What's new

Fixed Heat mode spawns ores in other active Areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaKuaz

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
DaKuaz
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
Description:
Yesterday during a Mercury Cq the Heat Mode worked very weird. It was a 5 vs 5 Cq with only 2 areas active at that time(D and F).
The Heatmode was announced on F and started there. However during the whole activetime of the Heatmode in F the Area D spawned more ores than Area F which looks like a bug to me.

PTR Version:

DaKuaz

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
I actually think currently Heatmode has no effect on the spawnchance on each area, the only difference is that during a Heatmode, any spawn there will generate 1 extra ore.

So if for example there are 3 current areas, 2 normal and 1 in heat mode. There is a 33,333% chance that the heat mode one will get the spawn and then it will generate the extra +1. This basically adds more "chance" of taking a lead when having this area in "control".

Unsure if this can be classified as a bug or just as how the mechanic/system works.

DaKuaz

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
DaKuaz
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
That could explain how it happens but I think then its a flaw in the design that the Situation can occur. Its misleading and luck based who gets the advantage then, if you cant secure more ore when pushing for the Heat modes.
Hope it will get looked into.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Fission is correct. The system works that way that the heated areas will generate the double amout of ores when they are picked to spawn. So the heatmode can get attractive depeding on the active areas and the spawn rate.
Not sure on how to change that mechanic to something different.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
That could explain how it happens but I think then its a flaw in the design that the Situation can occur. Its misleading and luck based who gets the advantage then, if you cant secure more ore when pushing for the Heat modes.
Hope it will get looked into.
Yeah i see what u mean, but isn't also a bit of luck based which area gets selected? Clans need to work around that, and in some situations the heated area will be the one that favours one of the sides, most commonly this "favoured" side being closer to the area that got selected.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
What we can do is that when a heated area is active it always uses the heated one to spawn the ores?

DaKuaz

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
DaKuaz
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
I disagree here. Sure its random which area spawns gets selected for heat mode, but the randomness could and should stop there. I ll explain why:

Imagine the following situation: A heatmode gets announced and you put effords in to conquer that Area to get this spawnadvantage. There is a risk of loosing a fight and even more ores(you already have got collected) which gets not rewarded properly. Even further: Once you won that Area your enemys can regroup in the landing zone or on squadleaders and easy take over those other areas (where the ores spawned in the described worst case)

It cant be intended that Players should ignore that green highlighted Area because it could be actually a trap? Then we can leave them out completely if you ask me. They should force and focus fights on that points due to a higher impact on the ore balance and not just be visual effects in some cases. Its misleading strategy gameplay

Cant just the probability of spawning ores during a heatmode be increased? Not much but one Area with Heatmode should be at least be the equivalent of 2 or 3 Areas without in terms of ore spawning. Spawning all ores in one Area sounds dangerous to me as well.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Valid point. We will go with a increased propability that a heated area gets picked when ore are spawned. This propability can be fine tuned when tested on the PTR. Starting with 25%.

Status
Not open for further replies.