Getagripx

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Getagripx
Rank
Hello everyone!
I realise this might be a difficult goal to achieve due to the limitations of the technologies used to first develop the game but I wish to inquire about the possibility of doing something about the distance at which other players' ships render on our screens (especially Vega and Antares ships).
It is rather annoying to have somebody just magically pop into existence while fighting an opposing player on a CQ planet and often times making bad judgement calls because of our inability to properly assess the situation around us.

P.S. I understand most (if not all of the focus) is now on TC4 and rightly so. I am merely asking if there is anything that could be done in the future to address the aforementioned issue as it would be greatly appreciated by those of us that enjoy doing conquests.
Best regards!

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
On Conquest planets the distance until a player ship is published has been greatly increased for the Conquest update. Not sure why it sometimes still takes to long for the player ships to appear. Note that this also might be related to the connection that the object is loaded later as it should be.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I´m no expert as well but depending on how the game handles the "FoV"(?) and maybe prioritizes what is in front of our view rather then what maybe is happening left/right/behind us for the loading?

It could also be the connection and this is a part that SSG can not controll no matter how well they would optimize everything and according to my experience for some reason PvP planets always seem to struggle with loading what may be related to the amount of players on the planet at the same time along with more calculations.

The_Ghost

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AdvancedMine99
Rank
Clan
Mantis
Who doesn't like being shot at by someone who has not rendered for you or anyone else near you? :ROFLMAO: