- Sirius full reply of known and unknown players...
- Tau Ceti full reply of known and unknown players...

A new player (NP) in Vega to Mizar systems are stuck on broken misions with nobody around to help and probably think the game is dead and leave ! Maybe a GM sees but cant and is not alowed to help ^^

It is already hard for NP to try make friends with nobody around, alts often dont respond. Chat is a problem for some. Getting info is not so easy either... NP bails in Gemini... Some are even stuck in Lustra with unnatural high levels...
I know bc I have lots of NPs removed latly from buddies that never came back... Just hope it was not my natural charme :D
I also notice when a NP is a alt or some, as they know missions and buggs on forehand ^^ I wont help them and i remove them from budies.

I regulary conduct these test and help people stuck in the game with tactic advise and some I help them thinking out of the box to solve a problem. I see some do the same as me and help lower levels. I think more should do that and stop complaining stuff is to easy and think more how a person in a dummy ship with dummy items could manage with out pre knowledge how a missions is suppost to end ^^

With respect to all !

LG

ps: adjusted some typos ! Sorry !

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Your proposition is very similar to the one by LupeMan in french forum: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=39139

In that he proposes a minimum level restriction to complete the last missions in every system, so a player cannot go to the next system without reaching the minimum level first. He/she still can be helped by strong players.

LivlyGhost

Reaction score
Thanks HGus :)

I dont understand French m8, no use for me to roam the realm of French Forum, I apreciate you do !
I also like it when similar or didfirent ideas to 1 problem, meaning people care and try to help !
You do agreat job in binding all these ideas together and make us aware the world is a bigger place then our view outside the cockpit ;)

I hope you also read my hope they fix the hardship of Molikar for solo players...
Askone server is dead from waste down in the eavenings m8...

As always totaly apreciate your wel balanced replies and input HGus :D

LG

tandm.hudson

Reaction score
Great Post And I also try to find these New Players and help if I can with out doing the SM for them. :D

Armageddon

Reaction score
Thanks for your post!

I thought it was helpful and most parts are accurate.

Some systems are quieter at different times, and I wish you mentioned server time of your test.

I will just say, I think the update will really put me off helping low levels, (but I suppose developers wanted this), I will not purchase multiple configs, items, etc for each several planets of each system, and I feel this will make the game much less friendly. Not everyone does help low levels, but those that do will have more of a difficult time.

Vega is very quiet, Mizar and Gemini fairly and this update will make these systems harder indeed for new players.

But, I do not see Splitscreen going "oh! This update was a mistake! Yes, we'll roll it back and make things easier and put an alternative in-place straight away". They put work into this and think it is best (from their point of view). I doubt anything will be changed immediately, but perhaps when new players quit more and do not put a single penny into the game, SSG will notice...

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
There is no need to have a configuration "for every planet".

After a little of research on first day, I found that you will need no more than 2 configuration per system. That is for normal ships and only if you plan to help in squad. Parsecs/Raven are not included, cause those could need a lot of configurations for the same task, and I doubt that someone will plan to use them for helping in low systems. They will be used mostly for PVP or Sirius, with only specific configurations for a few systems.

Restrictions are based in missions. Once you peek a mission, you get the restriction for all planets. Even if you try to land in a higher system, the restriction for the mission apply. So, these are the requirements that I found until now: (for every case, I write ship/tech pairs)

• Vega:
    • Kalabesh, Axiom, Lyris and Aurora: 15/15 --- Bulkwark with top tech
    • Thermograde and Deluvian armored Vega ships are now level 16 and 17. An option for automatic uninstall and refund is shown when trying to land on Phobos or CQ planets.
  • Antares:
    • Terasa: 21/21 --- Thermograde with Terasa tech
    • Lustra: 25/25 --- Deluvian with top tech
  • Gemini:
    • Prosperous, Commerce Central and Technatoria: 33/33
  • Mizar:
    • Baumar and Molikar: 43/43 --- Deluvian with top tech
  • Sol:
    • Mars: 55/55 --- R Deluvian with Moon tech
    • Moon and Earth: 60/60 --- S Deluvian with top tech
  • Draconis:
    • Gazica and Hive: 70/70 --- Deluvian with top tech (Methanoid armor forbidden)

Edited: Restrictions derived from fixed bugs were removed.
Edited 2: Vegar armored ships are no more allowed in Vega missions (capped at level 15)

0ptimus Prime

Reaction score
I’m sorry but the reason this game is dead is not because the lower system story missions are too easy. And making them more difficult in the ways you have suggested not only increases the barrier for entry for actual new players but also removes motivation for old players to go back and help them.

These suggestions make the game needlessly difficult, as do the current restrictions. Every modern game I have played NERFS old content as the new content comes out, so that new players can catch up to their friends and start playing the current content together. I cannot for the life of me understand why the devs of this game create these artificial bottlenecks for players, especially new players. It’s frustrating for everyone and does absolutely nothing to breath new life into this game.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Well this is the result if you think you will make an "fast reply" :LOL:
It might move a bit into the offtopic section i guess but that is a given
You have been warned at this point :devilish:
____________________________________________________________________________________________

The difficult task on such things is always to keep the "low systems alive" when there is no actuall contend or reason to roam them for high level players cus why should a high level player hunt Mantis in a lower system that yields way to less cryonite for them when they need hundred of thousands of millions of cryos to buy/upgrade their current tech?

The Mission Situation
Missions are more or less the only side activity we have after we completed the Main Story and once all Whites have been cleared there isn´t much left aside from maybe doing them all over again in PM and the SM maybe even in Squad again if some have been missed but you get the reward only 1 time.

Sirius shows that it´s possible to "reset and shuffle" missions so that they give the cryo reward again via the Clan Missions that are mostly usefull if a full sq does them for the most benefital factor for the players who does them #ClanSqsneededformorethen5pilots#.

The question is why Split isn´t reflecting that system to other systems as well?
An relative easy way to "remedy" the situation somewhat would be the implementation of (my suggested) daily/weekly/monthly mission basis where a player gets x missions per day/week/month that are rndmly selected over the systems a player has access to so that player actually would have a "reason" to go into the lower systems again cus for extra cryo + doing something else instead of "login and go grinding the second yo u are in" i mean even their other game DS has a daily mission system.
For the full post check here:
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=42474

The Player Situation
Another game i have played for some time had a System where players could "register" themself as "Mission Masters" at a certain level so that they recieve an notification if a player asks for help if he wants to start a mission so that it makes the mission "easier" for them cus someone with higher knowledge, tech and E-Storage could help out. As reward those players then recieved a "Master's Medal of Merit" that could be used and in exchange rewarded them with bonus XP and if you collected a few of them and combined them they yield even more XP for the usage.

For PG the System obviously would needs to be changed so that the player who helped out will be rewarded with Cryo instead of XP cus they are basicly useless over the course of the game cus they serve only as "ship/tech" unlocker and "E-Enhancers" with each new level. The question is just how the rate should be calculated here and how much the system would make sense considering that it requires a nearly constand flow of new players + needs to have an safe option so that it can´t be exploided *coughcoughmakinganewaccountwithanotheremailcoughcough*.

The QoL (Quality of Life) Situation
If i think really hard i can´t really remember any situation that gave us something like an QoL Update aside from the change of the memberships from E-Generating to "discount" on our E-Usage where up to this date Self Mat and Drones still require the same like having no Membership at all.

Aside from that it gave a few suggestions for QoL updates that could/would change the gameflow/mechanics for the Pilots like the recently "automatic cryonite collection" https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=42999#p200520 where i even want to expand the idea to collecting e as well by standing in a E-Field https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=42999#p200627

What i even suggested was an overhaul of the BP and Squad situation in terms of unlocking BPs and the drops by flying in sq to make flying in a big sq "more rewarding" https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=42607#p198120

I even made an QoL Idea for the drones cus their current system is so impractical that i´m still impressed i use 3 drones at the same time cus of that lol https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=42242&p=196721&hilit=drone#p196721

And last but not least Rajaas insane Post where he suggested a bunch of options to improve the game to some degree and make it more interesting for the players and the base that still is playing the game.
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=42589