What's new

#8 Permanent Happy Hour Discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score

Hey Space Pirates,

Today we have a confession to make: We are not really fans of these huge discount sales like the Happy Gold Time in Pirate Galaxy, mainly because we think they do not feel right for our players.

Here is why: When you shop most of your Gold during discount sales, the regular pricing feels like we are charging too much. Then there is the stress caused by timing your purchase just right when you don’t even know when the next sale will start—if you want an item but there is no sale, you either wait or you purchase at regular price which (remember?) feels like being overcharged. Not good at all… :sneaky:

What we want to do is adjust the Gold packs in the shop to match the Happy Hour bonus permanently. In the wake of this change, we will be removing Happy Hour/Happy Gold Time discount sales from the game entirely.

But we will do it step by step. You may have noticed already that we had extended the duration of Happy Gold Time from 1 to 3 hours late last year. With the beginning of next week, we will extend Happy Gold Time to a full 24 hours, and then at some point in the future completely remove it while doubling the amount of Gold contained in the shop packs. This means you will always get twice the Gold compared to current pricing.

Highway out :)

Google's translation bad? Community translations of this changelog will get linked here (author's name included)!

french translation by Fra_592: Here
spanisch translation by GM Fission: Here

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
And that's the amazing thing I wanted to hear from You High, as a player that pays much to the game! You got my like in that! You, as a company, will get more cash in that way, and the players will be happy hearing that they can buy the Gold everytime they want. Connecting it with good patches for Tau Ceti and other content in the game, the income will rise :D That's a good move for company and for Pirates.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Well now the question is if you will bring an "perma HH" system will it affect the shop as well like "Happy Discount" or "Special Sales" to appear instead of the HH times.

In the end it makes now the 6 month Membership looking very tasty leaving plenty of gold left to pour or save gold for other stuff.

Santolin

Reaction score
Pirate Galaxy: Ser ou não ser, eis a questão!

Frase de William Shakespeare.

https://www.facebook.com/SSGFanPag
comingsoon (1).jpg

passenger8

Reaction score
-that sounds very good, highway:)
-a question from pilots playing on all servers goes, will the gold we buy on one server be pressent on all servers???
-i have earlier experienced happyhourgold and levelupgold disapear from one server when using gold on other servers, like niveling out?!?
-can we expect no bugs about the gold in the future?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
passenger8 said:
-that sounds very good, highway:)
-a question from pilots playing on all servers goes, will the gold we buy on one server be pressent on all servers???
-i have earlier experienced happyhourgold and levelupgold disapear from one server when using gold on other servers, like niveling out?!?
-can we expect no bugs about the gold in the future?
A gold purchase is always added to your account and can be used on all server/realms. But the "happy gold time" bonus gold is added to the server where you have made your purchase. Totally can understand it that was causing confusion since it is not directly clear to the player. :confused:

So after we make that gold bonus permanent it will be usable on all server as it is right now for a regular gold purchase :)

passenger8

Reaction score
-i think that this will be very good and less confusing, highway.
(speed it up, and make it fast:)

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
Before the Easter/decade event perhaps? :D :D :D

flyfighter

Reaction score
Good news. Maybe explore some other means of making money aswell, cosmetics for ships or blaster particles etc. Id dig some of those

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
flyfighter said:
Good news. Maybe explore some other means of making money aswell, cosmetics for ships or blaster particles etc. Id dig some of those
Tbh from the current Shop i buy at least Membership and Cryo Vault while the rest of Gold piles up cus i never use any of the other boosters cus ime (in my eyes) they are more an pfc (pay for convenience) thingy.

Cosmetics would be nice considering that it gave during some Events cosmetical blaster animations like the Snowball (that for some pilots still is bugged).

Main Issue however from the cosmetical side of view is that many patterns already exist and are obtainable for free + not every pattern works on every ship cus the design is fixed and works not for every ship.

So cosmetics on the one side from me an yes but on the other side i don´t see many things that could be implemented aside from maybe the blaster animation so that we maybe could change the shoots from our Blasters to shoots from another system if we have "obtained that animation by unlocking the blaster for it". For example you can only use the Gold Blaster Effekt of System x if you have unlocked the Gold blaster for that System cus tbh i mostly like the Sol Gold Blaster animation.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
I think it should be a great idea in the gold shop to add the option to give gifts of gold to other players, buying the gold pack but for sending to a friend, probably you can make money with this since there are some pilots that dont have the currency to buy in shop, and other players im sure they will help them giving gifts :)

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
destroier6 said:
I think it should be a great idea in the gold shop to add the option to give gifts of gold to other players, buying the gold pack but for sending to a friend, probably you can make money with this since there are some pilots that dont have the currency to buy in shop, and other players im sure they will help them giving gifts :)
That's very good idea.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
A very known pilot in Aeria was harassed for suspected donation of money to friends, by paying their gold billings.

rentarokun

Reaction score
HGus said:
A very known pilot in Aeria was harassed for suspected donation of money to friends, by paying their gold billings.
It's his own earned money - it's up to his own what he want to do with it isn't it?

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
HGus said:
Maybe because that is actually forbidden. But is a good idea if we can send gifts to another players :mrorange:

One question about it: the removal of Happy Hour discount also applies for "extra cryonite" promotion or only for Happy Hours?

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
destroier6 said:
If gifts,better gives options for all like member,booster,gold,energy.
Its simple to add gift options and chooice from buddy list for who.

Problem is only that different country have different gold price so possible SS think that be less money for them-Wrong.Will be more becouse who cant buy or price for him is too high not be buy any,but friend can buy him that mean SS make extra money.

Even will be great have extra options on xmas,easter or Valentine day to make gifts witch -% price.

compgeek1

Reaction score
This makes me want to get back to playing Pirate Galaxy more often. I used to spend only enough money for buying 1 month full Membership. Now, once this new gold purchase works, I could save up spare gold left over for many other things I have been wanting to get. Especially when the special events come around, I can now just go and buy it as soon as the event starts. Just really happy for this kind of update. Me, being a major fan of Pay-To-Play, this sounds very nice. Thank you, to all, who made this possible.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Great to hear you overall positive feedback about this idea. :)

We plan to make the transition on monday the 27. this month. Stay tuned for further news.

Status
Not open for further replies.