Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
Hello everyone,

All of this is non-official stuff made by myself just to show my idea.

I hope that you're all well. Today I want to share with you something that I did some time ago.

1st, let me introduce you the topic. The game menu; a lot of you maybe like the game menu, from my point of view, the menu should show more about the game content. When you start the game, you skip the menu because you want to play the game obviously, but that could be good that when players open the menu they say "wow, the game still has content".

So, to kinda like show you my idea I made this menu model. I want to point that I can make this structure evolve.
I need also your opinion(s) on that!

Thanks for reading this,
Kind regards

PS: Merry christmas for those who celebrate it and happy holidays (take care;))

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Well for me the switch between the clips is a bit "to quick" and i would say maybe give each clip 10-15 seconds maybe and eventually a "fade-out/in transition to the next clip" where i assume with the right set of skill you can make it pretty fluent so that it starts with the phoenix, goes into a vega ship, then antares, and so on and with different scenarios (flying; combat; chilling in an E-field with a nice view; etc.).

So as i see the clip right now a bit "to much that shows to less" imo what could make it hard to follow. For the rest of eventual ideas i need to start my "thinking engine" to see if i can come up with anything else :sweatgrinning:

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Hello everyone,

All of this is non-official stuff made by myself just to show my idea.

I hope that you're all well. Today I want to share with you something that I did some time ago.

1st, let me introduce you the topic. The game menu; a lot of you maybe like the game menu, from my point of view, the menu should show more about the game content. When you start the game, you skip the menu because you want to play the game obviously, but that could be good that when players open the menu they say "wow, the game still has content".

So, to kinda like show you my idea I made this menu model. I want to point that I can make this structure evolve.
I need also your opinion(s) on that!

Thanks for reading this,
Kind regards

PS: Merry christmas for those who celebrate it and happy holidays (take care;))
its good, but i think it spoils to much in the higher starsystems. it would be better to add more planets , orbital view, new Hangar etc. the clips are littlebit to fast, but good. however i prefer the planet view as it is right know😊

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
its good, but i think it spoils to much in the higher starsystems. it would be better to add more planets , orbital view, new Hangar etc. the clips are littlebit to fast, but good. however i prefer the planet view as it is right know😊
If i remember it correctly it´s Saturn that can be hard to fly at from my last expirience when i was there cus the constand move of the asteroids and the location made me kinda "sick" but from what i have heared a lot of pilots had this feeling.

So as an background image for the Login it goes as it is not so "moveintense" as during traversing the planet during CQ times but i´m a bit on the site of Eredin that the Login could get some love as well even if it is the screen we will only see for a couple of seconds in most cases.

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
Well for me the switch between the clips is a bit "to quick" and i would say maybe give each clip 10-15 seconds maybe and eventually a "fade-out/in transition to the next clip" where i assume with the right set of skill you can make it pretty fluent so that it starts with the phoenix, goes into a vega ship, then antares, and so on and with different scenarios (flying; combat; chilling in an E-field with a nice view; etc.).
The fact that, some switches are fast is to make the menu more "alive, dynamic". I must agree, sometimes the switches are too fast so I'll work on that. Also I like this idea of transition and I see the style. I'm not a huge fan of this idea to put Vega to Tau Ceti ship. There's no goal to that imo.

So as i see the clip right now a bit "to much that shows to less" imo what could make it hard to follow. For the rest of eventual ideas i need to start my "thinking engine" to see if i can come up with anything else :sweatgrinning:
The fact is, that on a video game menu; in my opinion you try to show a maximum of your game but I will come back to this point later because it is very interesting. :giggle:

Well KingSub, I must disagree with you. There're no spoilers, I don't show the Mantis Queen, or anything like that.^^ The new player or the player that doesn't know the system will still doesn't know which system it refer to if he see the menu. (I don't know if you follow my logic:sweatgrinning:)
Also, I really wanted to show a dynamic menu, from my point of view, you must show any kind of content on the menu like the PvP scenes, so the player who see this will say "damn, I want to be part of battles like that!". even if I understand the fact that I should put exclusively scenes showing the planets of the game, orbit, etc... I think it is good to show all the aspects of the game, otherwise the guys who will land on the game will see just planets and they will say "what's this thing?" 1/2 chance they will uninstall the game because of the menu imo. :LOL:

Still, thanks for your feedbacks, I'll provide an another version (the video) later as I don't have so much time to spend on Pirate Galaxy atm.

Kind Regards

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Yo @Eredin !

Like always, very good work from your side. However, I would change just few aspects or the concept of the menu so that you could look over that a bit.

First of all, I think you show too many fight battles that don't really match with the music for the menu. Its more around the calm flies near the planets, hangar (like RDX one, this part is amazing) or orbits (landing ships on Conquest planet in example). If you really want to keep the fights, it could be done on the end but they still wouldn't ideally suit with the flow of the music.

Also another suggestion from my side, but not about your work, but the menu at all or the zone changes. Instead of blank black screens between those and randomized helper on the bottom side, there could be more attractive pictures describing some mechanics in the game, or showing some planets and their specification or just some completely random pictures that would make it more lively somehow.

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
Hello folks, as I got not so much time as I told you, I made a V2 of the concept of menu:

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Hello folks, as I got not so much time as I told you, I made a V2 of the concept of menu:

thats way better, could it possible to match the clips with the bass? it would me look very smooth and good. if i have time i would show you.

by the way what about a logout screen? i you done playing and choose to close a different screen with different soundtrack

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Keep in mind that this is only a mock-up for the unofficial structure and that fonts and such can be changed.
to be honest the blue pg logo doesnt fit and the server and player choose it seems to be complex to much, but the rest seems like good , also the other version of orbit soundtrack is very good and news could be very good in the login screen. still no reason to dislike this video with so much effort😋

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
to be honest the blue pg logo doesnt fit and the server and player choose it seems to be complex to much, but the rest seems like good , also the other version of orbit soundtrack is very good and news could be very good in the login screen. still no reason to dislike this video with so much effort😋
Thanks for your feedback, the servers selection are just windows that can be opened but ye I should have do that with another structure cuz it seems to have a lot of information! :ROFLMAO:
To be honest this was just a test, what about if we focus on the loading screen?
For the blue logo, ye that was totally a test but ye, we don't see it so much!

Regards