Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Game Update August 4, 2020
Between 8:30 AM and 10:30 AM UTC+2 server time, the game servers will restart for a game update to be deployed.

NEW FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS

Galaxy News System

Added an RSS-based news window that will always display the latest posts from the News & Announcements, Dev Shack and Events & Contests sections of this forum. There is a section for server-specific community news as well!

• The new RSS-based news window replaces the window "Galaxy News".
  • The arrival of new posts is signaled by the "Galaxy News" icon in the game, just like before.
  • When posts arrive with the news window closed, these unread posts will be marked as "new" the next time you open the news window.
  • Posts that are too long to fit the news window are marked as being truncated in the lower right corner. Clicking the "Read More" button will take you to the full post in the forum.
This seems to be at least usefull considering how many Pilots i know ingame that never know what is going on in the news part of PG like the announced Summer Sale 2020

Membership Pack Changes
At long last, we have updated memberships—most of them now also affect Drone Energy, and we have added a new membership tier as well! Take a look:
Strangely enough the prices for gold will be increased for the smaller Memberships that provide way less benefits then the Ultimate/Supernova

Enhanced Membership
– 4,900 Gold
  • 30% less Energy needed for
    • Every Item you use
    • Hyperjumps, Ship Repairs
Was former 4.100 Gold and with 50% less e consumption so it´s really strange why the price here has been increased instead of beeing decreased (maybe a typo(?))

Elite Membership
– 10,500 Gold
  • 50% less Energy needed for
    • All your Drones
    • Every Item you use
Was formed 7.500 Gold with 75% less e consumption but considering that it now affects the drones it seems fair

Ultimate Membership
– 19,700 Gold (1 month)

• 100% Energy flatrate for
    • All your Drones
    • Every Item you use
Was former 16.500 Gold but considering that here the drones now are basicly "never have to be recharged" again the price still is fair enough with this change

Supernova Membership
– 26,800 Gold (1 month)

• 100% Energy flatrate for
    • All your Drones
    • Every Item you use
  • 33% less Energy needed for
    • Instant Materialization
No real idea what i should say here but it smells a bit fishy that now extra for the self mat this membership reduces the costs but i gess that this is related mostly to the next e-change that comes with this update as well

[...]

Further Energy-Related Changes
Our goal with the June 30 Update was to improve the playability for players without premium items in competitive game modes and general playability. But after giving the update time to sink in and monitoring the energy economy, we noticed that we overshoot that goal. Therefore we needed to adjust a few things to balance it out to offer a good middleground.

• Reduced the overall energy cap by a third. This means that the cap is still double its size compared to before the June 30 update.
  • Instant Materialization Energy cost increased to be 60% of the energy cap.
Basicly this sounds for me like "Back to the old system where we could self-mat 1 time unless we used the E-Drone from 10th Aniversary Event to get 25% more energy that allowed us 2 self-mats
  • Reduced the overall amount of Energy that is collected in a given time.
    • Reduced the average size of Energy orbs on planet surfaces.
    • Orb collection speed has been slightly reduced as well.
    • Ancient and Rare collectors have been adjusted to more closely match their regular counterparts.
So it takes from the sound of the same amount of time to collect the reduced E-Cap like it consumes time now.

[...]
  • All drones that boost two attributes instead of just one now consume 75% more energy (when used on a planet surface).
    [*]Drone charging Energy requirements have been increased to 55% of the energy cap.
What brings me back to the old theme QoL for the drones cus even when i´m an Ult Mem user and with the update it won´t bother me anymore there are Pilots out there who still have to manually refill the drones.
Other Changes

• The A101 Armor Drone will now boost your ship's armor by up to 10% (previously up to 5%).
    [*]The A137 Assassin Drone will now boost your ship's ability to deal critical hits by up to 10% (previously up to 5%).
This makes sense considering that the Fan-Drones and the 2k20-Drone provides those effects with double value.
[...]

I don´t know why the format is so broken here but i´m to lazy to properly fix it lol

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
This update is a mistake and a shot in the foot.

I will never buy gold again these prices are for masochists.

Do it separately, not everyone wants to pay that much for membership onlz becouse have now drone refill.

I am very disappointed ...

dijar

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
dijar
Rank
This update takes away the last good thing devs did to us and made the game even worse than it was before the
energy update. Im going to boycott the game and buying gold until devs answer us and im calling everyone to do so aswell.
This completely unfair and uncalled for, we dont deserve this treatment.

Armageddon

Reaction score
This update is a mistake and a shot in the foot.

I will never buy gold again these prices are for masochists.

Do it separately, not everyone wants to pay that much for membership onlz becouse have now drone refill.

I am very disappointed ...
Agree.
I was late to this update and only enjoy the X3 E cap for a few days, not a whole month and brought excitement to the gameplay. Without membership, this game is a drag for me. my time is valuable, but my gametime is too short to consider membership a worthwhile investment after already investing lots in the past.

turkoxsary

Reaction score
See that I no longer play because my account was suspended, but I have seen that update and what they are going to do is make people leave the game, I am telling you, embarrassing, you are getting worse this game, I do not give it another year of life keep it up

Daviidoow

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
DAVID2001
Rank
Clan
txs
See that I no longer play because my account was suspended, but I have seen that update and what they are going to do is make people leave the game, I am telling you, embarrassing, you are getting worse this game, I do not give it another year of life keep it up
i agree

Kapljeu

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
kalpeuwasnaked
Rank
As far as i have understood what's gonna happen with this update is:
1. Enhanced and Elite Membership are getting balanced after all. They were overpowered for their price in comparison to ultimate membership.
2. All other Memberships get a price increase by 1-3 €/$/etc. which is really not going to kill anyone. After all we still get drone memberships....
3. We still have twice the energy to use for shooting so missions, cq, reactor defenses will be a lot easier for everybody
4. If i am not wrong they are reducing the Collecting values from live server which are already so much higher than before the first energy update, so we should probably end up with a faster collection time than before all updates
5. Do you all die so many times or why do remat costs bother you?
6. drones still last for 6 hours if they have not changed that so they can be refilled seperately.

Why are you all so upset about this update?
because we had paradise for a month and now you wake up from the dream?
Do you not see the whole picture?
If you have a nice life in PG cause no more memberships were required/ or the ones already there got boosted indirectly, then that means that in general:
- nobody has to purchase memberships anymore
-nobody has to purchase energy anymore

Think back a few months and try to remember what you spent your gold on... i bet 10mil cryo that more than 60 or 70% of it was for membership or Energy.
now what happens when 100% of all players spend 70% less on the game?
I guess we would have maybe 2 or 3 month then the servers get shut down...
But at least y'all had 3 months of easy farming.

so please see the whole picture...
We still have double our Cap, drones have memberships now and the rest is like we had it for the past 10 years where nobody of you complained as far as i remember.

BTW: how many of you requested a drone membership and now since it is here you complain that you don't get it for free? what kind of logic is that?

I think the Devs did a good job here and managed to improve the gameplay without sacrificing their economy for it...

Whatever.

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Whatever
Rank
Umm so i bought a 6 month membership not long ago, less than a week and i already have a bad feeling, is the price the same for the 6 months or is it lowered? if its lower than 66k gold i want a gold refund because i already feel scammed... and were talking about real money here so this is serious.

Im NOT liking this update, some of these prices dont make sense at all and are higher than old pricees for less (?) and why increase the mat cost? have you devs tried doing calon or earth in unrest missions without membership?? please disable your god mode in testing (if you do testing at all lol)

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Umm so i bought a 6 month membership not long ago, less than a week and i already have a bad feeling, is the price the same for the 6 months or is it lowered? if its lower than 66k gold i want a gold refund because i already feel scammed... and were talking about real money here so this is serious.

Im NOT liking this update, some of these prices dont make sense at all and are higher than old pricees for less (?) and why increase the mat cost? have you devs tried doing calon or earth in unrest missions without membership?? please disable your god mode in testing (if you do testing at all lol)
Hello Pilot,

Your 6 months membership that you paid will automatically get the benefits of the new update without any additional cost.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
if its lower than 66k gold i want a gold refund because i already feel scammed...
The new membership will cost about 80k, so you will get an extra benefit by purchasing it before the update.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Considering that with the Update the Ultimate Membership will cost 19.700 Gold and until the Update it costs 16.500 this is an increase of 3.200 Gold.

So with with the base formula of 3 months cost 2,5 Months and 6 Months cost 4 months of the corrosponding Membership it would mean the following prices for the future:

Ultimate:
1 Month - 16.500 Gold now and after Update 19.700 Gold (+3.200)
3 Months - 41.250 Gold now and after Update 49.250 Gold (+8.000)
6 Months - 66.000 Gold now and after Update 78.800 Gold (+12.800)

Supernova:
1 Month - 26.800 Gold
3 Months - 67.000 Gold
6 Months - 107.200 Gold

So basicly it´s now the best to buy the Ult Mem before the update comes to save some Gold and get the upgrade for free to enjoy it for that time.

4. If i am not wrong they are reducing the Collecting values from live server which are already so much higher than before the first energy update, so we should probably end up with a faster collection time than before all updates
This depends in the end on how much they will increase the collection time again. Before the E-Update the collection time of 1 cell with CD was ~4 seconds/cell and refilling from 0 - E-Cap takes at best planet ~70 seconds. With the current System it takes ~6 seconds/cell and going from 0 - E-Cap takes ~190 seconds what was already an increase of ~2.7x. According to the Update they now wanna increase the collection time again but at the same time reduce the value of an E-Cell.

Reduced the overall amount of Energy that is collected in a given time.
  • Reduced the average size of Energy orbs on planet surfaces.
  • Orb collection speed has been slightly reduced as well.
So in theory we now get a doubled E-Cap what should then be 23.500 as new Cap (at lvl 95), Cells that will have an reduced value of X atm cus no real info of how much they will reduce the orbs in combination with an longer collection time.

I think that the "main gripe" here is that with the current remat costs it´s not so that you have to run into the E-Field after every Pod or when your E goes "below the remat point". It allowed simply to stay longer in the battlefield before really having to refill actually and playing a "bit more risky".

With the Update the remat will basicly end up like the pre E-Update just with the difference that it then costs 13.500E for remat (again at lvl 95) what basicly means as non Mem User you have 10k of Energy you can use and then already have to decide if you wanna go for refill or if you wanna still stay and fight with the risk of rescuing. I don´t have the costs in my head right now what it cost acutally but it was something around 8k if i remember it correctly so that we here have at least 27.250E at our disposal before the decision had to be made.

Now with the upcoming Update there is mysteriously a new Membership appearing that reduces the remat costs back to the current situation that costs no money at all. This is where for some Pilots the part of an "greedy company" starts and for others it can already sound like "P2W" due of more chances to remat what "can make missions easier".

BTW: how many of you requested a drone membership and now since it is here you complain that you don't get it for free? what kind of logic is that?
I would now assume that i did nag a lot about the Drone system and mentioned every then and when that the Memberships don´t affect the Drones for some reason but rather focused on an more comforting aproach of the drones that would remove the manual refill we have to do all the time by simply transfering the E after hiting the E-Cap automatically to the drones.

Now with the Update i will have not to bother with the manuall drone refill again due i will continue of buying the 6 month Ult despite that everyone is "hating the update already into the ground".

For me not much c will hange considering that i spend 25-50 bucks/month into the game anyways to keep my Ult Cryo Boost and Cryo Vault running. I rarely spend my money on any of the other boosters so that until my 6 Months Ult Mem is running out i have enough Gold left to renew it and in some rare situations i even spend up to 100 bucks in 1 Month if either an Event is upcoming so that i simply can "be done with them at day 1" (tedious and boring RDX for example) or Sales are anounced.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
As far as i have understood what's gonna happen with this update is:
1. Enhanced and Elite Membership are getting balanced after all. They were overpowered for their price in comparison to ultimate membership.
2. All other Memberships get a price increase by 1-3 €/$/etc. which is really not going to kill anyone. After all we still get drone memberships....
3. We still have twice the energy to use for shooting so missions, cq, reactor defenses will be a lot easier for everybody
6. drones still last for 6 hours if they have not changed that so they can be refilled seperately.

Why are you all so upset about this update?
because we had paradise for a month and now you wake up from the dream?
Do you not see the whole picture?
If you have a nice life in PG cause no more memberships were required/ or the ones already there got boosted indirectly, then that means that in general:
- nobody has to purchase memberships anymore
-nobody has to purchase energy anymore

Think back a few months and try to remember what you spent your gold on... i bet 10mil cryo that more than 60 or 70% of it was for membership or Energy.
now what happens when 100% of all players spend 70% less on the game?
I guess we would have maybe 2 or 3 month then the servers get shut down...
But at least y'all had 3 months of easy farming.

so please see the whole picture...
We still have double our Cap, drones have memberships now and the rest is like we had it for the past 10 years where nobody of you complained as far as i remember.

I think the Devs did a good job here and managed to improve the gameplay without sacrificing their economy for it...
I really share this.

This update is a nerf of a super buff from the first changes introduced on 30 june update. These changes was excellent for all the people who plays with or without memberships but bad if we see how it affects the sells of energy packs and memberships (I have listening many mates that prefer to buy optimizers instead of ultimate membership after the past update).
At is it now you can recharge x3 the e-cap, rematerialize 5 times if you have membership, hyperjump costs very lowered, so... These things needs the company to make a balance to avoid getting less profit.

The thing that I having thinking and then happened, is that the people hates the nerfs and love the buffers. Because of that many people is on fire lol.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
These changes wasn't a present from the developers. The update had the goal of enhance the durability of the energy overall for pilots without memberships and then they overpassed this goal. This needs to be nerfed to make a balance between the free player and the gold player (also to make also more sense the buy of memberships instead of only optimizers).

This changes like every another, needs to be analyzed to ensure that it will be balanced respect a other things or aspects in the game. It's not so easy like to give it as a 'gift' to the players... And it looks like they don't doed it correct the first time with the super buffer but it is good that they "fix" it if it needs a balance (at least from the perspective of the game desing the balances are good. It is normal that the players will hate if to reach that balance you as developer needs to nerf it...)

Something similar happened with the armor and speed of ships (and skills too) after the PvP adjustments update. With the ships that get nerfed, and then major of the community repudiating it.

Last edited:

Whatever.

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Whatever
Rank
Also why censor us with the react menu on the announcement pages? you can only react with "like", its almost like the devs knew there was gonna be a s*** storm :rolleyes: whats the point of re-designing the forum with a new interface if you not even gonna let us react with what we actually think? some of us dont like this update and you force us to like it

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Also why censor us with the react menu on the announcement pages? you can only react with "like", its almost like the devs knew there was gonna be a s*** storm :rolleyes: whats the point of re-designing the forum with a new interface if you not even gonna let us react with what we actually think? some of us dont like this update and you force us to like it
Hello Pilot,

That was not the intention and has been already discussed with the Developers that it wasnt possible to use all reactions,, since its weekend they had to leave before finding the root of the issue but will be adressed when possible since that's not the desired result.