Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
From my perspective, it would be nice if devs considered creating more merchandise during the way.
My suggestion here are action figures, objects, npc figures & maybe story character figures.

If there were figures of the spaceships we like, honestly, I'd have that collection with my favorite ships from the game and characters.

Also, there could be Map figures that have open map structure and bottom, so outside map structure is seen like the map we open with Space button on the planets.
I don't know if devs posses a 3D printer, but Blender as a program could do a great job in creating those.

Any more suggestions are welcome if others are up for it, so we can make some design out of it. 😃

By map structures, I mean stuff like this, like top view mode of the planets.

Attachments

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
From my perspective, it would be nice if devs considered creating more merchandise during the way.
My suggestion here are action figures, objects, npc figures & maybe story character figures.

If there were figures of the spaceships we like, honestly, I'd have that collection with my favorite ships from the game and characters.

Also, there could be Map figures that have open map structure and bottom, so outside map structure is seen like the map we open with Space button on the planets.
I don't know if devs posses a 3D printer, but blender as a program could do a great job in creating those.

Any more suggestions are welcome if others are up for it, so we can make some design out of it. 😃
i thought the same a month ago and wanted to make one with an 3d printer

Water

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Water
Merchandise for a dying game ? Who knows this game without any advertising ? Who will buy it and friends ask what is that and they had to answer this is an online game and they never hear about it .... the money shouldnt get into something that is not nessecary ! Better the money goes into the game for some new star system new pve content ...

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Merchandise for a dying game ? Who knows this game without any advertising ? Who will buy it and friends ask what is that and they had to answer this is an online game and they never hear about it .... the money shouldnt get into something that is not nessecary ! Better the money goes into the game for some new star system new pve content ...
well well that actually not true and advertising is not cheap, its expensive and that effort for it is like draw money out of the window. steam is definitely on the list as @Highway said. the best advertising is creating videos on Youtube and some other players using TikTok too.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
You have some point in that. However, dying game or not by your words, merchandise is something that's made as a reminder and joy of people who like those things.
Making few projections of spaceships and planets don't take too much time, and will be useful for collectors who like to collect things they like, such as posters, figures and other stuff.
If they already have 3D printer that has at least working area dimensions like e.g. 330x240mm, they can already make a larger scale figures. Though it's not costing much to create these (it's cheap since silicone or any other material used isn't spent too much on smaller scale figures), it just takes more time for needle to do more detailed parts of those figures, so it takes more time to create them. Printer has to work a lot for these small details, so it doesn't make smaller mistakes during the process.
It takes few times of tuning and easy way to produce some quality stuff to make people who like to collect and have still a liking for this game to have something to remember.

Something to add, this won't get much of budget of devs, and won't take too much time, focus still goes for new updates and testing.
Only thing there can be is to gain both money and what's main thing, satisfaction of the players.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
You have some point in that. However, dying game or not by your words, merchandise is something that's made as a reminder and joy of people who like those things.
Making few projections of spaceships and planets don't take too much time, and will be useful for collectors who like to collect things they like, such as posters, figures and other stuff.
If they already have 3D printer that has at least working area dimensions like e.g. 330x240mm, they can already make a larger scale figures. Though it's not costing much to create these (it's cheap since silicone or any other material used isn't spent too much on smaller scale figures), it just takes more time for needle to do more detailed parts of those figures, so it takes more time to create them. Printer has to work a lot for these small details, so it doesn't make smaller mistakes during the process.
It takes few times of tuning and easy way to produce some quality stuff to make people who like to collect and have still a liking for this game to have something to remember.

Something to add, this won't get much of budget of devs, and won't take too much time, focus still goes for new updates and testing.
Only thing there can be is to gain both money and what's main thing, satisfaction of the players.
i love your ideas! i would totally buy these kinds of merch as a good memory and as a remember to go online😁

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
View attachment 51294

Ok, let's say 50€ for this one. :ROFLMAO:
It looks nice, however I'd make figures without an elevation and ground (substrate), that's regarding the ships.
And if they gave to have the ground version, I'd honestly put that hangar substrate where you change the ships (just a little more patch up that substrate to look better).
Map figures would have the square substrate since they are square in maps, so their structures would be on the top of those.

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
I wish they'd get on with the game instead of doing silly stuff and how many people would buy these figurines 20 xd

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Well considering that their Merch Shop never really has expanded much with the stuff they have their i doubt that they will really expand it at any point. I´m not really against the idea though but theoratically the market may be relative low as we have to assume that only the real vets would go the way to buy the one or another merch like figures, shipprints, etc. and i think that here the group is also relative small.

So the time; effort and costs maybe are noth really worth it for them to go for at the current situation with the game.

Z0ckt

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Z0ckt
Rank
So before you really strive for something like that, you should really make sure that the game becomes more popular and more players come back into the game.

It is a fact that a lot of players have left this game and almost all star systems have died, with the exception of Sirius and Tau Ceti.

A release on Steam, and a cooperation with Epic Games, for example, would be two ways to attract more players again.

However, this also means that new PvE and PvP content must be added to the game much more quickly so that no more players drop out, and the communication between the devs and the community must continue to improve.

There are a lot of great ideas and suggestions here in the forum that have been submitted over the years. Unfortunately, only a few of them have made it into the game.

Finally, if these problems were fixed, merchandise would be a great support, for players who like the game, and for the developers.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
A release on Steam, and a cooperation with Epic Games, for example, would be two ways to attract more players again.
I see this always with some salt as it may result in a "short increase of the playerbase" that may also result in a quick drop of the player base where still only a couple of players will stay and then is the question for how long as the bigest bottleneck for all is Sirius with the required BPs to progress in TC what still may be the main issue for new players to continue once they reach that point of the game and is in theory done in 2-4 weeks at best as getting all BPs can take a bunch of weeks/months

However, this also means that new PvE and PvP content must be added to the game much more quickly so that no more players drop out
Well for PvE they have something in mind but so far not droped much info how it should work (Player based invasions) and for PvP... well i think they still need to improve the rendering situation as we on Askone experience it on a daily basis that players load in when at least 5 seconds have passed and you find yourself in mid of the enemy team and can "feel their blasters directing on you" in the moment you see them :sweatgrinning:

the communication between the devs and the community must continue to improve.
I think this is something only the devs themself can fix to show more presence in the forum instead of every now and then and then mostly with no real information about what is going on, why TC4 is more and more delayed, what are the next plans, etc.

There are a lot of great ideas and suggestions here in the forum that have been submitted over the years. Unfortunately, only a few of them have made it into the game.
I think this relates also to the communication of the devs to the community as in most situations you see a suggestion in the forum and support that suggestion... but the devs stay radio silent to show if they would add this or may have concerns about the suggestions. It is always said that the devs read all suggestions but at the same time it feels "pointless" to make any suggestions if no real feedback comes from the ranks that actually matter as also GMs are only volunteers for the devs to keep things in line but have no voting rights i assume.