Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hello community of Pirate Galaxy!

I didn't make the episode of the feedback series for quite a long time in my channel, however this time i would like to summarize the Conquest topic on it.

Please tell me here then, what is your feedback on current CQ mechanics after all these changes that happened across this year. I will then collect all of these and prepare some nice content for you to watch. All experience are welcome, so from PvE, PvP oriented players, noobs and even GMs or Devs. How the game have changed thanks to the Conquest Renewal update? There we go!

I am looking forward for amazing comments on the topic!

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
Hey Raven & everyone,

Nice to heard that you are gonna make a new episode of "Pirate's Voice" ;).

I got some feedbacks about all the changes of CQ's:
- The rework of CQ is on the whole very well accepted in my server. However, in my humble opinion, conquests have a % RNG, such as zones that activate and then heat up. It happened to me that in a CQ a zone remained activated for a very long time with a lot of ores. I've also seen zones activate just as enemies passed by (you'll tell me that's RNG so it's okay.):p

- The delay in which we can land after the start of a conquest is too short in my humble opinion. I can explain, even if on the PTR public test we saw that some clans were waiting in orbit for the enemy clan to land on the planet to change ships, I completely understand the choice to put a delay but 1min30 (except if it has changed xd) is too short. It happens to everyone to have unforeseen events or a internet blackout or a bug... at the beginning of the CQ and thus to have to be absent for eg: 3-4min (depends on the unforeseen event). And this penalize his entire clan for it because they will have to face the enemy with one less player. So I think that you should change the delay to maybe 5-6min.

Personnal suggestion:
- I think that it would be necessary to put a system of conquests exclusively with golds and exclusively with ancients items in a random way but well this system would be complicated to set up and it would be necessary that players equips their ships with configs Golds/Ancients. But I prefer to put this suggestion here

I am personally very satisfied with the rework because it was well needed, the change from 10 to 30 tickets is perfect as well as the reduced registration time.

Kind regards,
Eredin

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Heya, first off the important point in the new cq is that "kills" means nothing. sure we need active pilots to get the full bonus of 5/5 players. otherwise we will get only the bonus for 3 active players e.g 2 players not active 3/5.

goal is to collect as much ore as the other clan. sure there is pvp action, but most clans use 1 or 2 players to collect ores.

in my eyes the new cq looks like 'ressource war' on sirius.

it would be better if kills gets rewards too. e.g you kill more than the other clan, but you only get around 30 ores and the other clan that are focused on collecting has up to 90 ore..

next problem: the landing zone. sometimes everyone lands in the enemie area or far away from his squads. what if that clans could randomly land in nearby energyfields together so that they can prepare for battle and active ore zones. clan a in energyfield a and clan b in energyfield b.

avoid two squads: sometimes we get 6v6 or 8v8 and we have to create two squads. would it not better to expand the cq squads up to 10 pilots?

Vishnu

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
V15HY
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
Hi everyone
First of all I would like to say, big ups to the dev team since this CQ rework was a massive improvement to the earlier version:D.

I can only think of few changes that would improve the overall quality, Firstly I think that the players when killed drop way too less ores according to how much they have collected. For example some players may have 10 ores collected and may only drop 1 or 2 when killed. If the ore drop from killed players would increase this would encourage more confrontation with the enemy clan instead of running or simply collecting the ores.

Secondly I suggest a way for clan members who were excluded from CQ (because enemy clan didn't have same amount of pilots enlisted) or all clan members in general to be able to spectate the CQ in orbit from their respective clans POV. I had suggested this idea before and my clan mate Getagripx had made a very well written post on the same.

Lastly I think that players should not be able to remat on the same spot after podding. So hear me out, some players can purchase energy during cq with gold and remat on the spot which gives an advantage to that side and can make the fights tilt in their favor thus making it P2W. What I suggest is that players after being killed can only remat back to landing zone, on their squad leader or can be directly materialized by use of engineers. This ensures fairness and enables players to plan their fights strategically in order to avoid being killed.

That's it for my feedback, Thank you for taking the time to read thus far:).
Warm Regards
Vishnu

Getagripx

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Getagripx
Rank
Personnal suggestion:
- I think that it would be necessary to put a system of conquests exclusively with golds and exclusively with ancients items in a random way but well this system would be complicated to set up and it would be necessary that players equips their ships with configs Golds/Ancients. But I prefer to put this suggestion here

I am personally very satisfied with the rework because it was well needed, the change from 10 to 30 tickets is perfect as well as the reduced registration time.
I don't think such a separation is a good idea, the ancient items take a long time to obtain and I believe we shouldn't be restricted to using rare tech after spending much time and effort into getting the ancient versions. We SHOULD have an advantage if we took the time to grind for them.

I can only think of few changes that would improve the overall quality, Firstly I think that the players when killed drop way too less ores according to how much they have collected. For example some players may have 10 ores collected and may only drop 1 or 2 when killed. If the ore drop from killed players would increase this would encourage more confrontation with the enemy clan instead of running or simply collecting the ores.
While I am one of the biggest proponents of more PvP action in CQs, I am not entirely convinced this change would yield the results we are looking for. Yes, enemy players dropping more ores does incentivise more direct confrontation but it also entails more time spent on collecting dropped ores (as opposed to ores inside the areas). I wouldn't complain if the change was made though, let's see how it affects our gameplay :LOL:

Lastly I think that players should not be able to remat on the same spot after podding. So hear me out, some players can purchase energy during cq with gold and remat on the spot which gives an advantage to that side and can make the fights tilt in their favor thus making it P2W. What I suggest is that players after being killed can only remat back to landing zone, on their squad leader or can be directly materialized by use of engineers. This ensures fairness and enables players to plan their fights strategically in order to avoid being killed.
I have mixed feelings about this because on the one hand you are right, it will make the fights more strategic and players will have to be more careful but on the other hand this change would mean more travel time and less PvP :unsure:

The one change I would personally like to see is an increase in the severity of the penalty for clans that fail to turn up to CQs (fail to bring 5 or more players to enlist). The clans that pay and then don't show up only serve to lock our tickets and render them useless until the CQ time passes and I believe they should be punished by something along the lines of a 1 month ban from all CQs (render them unable to pay at all) as they are incredibly obnoxious and annoying.

Vishnu

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
V15HY
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
I have mixed feelings about this because on the one hand you are right, it will make the fights more strategic and players will have to be more careful but on the other hand this change would mean more travel time and less PvP :unsure:
Idk how is travel time affected since 80% players dont really remat on the spot. But those players who do, tend to be from clans with smaller number of players in which case even a single extra player alive would change the result of the fight. My intention with this idea was for the fights to be as fair as possible.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Thanks for this topic @Poland and the posted feedback/critique. :)

I think many of the "not so ideal things" that where mentioned here have adjusted in todays update. I hope it will be more strategic with less rng and overall more fun to play. We still have some stuff remaining we want to improve but we want to see first how these fresh changes will play out.

Iron Black

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
iron black
Rank
Clan
Tropa de Elite Kps
Is it possible to get gravitons out of the CQ?

Vishnu

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
V15HY
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
Hello @Highway
There is another issue in the cq system that has to be improved. It is regarding the minimum players needed for enlist. I suggest an increase in minimum players required from 5 pilots to 7 or 8. This would make the gameplay more enjoyable as a 5v5 has become boring and would also let more players participate since a lot of players are left out from cqs.