What's new

New RDX ship ideas

dijar

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
dijar
Rank
Hello everyone,

I would like to share with you some ideas i have for 2 new RDX ships that can be released on the upcoming RDX events. These ships use some TC items that weren't used in prototype ships before and never received that much attention, which are : Corruption Cloud, Allies Cover and Damage Inverter. The idea for this is to bring more play styles and strategies to TC and bring more attention to tanks and support ships in general. So the 2 ships are a tank and a support, RDX-10 Amethyst and RDX-11 Jade.

RDX-10 Amethyst
The Amethyst is a tank-support hybrid which mainly focuses on suppressing enemy firepower and has overall great survivability making it one of the tankiest ships in the game.
  1. Blaster
  2. Collector
  3. Repair Droid
  4. Afterburner
  5. Shield
  6. Protector
  7. Allies Cover
  8. Corruption Cloud
RDX-11 Jade
Jade is a support healer ship that offers incredible healing powers to allies and also has a lot of self-sustaining abilities which allows it to remain in the fight for long periods of time.
  1. Blaster
  2. Collector
  3. Repair Droid
  4. Afterburner
  5. Repair Target
  6. Repair Field
  7. Repair Turret
  8. Damage Inverter
I believe both of them would be a great addition to the game and could fit pretty well with the current TC story missions.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
In terms of the RDX-10 Idea i think it might be used more then the Wolf itself thx to the CC but the Allies Cover at the current points seems "useless" cus from Pilots i heared that it has no real effect or it shows at least "none" so the Hawk would still be the better option cus of CC, Mine, ADroid and RF. Your Idea would more focus around the "Damage Sponge" what is fine but considering the current Aggro Mechanic it would be more the "last ship standing" after all dmg dealers/engies have been taken down.

The RDX-11 would be the "Aggro Beacon" of the team then in considering how much Aggro healing/Support does create in compare to damage so i think it might be the 1st ship that goes into pod if using all healing stuff at the same time and di might not last long enough so that the last reliance is the RTurr for it.

Tbh i can understand that many pilots see the AB being a "main component" but the Para did show and proof already that an AB isn´t always needed if played correctly so if the new RDX ships would lack the AB i wouldn´t miss it when as payoff another item can be installed for it.

This is why i still hope that at some point the RDX - Prototype might be a thing to consider