What's new

Revision of the Sirius singularity

TarryBark

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Playername
Rank
A fleet on the brink

The Sirius singularity needs a revision. The Sirius Ring 5 technology is required to unlock Tau Ceti content. Or to be able to play there tolerably. That's fine so far. What is not okay is the hurdle of "coincidence".

Players will have to wait for weeks and weeks, hoping that maybe a Sirius spaceship will be dropped or the right Sirius Ancient technology. But you can't play Tau Ceti without them. The clan members lose the fun, become inactive. The remaining ones look for another clan because of inactivity. Because of a system that slows down the players. Sirius "randomness."

I can't bring her back and there are no new players because the lower systems are neglected and no newcomers are coming. The systems are empty. I will have to disband the clan soon and then I will be alone. And then what? Should I then find an older clan that has mastered this hurdle? For this I pay the price of being forced to install third-party software. (Teamspeak, Discord, what ever) No, thanks.

You want the players in Tau Ceti and have adjusted the cryonite amounts in Sirius and Tau Ceti. But that's no use if newcomers can't even hold out because of the "random" blueprints in sirius, and are looking for other games! As already mentioned, I am losing more and more players. So please think of something!

My future in the game is uncertain. I will not install third party software just because other clans do not want to use the chat for convenience. If I am on my own and the last man of the fleet is gone, I will probably have to leave as well. I have been playing this game since 2009 and have experienced all the ups and downs. But if I have to play alone and not in a community, I can play a single player game.

I would like Sirius to be made more accessible to new players and the lower star systems to be revived with new players.

Possible solutions to the problem:

:arrowr: Increases the probability that Sirius Ancient technology will fall. Especially the spaceships!

:arrowr: Or ensure that Sirius Ring 5 planets no longer explode and give the remaining units there all Sirius Ring 5 technology with spaceships without having to rely on the hurdle of "coincidence". The players have to work anyway, so they can collect the technology.

:arrowr: If necessary, more Ring 5 planets must be generated. The Ancient Technology for the systems Vega to Draconis is luxury and not relevant for Tau Ceti.

Thanks for reading. Just a bunch of thoughts going through my head that I had to get rid of.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
The points you mention are something that always comes up in the game.

The thing is someone did calculate the stuff and "in theory" you can now finish the whole Sirius lineup within 8 weeks or something like that because it gives an "rotation" of the BPs.

For the Boss BPs (Soris, Amrana and Giza) it´s the lowest issue due of 9 BPs/planet spawn and so going through the rotation pretty quick while MU, SU and CU only have 1 BP in their rotation so that it takes way longer until the next BP shows up.

For me it took nearly 1 year since i play the game again (march 2019) and the last BPs i was hunting were the Prot series and for some weird reason they did drop over the course of 3 months (december the rapid, january the long and february the long). The only reason it took so long for me was that i simply didn´t collect some BPs cus i "didn´t need them" and so i made it artificaly longer for me due of that.

If we would now say that all 424 Ancient BPs (Vega - Siri) should be available all the time it would require ~32,61 (33 rounded up) R5 Planets that would have the special setup to never collapse and then make the r4 planets obsolete.

Another option that would be far better imo is that Split makes it so that Pilots can jump to another JS of an allied Clan cus a common strat for some pilots is simply "clan hopping" to an Allied Clan that is at the planet their BP drops and then return to their Clan after 3 days again.

OR a way bigger change Split could implement would be the following i suggest quite some time ago:
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?p=198120#p198120

Considering the upcoming CQ changes Allied Clans will with that change become more or less "obsolete" so alliances need a new purpose rather then just having another Chat when the change comes.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Vesperion said:
Another option that would be far better imo is that Split makes it so that Pilots can jump to another JS of an allied Clan cus a common strat for some pilots is simply "clan hopping" to an Allied Clan that is at the planet their BP drops and then return to their Clan after 3 days again.
I have thinked that some time ago, and it would be very good to give that use with the allies clans. It will make a clan to stay more than 1 or 2 days on the same 5th ring planet without worry of lose some of them (and with that, let more time to the members to complete the blueprints).

TarryBark

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Playername
Rank
Even if this has been accelerated somewhat in the meantime and it probably won't take a whole year, the effort still remains enormous. It's just pure coincidence which plan is dropped and when I see that more and more players at my side turn their backs on me and prefer other games, then I see that something is going terribly wrong.

It is also not necessary to provide all Ancient blueprints with a fixed location, but would already suffice to restrict it to the Sirius Ancient technologies alone.

Then the players are no longer dependent on chance and luck, no longer have to hope and wait many weeks, but can go about their task and play.

Any solution suits me. The important thing is that the new Sirius players get the blueprints faster and there won't be more of them migrating. It doesn't take many new planets. For example, 18BP, 14BP and 12BP units could drop different Sirius Ancient blueprints. And large ships as well. In the lower systems it works with different blueprints and in Tau Ceti it works as well.

You could make the Ring 5 planets rotate faster around the sun. It is important that no more players leave the game. If different units then drop different blueprints and the planets no longer explode, the players would be greatly helped. The Ancient technology for the lower systems is not necessarily needed in ring 5.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
TarryBark said:
[...]For example, 18BP, 14BP and 12BP units could drop different Sirius Ancient blueprints. And large ships as well. In the lower systems it works with different blueprints and in Tau Ceti it works as well.[...]
It seems random at 1st BUT every Unit in Sirius has a fixed Item drop pool already. The only thing however i couldn´t really find out so far is if the rotation follows an certain order cus this still seems random but i guess the rotation only resets if the whole pool has been checked before it restarts again.

WU: Pattern and Collector
MU: RD + AB
SU: Blaster + Taunt + RT + Beacon
CU: Scram + Perf + Prot + Speed + ACharge + RTurr + ATurr
Giza/Amrana/Soris: Shield + Bomb + Rocket + Aim + Thermo + RF + Mat + Stun + Dome + SB + ADroid + OS + Sticky + Mines + Ships

If we now however go even deeper into the numbers by saying each unit could drop each Ancient BP and has no fixed values anymore BUT keep their drop pool the drops would look like the following

WU: 7 (excluding the 2 patterns)
MU: 42
SU: 81
CU: 93
GIza/Amrana/Soris: 207

I think this shows already how impossible such a task would be. In terms of Giza/Amrana/Soris it might somewhat be doable due of their multidrops but then again if i remember the rounds where even in a full sq they can drop just a few BPs 207 possible drops is an insane number to get just the 1 BP you need from them to complete your Item/Ship that is required to decry a TC Ship/Item.

The only solution that here would help/remedy it would be to make 7 R5 Planets that are devoted to the respective System so that each R5 drops only Ancient Items from the respective System what would again change the numbers to the following with all items + their variants (Balanced + Rapid/Long + Strong).

Vega 34
Antares 45
Gemini 57
Mizar 57
Sol 69
Draconis 81
Sirius 81 + 6 Ships = 87

The only real issue i would see here then is that the Siri devoted planet will be swarmed as main hunting ground and the good old discussion/complain about "stealing" will come up again that we can experience every then and now in the game as well and here it would require that Split would re-implement the Clan-instances for the R5 planets to prevent such things from happening.

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
Vesperion's Post about Blueprint overhaul is good , they can do that , but also there could be another way , same blueprint drop and rotation system but instead of 6 5th rings at the same time , 7 , And each planet would have a Specific System tech , they would normally die and respawn after 24-48hs of dying with new blueprints of that system , so there would be 7 planets and you would know what type of system tech it is , but you would not know what it drops , ik there's better ideas but imma just suggest , cuz i know every player doesn't wants just sirius tech but there's others that do want , so there would be a planet that suits every player need of blueprints if they want to build a ship of an specific system.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello Pilot,

The actual Sirius system is a lot more faster and accesible than how it was in 2017. If you have been playing since 2009, im sure you would already seen a quite big difference compared to previous sirius versions.

Sirius right now can work together with TC pretty nice, and it shouldn't be taken as a slow down, but instead as a dual progress.

Sirius ships normally drops once a month, knowing that sirius is a "random" (with some algorithms) systems, getting those ships in less than a month (if you are unlucky) its not that painful, even more comparing it to the previous versions where ships could drop only once in 2 years.

Sirius is a part of the game, and its normally the longest one together with TC, but thats the game itself, which means that you are playing the game when playing sirius ;) its not a wait time.

Regarding third-party softwares. There are some servers or clans that have this programs as mandatory, since its a clan/MMO game, its normal that the admirals want their members to have communication, and you shouldn't blame the game for that.

Your idea of fixed tech planets Vesperion would kill partially the planet jumping, since 90% of most clans would only be on the Sirius Ancient planet and ignore the rest of the tech till they are done with sirius ancient tech.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Fission said:
Hello Pilot,
[...]
Your idea of fixed tech planets Vesperion would kill partially the planet jumping, since 90% of most clans would only be on the Sirius Ancient planet and ignore the rest of the tech till they are done with sirius ancient tech.
It´s good to see Fission that the Copy/Paste block about the Siri system is always at your disposal cus i remember to have seen it a few times already :LOL:

Regardless of that i find it interesting that it feels for me like you just overlooked the suggestion and directly pointed out an issue that i already have shown up in my own post and to quote myself here.

Vesperion said:
[...]
The only real issue i would see here then is that the Siri devoted planet will be swarmed as main hunting ground and the good old discussion/complain about "stealing" will come up again that we can experience every then and now in the game as well and here it would require that Split would re-implement the Clan-instances for the R5 planets to prevent such things from happening.
It´s not just about reading and "directly" have your answer rdy it´s also reading between/after the lines to see if the possible issue is already pointed out as well and as it clearly can be seen i already have pointed out that the Siri planet will be swarmed BUT i have no real solution how Split could/should deal with that aside from eventually re-implementing the instances or take the other suggestion into account to make the BP overhaul exclusive to the R5 BPs.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Vesperion said:
It´s good to see Fission that the Copy/Paste block about the Siri system is always at your disposal cus i remember to have seen it a few times already :LOL:

Regardless of that i find it interesting that it feels for me like you just overlooked the suggestion and directly pointed out an issue that i already have shown up in my own post and to quote myself here.
Sadly its not a copy-paste :D , but its my opinion, i've read all the suggestion, but for me, the downside its too big ;)

TarryBark

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Playername
Rank
Sirius ships normally drops once a month, knowing that sirius is a "random" (with some algorithms) systems, getting those ships in less than a month (if you are unlucky) its not that painful, even more comparing it to the previous versions where ships could drop only once in 2 years.
Unfortunately some players see it differently. This random dependency is one of the reasons why the game is stopped. People don't want to wait a whole month or more until a ship might fall and it's not even certain that a ship will fall by then. The fact that it was more difficult then will not exactly help me now to get people back or to become more active again.

I can understand the members. I have an equipped Sirius spacecraft. All slots from 1 to 8 are occupied by Ring 5 technology and another Sirius ship is available in the hangar. However, I have no way to play Tau Ceti Content because the system forces the player back to Sirius to search for parts that are of no interest to Tau Ceti. For example ALL Sirius ships, so you can build Tau Ceti ships. Or find a blaster or repair Droid even though you already have another Ring 5 variant built into your ship.

These are artificial barriers that are not necessary. They ruin the fun of the game and make me lose people. The members do not take part in this. You stop playing and find something else.

If a spaceship is dropped once a month, it may be the wrong spaceship. Or it may be that no spaceship is dropped at all. How long do you expect me to keep searching for ships until I'm allowed to go to Tau Ceti? Half a year, a whole year? Without all ships = No Tau Ceti spaceship.

There is no need to search further in Sirius with a finished Sirius spacecraft with Ring 5 technology. The correct place to start would be Tau Ceti. Venar units of the first stage will be destroyed without problems. New technology is found. Instead I should stay in Sirius for months and hope to get lucky and get the right blueprints thrown by chance? If you didn't have to search for months for this stuff and the thing was done within 1-2 weeks, it wouldn't be an issue, But like this?

I myself can partly cope with it. But there are players who don't see it in such a moderate way and leave the game. Almost all clans force new members to install external communication software. I don't blame the game for that. However, your system destroys my clan and causes me to lose people. And this is a serious problem.

It's damn hard to find a new fleet that doesn't require and force new players to install external programs. And if the clan has collapsed and I can't find a new fleet, I might as well quit the game. Because without a fleet, we can't go on. I suffer from social phobia, it's a medical condition. Because of a traumatic event in my past. I can only access the chat. I have health problems if I have to use Language Chat. It's fine for you if you can use it, I can't. That's also the reason why I will never force players to do so and that's something that distinguishes us from many clans.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
TarryBark said:
To be fair the only reason Split did implement that kind of artifical barrier is that in theory "you never have to visit Sirius in order to unlock TC".

The missions you have to do to unlock TC only "suggest" the tech you should have at that point but nowadays with lots of Pilots having the R5 Tech already "pusching" a Pilot to TC is no real issue anymore and every now and then i see Pilots that have either just the R4 tech in their ships installed but already roam around in TC.

Siri was more or less an "timefiller" system with no real story in it to keep Pilots busy while Split was working on TC and it took them way to long and in combination with the Decry system they implemented the jump between Drac --> TC is now the bottleneck Split did create by an more or less purpose.

On one side i can understand that Split might not consider another change to the decry system what TC Tech belongs cus Pilots had to deal with the very same issue like you have while others did continue to play over the years it took until TC got it´s update for an proper system with an storyline.

I could even live with a change in the decry system if Split would say that we don´t need any Siri related BP BUT in order to decry the new ships/tech we need to have completed the lower tech of the system before we can decry the next tier and finally the planet ship (Symbolic-->Perc-->Venar ships, Multi-->Modal-->New Earth Ships, Neural-->DR-->Calon Ships).

For me personaly it wouldn´t change anything now anymore cus i luckily did finish the Siri hunt but it still is a tedious task that not really gives any "fullfillment" once completed cus more or less it´s a forced one rather then "cus i want".

LilSleezy

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
covalchuk
Rank
here is my first write in the forum since I started playing this game in 2013 and quitting a lot of times.

I think the decryption system is a very good implementation of the game from vega to Draconis but it need a very good revision for tau Ceti and Sirius. I know there is no decryption system in Sirius but what if there was one and could make it easier and faster to unlock tau Ceti bps?

Here is my idea. since there is a lot of bps in Sirius it just makes no sense for the variants of every bps to be a new tech from the ancient units since its the exact same bp of the balanced one just with a different cooldown and firepower, the variants should be humans modified tech from the known ancient bps. so what if we remove all the variants from r5 pool and make a new system for it since we need the balanced ancient bps to unlock the symbolic bps in Venar? The balanced bps don't need to be decrypted but the variants yes we could implement a new currency that could be used to unlock the variants. the currency could be dropping from the bosses or of every units in r5.
So techs dropping from weak units need less of that currency to be unlocked and more and more for the techs dropping from stronger units. all these variant will need a r3, r4 or both tech to be unlocked too so the lower rings could be useful so clans will need to go back in the lower rings to unlock variants bps but that's not a problem since then there are fewer bps in r5 rotation or instead of adding a new currency we could just be collecting the same balanced bps a good number of times to unlock the variants but lower rings bps will still be needed to unlock the variants so that mean the bps in r5 will no longer be able to give us energy anymore. The same with lower systems bps, but we just need to have the Sirius tech of the same bp instead for unlocking it, so the new currency or collecting the same bps over and over again

and we can all see that there is a lot of lower system bps and sirius is just like 14% of all those systems and its just a lot of pain for all of us to get the right bps and the right variants a lot of player will quit again after the quarantine end and im sure of it this game is time based and not effort based and need a real change

Attachments