What's new

How to get an active server again.

handsanitizer

Reaction score
This is serious, just get an old save file of the game, and make a new server called veterans or something (that just popped in my head because vets know the old game.) But revert that server only, to the old save files of the game, before Draconis, where the game was doing best and had all the good updates, and keep it at that for a while. The old players will love it, not only for the nostalgia factor, but just the game had better content back then. the old health, the old cool downs, the old cryonite and blueprint systems, the old energy, old vega, everything seemed to be much more fun back then^^ and I know, so much of the people I know will play again, and new players might just like this older stuff also. It couldn't cost that much to run 1 more server, and It will pay off, I know I would pay to play again with that stuff.

There could still be updates too, like this new graphics looks cool, that could be put in, gravis could be put in... maybe... and new systems could be put in, and it wouldn't be hard since they already exist in the other servers, you could just avoid adding the things that ruined the game when those servers came out, like bps taking up to in the twenties to complete, items that cost gold, to increase ( such as name changing and boosters, they increased a lot) The new unlimited energy from memberships was cool, but it took away so many advantages of the membership, now making you have to buy separate boosters like clan and buddy and colour boosters. ( this made a lot of people angry, it just seems greedy, and why would you want to screw your fan base) Its just something that I know won't happen, but it would bring this game back^^

MOKER

Reaction score
I have some old screenies Hands..maybe they can use it. I know they good with scissors and glue as they did with Sirius. The old days/stuff was fun indeed and they killed it.

L3giT

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
L3giT
Rank
it was nice the old days ^^ , i liked it alot, but sadly, developers wont listen to us anymore (And never did), just look at tau ceti.. :sneaky:

there's ALOT of things that can bring back to life this game, but they just dont want to..

Greetings!

spocklet

Reaction score
Oh the old days, that brings the memories flooding back. Yes it was fun in those days, getting a squad of close pals, and go blueprint farming on a planet somewhere, getting all the best tech that was available in that system. Or just go and blast an area, retribution for all the times we died there !!

The in-game GM's were more fun too (no names, you know who I mean), running mini-games on a planet somewhere, or just landing on a planet and saying 'ok, do your worst' and sitting there while we all blasted at him, or spawning hundreds of strong Mantis ships on a planet so we could have a go at them. And anybody who upset him was 'banished' to Mizar Gate, from which there was no return at that time !!

Wouldn't happen now though, there isn't the cameradrie that we had then, in conquest we'd fight bitter battles but always remain friends with the pilot outside of conquest, often helping each other with tech etc. Ah, good memories, how I wish it was like that now !!

$DarkKevin$

Reaction score
idk how bad the game is... its been a year sense ive played... cuz if this dang pc that wont play games. this is a great idea though lol. oh and hi moker and hands, miss ya :p :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :sneaky: :eek: :eek: :D :D

defacto

Reaction score
Aw, the nostalgia...

I support this suggestion!

spocklet

Reaction score
Just want to say that I fully support and endorse the idea. Would be nice to play on the old maps again !!

And you wouldn't need another server, just adapt the 'Test Server' with the old maps, and let us loose on there !!

jevans3050

Reaction score
hey guys just want to say that i think this is an awesome idea i know id pay to play on a retro server and i know a few other old hands tht would too so the devs would actually be making money for the game....plus i love the old pvp system of podding a red and getting bps (even the occasional gold) from them :devilish: