What's new

Public Test: PVP Overhaul Part 1 "Has Ended"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narokath

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Hello Space Pirates!

pheew it looks like we are finally getting the complex PVP balancing ready for release ^^ . Along with the added Features & Improvements we fixed a lot of old bugs that required our attention due to the relationship to the PVP Overhaul Update. Unfortunately it was also required to streamline some PVE values of ships and items so that they follow a consistent system to be able to handle them in PVP properly.
Read up the preliminary changelog below, to know what changes are coming and should be tested during the test public phase.

See: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=513&t=40082

16:00 CST on Tuesday, February 21, the Public PTR server be open and run for about several days. Details on how to connect to the PTR server will be posted in this topic when the test will start.

READ BEFORE JOINING THE TEST:

• The PTR ("Public Test Realm") is exclusively used for testing. It has a separate copy of the live data of the "Askone" server. D
  • NOTHING you do on the PTR will carry over to your live character/gamestate on Askone (selling items, spending Gold Coins, etc).
  • Once the PTR is running, NOTHING you do on Askone will automatically carry over to the PTR.
  • Even after the PTR closes, nothing of the progress you made there will carry over to Askone.
  • The PTR test server only works with Splitscreen Games accounts.
    Due to technical reasons, Accounts created through other login partners (e.g. Facebook) cannot be used.
  • Set the ingame language to "English" since most of the time translations are not ready during testing.

We will post an update in this topic when the server is open and you can start to post your testing bugs & feedback here.

Spanish translation.
German translation.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
This topic will be unlocked/opened when the public test will start. Its the place to post feedback and bugs that you encounter during testing.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
The PTR server is now open for public testing. You can login with your Splitscreen account through http://ptr.pirategalaxy.com

The GM team will help out on giving out blueprints etc., but for that you need to join the GM Support Chat. Since its done by hand it might take some time until you are on the line. Until then you can start testing out the balance in Vega etc.

Please post your feedback & bugs from the public test here on this topic.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
The loading screen takes more than a while or that's just me.

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
Hmm. PTR doesn't work for me atm. I can't get into loggin screen. Just loading and then the internet troubleshoot window comes up. And doesn't do anything further from there.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
there is a problem with how my ship moves.

Narokath

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
LimitedHansen said:
Hmm. PTR doesn't work for me atm. I can't get into loggin screen. Just loading and then the internet troubleshoot window comes up. And doesn't do anything further from there.
Please try again, PTR should be much more responsive now.

flyfighter

Reaction score
- Stunns dont work indeed
- keep getting stuck in loadscreen
- Ships turn invis
- Vega ships can pod sirius ships ( damange and armor in pvp are higher)

skyslide

Reaction score
- Stunns dont work indeed

stuns works as they should do, i dislike the new balance about stunts but they work like the devs wanted

flyfighter

Reaction score
stuns works as they should do, i dislike the new balance about stunts but they work like the devs wanted
and whats that dont stunn at all?

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
i saw a pilot with the landing protection still showing in orbit.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Tau ceti type bps popped up when i went to the tau ceti hangar.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Repeat, there is a problem with our ship movement.

nemesis1900

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
nemesis1900
Rank
Clan
Hades
With the medical ship, I can repair enemies in pirate mode, without me being in that mode.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Please collect your feedback and bugs and try to post them at a summarised form. thx ^^

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
Been in orbit of Colossus for around 30min just to observe. Got some goodies for your Devs. ;)

- Pressing 'F7', the game freezes, Orbit OST still playing. (Had to close Java client).
- Seeing another player with Landing protection on, heading from Orbit to Surface.
- Pod cryonite penalty showing in orbit. Stuck position. Player's ships travel as normal while cryonite is moving along with the planet's orbit.

- Another player purchase Amplifier with gold, can hear reward sound and particle effect around his/her ship.
- PvP Combat particle effects visible in orbit.
- Visible player with 'RDX-05 Marlstone' ship. Combat actions is visible in orbit. Shield, Speed Actuator, Afterburner, Repair droid. Also Health Status was updating as normal from orbit. Loosing/gaining health.
(Probably on surface of Colossus doing PvP but was visible from orbit).

This is what i got so far this evening. Have a good one! :)

Geer99

Reaction score
Hi, I Can Repair enemy players, Or friends who are in red mode and i'm not, and vice versa. I could be repaired by a player that i see red. I Notice that Bug using de RDX-04 Onyx Marble. :| :|

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
LimitedHansen said:
- Visible player with 'RDX-05 Marlstone' ship. Combat actions is visible in orbit. Shield, Speed Actuator, Afterburner, Repair droid. Also Health Status was updating as normal from orbit. Loosing/gaining health.
(Probably on surface of Colossus doing PvP but was visible from orbit).
That probably was me, someone told me i got cloned while i was fighting on colossus xD
I'd add:
  • Pod in orbit after lagdeath (getting killed while laggy, no pod appears, f5) or after coming back from the hangar
  • Invisible guys on colossus (but still fightable) and vénar (unlockable, unhittable). Got myself invisible to my squad after travelling from vénar to gazi, but i could still see my ship, unlike what happened on colossus.
  • Stuns and thermo getting random. Sometime 2 identical ships use strong stun on each other, one get stuck, the other has 10% stun effect. Same with thermo. Happened with long stuns too.
  • Turrets having epicly high HP.
  • Attack Droids being oneshot.
  • White people able to give items to anyone who's white, and to some red peoples too.

Status
Not open for further replies.