What's new

New ship class/sub class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midget_Topaz

Reaction score
I've designed a new class of ship/ sub class called the Ram Tank.
The only thing that makes it similar to the normal tank is its strong armour.
It has 4 new ability's to replace the tanks normal ability's, they are:-
Bombard Cannon - Fires 3-5 small explosive's at the enemy ship, Smaller explosions than a tanks agrrobomb but still as powerful.

Ram Attack - The ship accelerates and crashes into the enemy ship at high speed (can only be used on a target and not as a 2nd afterburner.

Mines - Drops a small mine that charges up over a few seconds and then explodes (does alot of damage but has a small range.

Charged Hull - For use before using the ram attack, the hull of the ship charges up with energy and when the ship collides with the enemy ship it discharges causing greater damage.

The ship isent much to look at, but after crashing into mantis ships it can only be expected :mrorange: . Let me know what you think and any ideas about the design or the tech is very welcome :D

Attachments

godman

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
godman
Rank
Yeah realy good idea

Midget_Topaz

Reaction score
I've now designed another new class/sub class of ship, a new engineer that specializes in energy.
It similar to the engineer as it is a small ship and is fast. But also still has weak armour.
As it specializes in energy it has equipment that deals with energy, they are:-
Energy Field Collector - This allows the ship to collect more than one energy orb at one time and is the fastest way to collect energy.

Energy transfer- The energy engineer uses this to supply allied ships with energy in combat and can also be used as a weapon against enemy's by overloading them with energy.

Blaster repel Field - This acts as a shield against blasters as it is charged in a certain way that blaster fire is repelled away from the ship so the field cannot be damaged like a normal shield. But this only works for blasters and no other weapon.

Energy drain - This technology literally drains the energy from the enemy ship to the engineer, this slows down a mantis's ship and depletes a enemy pilots supply of energy.

I've tried to be as original as possible with this ship and tried to keep it balanced as it has a very desirable piece of technology that collect energy very fast. lemme know what you think :).

Attachments

defacto

Reaction score
Thats a good idea... spilt up the classes into many different ships!

I came with some ideas here...

Mothership types

Frigatte:

~400 Health
1: Sniper Blaster
2,3,4 Normal
5: Blaster Battery (turrets, can be turned on and off, and attacks everything that attacks you)
6: Rocket
7: Rocket (again)
8: Shield

~520 Health
Cruiser
1,2,3,4 Normal
5: Shield
6: Launch Strike Drones (like attack droens, but many more)
7: Rockets
8: Speed Actuator

~600 Health
Heavy Gunship

1,2,3 normal (no blaster)
4: Sniper Blaster
5: Sniper Blaster (again)
6: Rockets
7: Aggrobomb
8: Shield

Storm Types

~13 Health
Assault Fighter

1,2,3,4 normal
5: Rockets
6: Aim comp
7: Perforator
8: Speed Actuator

~15 Health (and a bit slower)
Heavy striker

1,2,3,4 Normal
5: Thermoblast
6: Perforator
7: Shield
8: Aggrobomb

~11 Health (and a bit faster)
Light Striker

1,2,3,4 Normal
5: Speed Actuator
6: Rockets
7: Thermoblast
8: Protector

pbhuh

Reaction score
Midget_Topaz said:
I've now designed another new class/sub class of ship, a new engineer that specializes in energy.
It similar to the engineer as it is a small ship and is fast. But also still has weak armour.
As it specializes in energy it has equipment that deals with energy, they are:-
Energy Field Collector - This allows the ship to collect more than one energy orb at one time and is the fastest way to collect energy.

Energy transfer- The energy engineer uses this to supply allied ships with energy in combat and can also be used as a weapon against enemy's by overloading them with energy.

Blaster repel Field - This acts as a shield against blasters as it is charged in a certain way that blaster fire is repelled away from the ship so the field cannot be damaged like a normal shield. But this only works for blasters and no other weapon.

Energy drain - This technology literally drains the energy from the enemy ship to the engineer, this slows down a mantis's ship and depletes a enemy pilots supply of energy.

I've tried to be as original as possible with this ship and tried to keep it balanced as it has a very desirable piece of technology that collect energy very fast. lemme know what you think :).
Hey you stole my idea oof a energy ship, lol ^^ :mrorange: :D

spacepirate20

Reaction score
Midget_Topaz said:
I've designed a new class of ship/ sub class called the Ram Tank.
The only thing that makes it similar to the normal tank is its strong armour.
It has 4 new ability's to replace the tanks normal ability's, they are:-
Bombard Cannon - Fires 3-5 small explosive's at the enemy ship, Smaller explosions than a tanks agrrobomb but still as powerful.

Ram Attack - The ship accelerates and crashes into the enemy ship at high speed (can only be used on a target and not as a 2nd afterburner.

Mines - Drops a small mine that charges up over a few seconds and then explodes (does alot of damage but has a small range.

Charged Hull - For use before using the ram attack, the hull of the ship charges up with energy and when the ship collides with the enemy ship it discharges causing greater damage.

The ship isent much to look at, but after crashing into mantis ships it can only be expected :mrorange: . Let me know what you think and any ideas about the design or the tech is very welcome :D
Fanstastic Idea :)

pbhuh

Reaction score
it is not exact the same but:
http://forum.pirategalaxy.net/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=157

S

stimo

defacto your idee's are already in use on the online game ******** you got there frigate,cruiser,commander ship and more stuff and if you wanna use that PG need to pay to **** to use it. So not a good idee

defacto

Reaction score
stimo said:
defacto your idee's are already in use on the online ****''' online you got there frigate,cruiser,commander ship and more stuff and if you wanna use that PG need to pay to ******* to use it. So not a good idee
What about the assault fighter then? ^^

godman

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
godman
Rank
Yeah great Pbhuh

Status
Not open for further replies.