What's new

Profanity Filter

.Obnokshuhs.

Reaction score
As myself and other pilots share this opinion I decided to put in here as a suggestion.

One of the leading reasons pilots are muted is due to language used by said pilots - This being full words, acronyms and other possible offensive words, As this language is vary rarely used towards other pilots and more in a rant or general context conversation i see it fit that we have the right to use such as words we please.

However that's not to say I expect you just allow us to use such profanity, and that's where the filter comes into play with a few rules!

Starting with if this was to be implemented, it would be able to be toggled on/off in the settings by the user - as not everyone would use it or want to see the words but rather than *'s you could implement the use of replacement words like planetside 2 - Their profanity filter uses words from their own game so... (mind the language) instead of someone saying "f**k" it would replace the profanity with "Araxis" instead, Thus the younger players not being aware that it is replacing a vulgar word. in Pirate Galaxy's case it would say "pyro" however this is purely by example.

Now I know that there are some players under the age of 16 meaning that profanity is not the best thing for them to see that is where the profanity filter comes into play with it being toggled on by default in the settings. if a user wishes to see profanity's spoken in chat than it would be by their own choice! and therefore if they happen to be offended by such words it would be through their own choices alone meaning that GM's will not have to deal with this type of situation and can simply say "turn the profanity filter on" - Users will also be prompted with a warning when turning off the profanity filter with something along the lines of the following:

"I agree that by turning off this profanity filter, That I may see offensive and explicit content in the form of text through the global chat, This is by my own choice to see such content and agree that any offence caused is not the responsibility of Split-screen studios"

With this new rules would be in place - Just like the noob podding rule users will no longer be able to make complaints about language used just as they used to make complaints about noob podding. however they will also not be aloud to use such language towards GM's in the form of a personal attack. with this GM's will still be able to police chat and sanction players being rude and vulgar towards them. but in the same sense save the GM's a lot of work regarding how people talk in the global chat, making players much happier and less cautious and making the GM's jobs much easier and more focused towards superior issues / query's.

This is only a suggestion for now, however i encourage anyone who agrees to leave a comment on this thread! just so the devs get a good idea of how many people would like this to be put in place also - suggestions and tweaks are welcome as if we can between us make this a better system i feel it would have more drive and reasoning to be implemented.

Signed .Obnokshuhs.

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
I Didn't read it all , but i was always having this in my mind , so im agreed.

Jessica2k9

Reaction score
I've said for many years a profanity filter that you could toggle on / off was needed along with the lift of international users not being able to use their native language in chat.

But..... we are told international users can switch to another server to use native chat, that's all well and good but SS are shutting down servers and portals as time goes on so more and more are moving to Askone.

I say more the merrier :) but don't single them out, they have a right to speak their own tongue just like anyone else, to restrict this is simply discriminative and an unfair rule, much like the profanity use, should be permitted... just enable filter by default.

Cheers!

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Jessica2k9 said:
But..... we are told international users can switch to another server to use native chat, that's all well and good but SS are shutting down servers and portals as time goes on so more and more are moving to Askone.

Cheers!
When exactly a server was shut down xddd??? also gaia is full of people so idk if people is moving to askone.