Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-.V.-
Rank
Clan
The Wreckers
Hello all,
It's been few years since i was playing actively. There have been many good changes and ton of bad one's, i ain't gonna complain on that.
Just curious about a change which has been done to throw PVP down the drain.
When you are in pirate mode:
  • Gravitons has longer cooldown ( Shouldn't be a problem) but don't understand why as even f2p can get them everyday - Let's just assume to balance the PVP
  • Alloys can't be used even though it's a permanent upgrade cause it will be a "unfair advantage" to pilots who can't afford it (Understandable) - Then why is the price still the same?
  • Boosters (Main topic of the evening) - You spend gold to buy boosters to get advantage of kill npc faster. Having a unfair advantage in PVP is not good according to some, i don't disagree but Just cause they are RED i am not able to use boosters when they are not doing PVP is plain stupid. As far as i remember you can not use boosters during PVP apart from speed booster. If Speed Booster is a issue all you can is add a check... If in combat with pilot boosters inactive and active all other time. As they are PAYING for it to use.
    Alternative- Boosters are just disabled right now when in Pirate mode, Just put them on pause while on Pirate Mode. Which might not be great from a business perspective so is disabling them all the time.

Change something so it will make pilots go RED often and so they don't feel like they are loosing out on PVE cause of PVP when in pirate mode.

Thanks,
-.V.-

The_Ghost

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AdvancedMine99
Rank
Clan
Mantis
Agree for 3 hours boosters. 3 hours boosters need to be suspended when they cannot be used. Suspend them in orbit, suspend engine booster while red, suspend boosters during reactor challenge or conquests. Its not right when pilots have the need to logout to save 3 hours boosts. Something very easily noticed during rdx event.

While red only engine booster doesn't work at all. The other boosters work fine in PvE even while red. Costs engine booster for a whole 5% more experience.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello Pilot,

The only booster that is not active while on Pirate Mode its the Speed Booster.
The rest of them are active even while on Pirate Mode, but as soon you enter PvP with someone, they do not have any effect from Player Sources.
The only part of the alloy that does not work on Pirate Mode its the speed bonus, rest its just on PvP.

vamsi

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-.V.-
Rank
Clan
The Wreckers
Why the exception for speed booster, it can be done the same for speed booster, it going inactive while in combat with player.
If you are going to say " It is to make it fair for everyone"... then make it fair for pilots who pay for the speed booster also by reducing the price of it by half. Makes sense

Aluneth

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Aluneth
Why the exception for speed booster, it can be done the same for speed booster, it going inactive while in combat with player.
If you are going to say " It is to make it fair for everyone"... then make it fair for pilots who pay for the speed booster also by reducing the price of it by half. Makes sense
Hello, pilot!

Multiple suggestions have been made in regards to this topic but you should know it is more difficult than you make it seem. What happens when a player disengages? Should they instantly get their speed boost back even though the one chasing them might be quicker and about to catch up? Or conversely, if a player is about to get away but is for some reason stuck in combat (maybe because of NPCs shooting them) and then the one hunting that player gets their speed boost back and manages to catch up in a situation where they normally would not? One idea is to add a timer for the booster downtime, i.e. you enter combat and that disables your speed boost for, say, 5 minutes. But that is merely one of many suggestions that have been put forward to address this issue. I am sure the devs will come up with something :)

Hecatte

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Podatte
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hello all,
It's been few years since i was playing actively. There have been many good changes and ton of bad one's, i ain't gonna complain on that.
Just curious about a change which has been done to throw PVP down the drain.
When you are in pirate mode:
  • Gravitons has longer cooldown ( Shouldn't be a problem) but don't understand why as even f2p can get them everyday - Let's just assume to balance the PVP
  • Alloys can't be used even though it's a permanent upgrade cause it will be a "unfair advantage" to pilots who can't afford it (Understandable) - Then why is the price still the same?
  • Boosters (Main topic of the evening) - You spend gold to buy boosters to get advantage of kill npc faster. Having a unfair advantage in PVP is not good according to some, i don't disagree but Just cause they are RED i am not able to use boosters when they are not doing PVP is plain stupid. As far as i remember you can not use boosters during PVP apart from speed booster. If Speed Booster is a issue all you can is add a check... If in combat with pilot boosters inactive and active all other time. As they are PAYING for it to use.
    Alternative- Boosters are just disabled right now when in Pirate mode, Just put them on pause while on Pirate Mode. Which might not be great from a business perspective so is disabling them all the time.

Change something so it will make pilots go RED often and so they don't feel like they are loosing out on PVE cause of PVP when in pirate mode.

Thanks,
-.V.-
Well hello there, boosters are actually meant to be useful in PvE not in PvP that's for sure a thing, but I kinda do have to disagree with you about all of the boosters not working when being in Pirate Mode just for the speed one. Well now let's say that the mechanic which you mentioned was in game about being in Pirate Mode, speed booster would work just against NPC shooting but against players not, now my point is, HOW would that actually make more players go red if the actual issue here is the speed booster that is not working in PvP? Even if speed booster would have worked today aswell there would have been LESS pvp's because there was a P2W mechanic PvP gameplay. You could just PvP vs an orbital ship and easily escape the orbital by just walking straight with your 20% speed booster and get away aswell, yeah really skilled.
Now about the other thing that you mentioned, the other boosters not working when being in Pirate Mode. You should better get a ship with fixed damage (Thermoblast/Lighting Chain) and call a friend with exact same ship, and do a test on mantises, while you have the boosters active meanwhile your friend doesn't. ;)

vamsi

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-.V.-
Rank
Clan
The Wreckers
Well hello there, boosters are actually meant to be useful in PvE not in PvP that's for sure a thing, but I kinda do have to disagree with you about all of the boosters not working when being in Pirate Mode just for the speed one. Well now let's say that the mechanic which you mentioned was in game about being in Pirate Mode, speed booster would work just against NPC shooting but against players not, now my point is, HOW would that actually make more players go red if the actual issue here is the speed booster that is not working in PvP? Even if speed booster would have worked today aswell there would have been LESS pvp's because there was a P2W mechanic PvP gameplay. You could just PvP vs an orbital ship and easily escape the orbital by just walking straight with your 20% speed booster and get away aswell, yeah really skilled.
Now about the other thing that you mentioned, the other boosters not working when being in Pirate Mode. You should better get a ship with fixed damage (Thermoblast/Lighting Chain) and call a friend with exact same ship, and do a test on mantises, while you have the boosters active meanwhile your friend doesn't. ;)
I assume you never had played well when speed booster worked in PVP, you are not able to escape anymore a orbital strike even if have 30% speed booster running anymore. It has been fixed in 2015. If you were playing long enough you would know that. Coming to the point you have bought up.
" HOW would that actually make more players go red if the actual issue here is the speed booster that is not working in PvP?" - Clear solution have been mentioned if you read properly.
The reason i put up this post is the reason why there is not the same active "PVP" gameplay as i saw back when i was active. Again, if you haven't played long enough to know what is MORE or LESS pvp gameplay currently in the game.
Please don't comment :LOL:

vamsi

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-.V.-
Rank
Clan
The Wreckers
Hello, pilot!

Multiple suggestions have been made in regards to this topic but you should know it is more difficult than you make it seem. What happens when a player disengages? Should they instantly get their speed boost back even though the one chasing them might be quicker and about to catch up? Or conversely, if a player is about to get away but is for some reason stuck in combat (maybe because of NPCs shooting them) and then the one hunting that player gets their speed boost back and manages to catch up in a situation where they normally would not? One idea is to add a timer for the booster downtime, i.e. you enter combat and that disables your speed boost for, say, 5 minutes. But that is merely one of many suggestions that have been put forward to address this issue. I am sure the devs will come up with something :)
Seems to be nothing is being done in accordance to that, that's the reason for this post. Thanks for your concern :geek: