Regarding the "Greater viewing distance of higher-quality LOD geometry objects"

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
So... i don´t know why but this particular change now results in a somewhat strange view on a planet.
greater viewing distance.jpg

I mean... it is nice that i now can see nearly to whole fauna and flora... and bones accross the planet but still units that are "more then 10 pixels" away from me can still pop up out of nowhere. So yeah... playing on Ultra seems for me currently like not really worth activating it if it just allows me to see decorative stuff until the end of the planet :unsure:

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
So... i don´t know why but this particular change now results in a somewhat strange view on a planet.
View attachment 50777

I mean... it is nice that i now can see nearly to whole fauna and flora... and bones accross the planet but still units that are "more then 10 pixels" away from me can still pop up out of nowhere. So yeah... playing on Ultra seems for me currently like not really worth activating it if it just allows me to see decorative stuff until the end of the planet :unsure:
it looks not good on every planet if the fauna and flora are just like you showed upon the sky for ne reason - theres a cut betweeen the surface. so it looks not that good.

but calon looks very good and in- and out zoom in freecam is impressive, you see every detail and the graphic looks much smoother and these ugly edges are not a problem anymore. i think this is a big jump for pg, perhaps the fsp could be more stable.

low graphic stun turrets on calon

low.png

middle and high graphic are the same
high and middle.png

but ultra gives another boost, look at the edges and how smooth it looks
ultra.png

calon middle graphics
calon middle-min.png

calon high graphics, both are a lot better than before, or am i blinded by the lights? lol
calon high-min.png

you will see in the ultra variant more details, i like it, but it need a few adjustments in his performance
calon ultra-min.png

they upgraded the graphic bar again, i like it :)

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
it looks not good on every planet if the fauna and flora are just like you showed upon the sky for ne reason - theres a cut betweeen the surface. so it looks not that good.

but calon looks very good and in- and out zoom in freecam is impressive, you see every detail and the graphic looks much smoother and these ugly edges are not a problem anymore. i think this is a big jump for pg, perhaps the fsp could be more stable.

low graphic stun turrets on calon

View attachment 50779

middle and high graphic are the same
View attachment 50780

but ultra gives another boost, look at the edges and how smooth it looks
View attachment 50781

calon middle graphics
View attachment 50782

calon high graphics, both are a lot better than before, or am i blinded by the lights? lol
View attachment 50783

you will see in the ultra variant more details, i like it, but it need a few adjustments in his performance
View attachment 50784

they upgraded the graphic bar again, i like it :)
just like on the stun turrets ...
travel middle and high graphics.png

ultra performs very well
travel ultra graphics.png

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
I'd like to mention that when I turn the "ultra" mode my game is turning with litteraly 40-50fps. My game is running in both my CPU and GPU (i5 and 1050 ti). Another friend with a RTX 3070 is having the same issue!
(Fullscreen & windowed mode = 40-50fps)

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
I'd like to mention that when I turn the "ultra" mode my game is turning with litteraly 40-50fps. My game is running in both my CPU and GPU (i5 and 1050 ti). Another friend with a RTX 3070 is having the same issue!
i have the same system as a gaming notebook from acer and same issue

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
i wont use it for the gameplay, but for recording it is more than an upgrade. as i said it need a few adjustment to full-fill the performance. and on some planets the ultra settings doesnt look good, as Vesperion showed us, i ve seen this in sirius too. the flora etc are like cutted from the surfrace and hanging in the sky. i dont like this but it depends in which view you see it.

i will upgrade my nvidia driver tomorrow to see if i get better results for the performance, but i dont think so. i must reduce the quality for the performance to use the ultra settings.

imagine you have this situation on a planet with 15+ pilots and active units. the fps drop would be massive. i only traveled with the freecam and the fps was dropped to ~44. anyway it looks good, we have to admire that. i wonder how the performance work out for the devs after they decided to make this update live and what system requirements this game actually needs.

i started pg with the amd athlon 64 3500+ with igpu in the mainboard from ati and 2 or 3 gb ram. it worked fine back then but i never cared about the performance. then again i played on a i3 with nvidia 610m it was a massive improvement with 4 gb ram. than i dropped a little bit, but this one had an ssd 8 gb ram and the and a6 7310 with boost and the r4 radeon graphic. still did a good job, but never used high settings. sirius was a master of fps drops back than. now my gaming notebook keeps everything 'okish'. i5 with boost and 1050ti and 8 gb ram, ssd

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
imagine you have this situation on a planet with 15+ pilots and active units. the fps drop would be massive
Well i don´t really need to imagine this as i remember the (very) old CQ times where it gave no restriction on how many pilots could land on a planet. In the absolut peek times we did have CQs of 70-100 Pilots and the lag was insane until the game could catch up again to see what side did win the battle in the clash :sweatgrinning: .

Shugoki

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
GoCryInUrNightmares
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
Do you have this issue on every planet?
Try deactivating hyperthreading/multithreading in the Nvidia Control-Panel.
It helped me from having 40-50 FPS on Calon and EiU and still performs very well.
And try to set everything to „performance“ in the settings.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Yes there is an issue with the "Ultra" video setting that caused to much load on the CPU on planets with vegetation assets. Fix is in the works.

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
Do you have this issue on every planet?
Try deactivating hyperthreading/multithreading in the Nvidia Control-Panel.
It helped me from having 40-50 FPS on Calon and EiU and still performs very well.
And try to set everything to „performance“ in the settings.
When you say "hyperthreading/multithreading" you mean this?

1645014706716.png

Edit: I tried what you said, and it's getting worse now I got 30 FPS. xD

Shugoki

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
GoCryInUrNightmares
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
When you say "hyperthreading/multithreading" you mean this?

View attachment 50791

Edit: I tried what you said, and it's getting worse now I got 30 FPS. xD
oof.
Try texture filtering - quality to high performance.

If that doesn't help either, its may a problem with the launcher, but honestly after this won't help, i dont know how to help you further XD

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
in my opinion the ultra graphics still need a lot of improvement and in my opinion on some planets you can't see much difference between high and ultra in my opinion you could beautify the older planets a little more add some vegetation on the rocks etc some moss only two planets look better calon and venar on which you can see a big difference and on other systems you can't see much difference except for e.g. nicer, a little corrected edges of the mountains you could still beautify the older planets visually improve them to be more vivid I know that probably would need a lot of work but I hope that the graphics ultra will be improved and that there will be added more effects on other systems greetings

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I think in regards of the settings PGs has the most simplified version i know as we only have the option Low, Medium, High and now Ultra.

Maybe it´s just me or i´m more used to have a array of options where i can individually select what i wanna have. For example i don´t really care for the vegetation that is 5km away from my current location while i would prefer a higher visible range of units in my FoV. I think that some of those whole lag issue may be able to solve when players could get a wider range of options to select from rather then predefining it already.

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
oof.
Try texture filtering - quality to high performance.

If that doesn't help either, its may a problem with the launcher, but honestly after this won't help, i dont know how to help you further XD
Still the same thing, thanks anyway ;)

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
I think in regards of the settings PGs has the most simplified version i know as we only have the option Low, Medium, High and now Ultra.

Maybe it´s just me or i´m more used to have a array of options where i can individually select what i wanna have. For example i don´t really care for the vegetation that is 5km away from my current location while i would prefer a higher visible range of units in my FoV. I think that some of those whole lag issue may be able to solve when players could get a wider range of options to select from rather then predefining it already.
More useful will be have options on/off for fog,ashes,fire and like you say long distance XD

Also quality for objects map,own ship,other ships,drones visible on/off

Pg need a lot options to not look as a alfa test game.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Floating vegetation assets and peformance issue should be fixed with the hotfix: