• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
You are welcome, reality isn't always about winning, but about realizing that improve is possible :)

also vesperion, i am really against an idea of a signet cortex shop... where is competition... thats literally making the game more pay2win, those that have signet booster gets more ifrits, how fair is that.

Also FYI katana, we also doing the next reset, so u dont get "on your nerves"

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
You are welcome, reality isn't always about winning, but about realizing that improve is possible :)

also vesperion, i am really against an idea of a signet cortex shop... where is competition... thats literally making the game more pay2win, those that have signet booster gets more ifrits, how fair is that.
It's not pay to win to have signet cortex shop. That would just give players effort to do for gaining cortex parts. Why Signet Booster wouldn't work? Because it would be online attainable with Signets gained by Reactor challenge. I wouldn't say small amount of them are needed, but player would be able to choose between 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 or 25 cortex parts price (how many signets).
Ofc buying 25 parts offer will be cheaper than buying 25 x1 packs. After buying one, Signets used on buying deplete.
Also FYI katana, we also doing the next reset, so u dont get "on your nerves"
I think this is an offense act towards other person in community, so I would please ask you to act appropriately towards other users.

nemesis1900

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
nemesis1900
Rank
Clan
Hades
Good night.

From my point of view, the Cortex event is fun.

As a critic I can say that once the credits of the first mission are reached, the challenge of the planetoid is abandoned.

I propose to motivate the pilots who are in Sirius and Tau ceti by adding in addition to the six crust parts, more prizes are added to motivate them to continue participating in the event once they finish it, for example, cryonite and gravitons to the winning squad.

At least on the server where I play and on the others you see very few teams competing, I think the competition with those few players is pleasant. If more players come over for the changes I proposed, that would be great.

It doesn't seem healthy for the competition that the game is giving away cortex without competing.

It would be interesting in the future to see different cortex and more challenging planets at work.

I like the new raven ships, I want many more and I think the event should continue to be held every 6 months in the current way.

Best regards.

Last edited:

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
I think this is an offense act towards other person in community, so I would please ask you to act appropriately towards other users.
Its not an offense when the player literally says that we made him waste his time, so just as a friendly advise, i tell him that we are gonna do some runs so we dont make him waste his time more as he asked us to do.

It's not pay to win to have signet cortex shop. That would just give players effort to do for gaining cortex parts. Why Signet Booster wouldn't work? Because it would be online attainable with Signets gained by Reactor challenge. I wouldn't say small amount of them are needed, but player would be able to choose between 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 or 25 cortex parts price (how many signets).
Ofc buying 25 parts offer will be cheaper than buying 25 x1 packs. After buying one, Signets used on buying deplete.
Regarding signet shop and such, gravitons aren't even used to reach those high waves, so right now i am getting ifrits without spending gold/gravitons, if a signet shop for ifrits is implemented, surely those that have signet booster will have massive advantage. Not fair at all + no competition. Dislike from my side..

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
If that is your main concern the most simple solution to that is simply removing the Signet Booster at all so that every pilot has an "equal chance" to gain signets. Again read my 1st post about what i would perfer to see in the RDX event to make it more "long-lasting" + imo an Event should give pilots the chance to get all the stuff from it by "simply playing the Event" rather then to hope to be in that 1 round where you score 1st place just to get 1 Full set.

The way i present should simply just be an alternative way to still get something out of the Reactor challenge and redoing the missions that gives motivation to actually do them. The main reason for me why did not particpate in this whole RDX Event is cus for me feel it´s not really rewarding to do 1 thing over and over again seeing the counter increasing but the number is basicly useless cus i can´t do anything with it so that it might not exist there at all as well.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Its not an offense when the player literally says that we made him waste his time, so just as a friendly advise, i tell him that we are gonna do some runs so we dont make him waste his time more as he asked us to do.

Regarding signet shop and such, gravitons aren't even used to reach those high waves, so right now i am getting ifrits without spending gold/gravitons, if a signet shop for ifrits is implemented, surely those that have signet booster will have massive advantage. Not fair at all + no competition. Dislike from my side..
We already said solution regarding Signet Boost that wouldn't work for cortex shop. I won't be repeating same thing again. Reactor challenge and cortex improve suggestion is said, let's see if something will be done regarding that as many people are not satisfied with event.
Second thing, always repeating to a player that you or your team are doing challenge and taking place, so they "don't need to nerve" is one way of offense. Not direct but indirect.

Nicoredje

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Deleted
Rank
Nobody is complaining not having the highest score in the server. So stop with the "my competition" stuff. All we want is after spending 1,5 hours doing a reactor run we get some progress.

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
1st 10 position earn signets is better like spend 1-2 hour on challenge to get anything.
No all player have so much free time to stay days on challenge to done cortex.

Some ppl work,have familly.

We need solution for all,not for nolife persons.

Mybe Devs add cortex part on progrees bar durring raven event,like we have patterns or gravi pack.

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hello guys.

Some of the feedback is pretty constructive but some is not at all. I am happy that most of you like my idea at all. Basically as you can see, RavenDynamics event doesn't really provide good competition and makes pilots just leave the event and the game, giving the prizes only to one/two squads on low populated servers letting them to "monopoly" the cortexes, that is not healthy for rest of community.

In every game we can see events that generally compensates all the time wasted with at least minor prizes. Here, suggestion of just few cortex parts isn't that bad, because I would like to see this system granting cortex both for winning squads and these ones that can't beat the Top 1 highscore. Considering that Askone isn't that really cheap in people server, then we can say only Gaia and Aurora servers are free from this problem...

@destroier6 I don't really get to be honest, why are you being so salty towards other pilots in this thread :p I understand that you are the part of the winning squad but objectively you would gain lots of advantage implementing this idea as well :p Competition is hold when everyone wants to participate the event and see the results. But event doesn't compensate the time wasted on it, making people leave. Don't You see the problem?

Probably with current RavenDynamics nothing will be changed, but I hope for changes to come in the next seasons of the event. It's a real issue that needs to be solved, looking at all the comments flowing right here.

Greetings, RavenPL

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Honestly its not even that im salty, but i find pretty funny that this topic came when the people that before was winning the ifrits in the previous RDX now its not winning them, also even with those changes, i feel they would just make the next event overly played in reactor and then since everyone would have ifrits in next RDX events we would have the same as phobos or arkon (or even right now in RDX planet) no competition.

I dont really understand how all people wants to remove each single piece of competition in this game, making u get rewards no matter what others did, and replying to alone wolf, he says about no life people, but no one is forcing u to be in all the cortex resets, if u only have 2-3h of free time to play, u can just play the reset that u have access to and if you are good and assemble a nice squad ,u get parts, what's the issue here? :) The issue is simple, with the short free time also people expect to get multiple ifrits without wasting much time in event.

I of course do realize right now the actual competition is not big, but its not because of the system in my opinion but by how people is taking it, instead of trying to fight for the 1st place, first people tried to just aim for 2nd place as if 1st place didnt existed, when they realized that creating multiple squads dont generate more parts given (so basically trying to exploit the system) then it went to forum to try to change it because "its impossible to pass another squad", i still wonder what do we have in special that other people can't match, this reactor is the more fair ones from all the ones that we had in the game before:

• Gravitons have now 30 minute cooldown making spam of them completely useless, and need to be used good (the option of waiting 30m to cd is there, but if u guys saw how long are our runs and how far we reach, u will realize we dont wait and in some runs we dont even waste)
  • Boosters are completely gone, making previous advantage there was in other reactors completely gone
  • Memberships aren't that needed anymore, a player without MS can perfectly beat any wave without getting out of energy

Even with that, we even use normal ships, mostly snipers, its not even we assemble like some kind of "exclusive" Raven based squad.

In my honest opinion, i do feel most of those complains come from people that were used to win the reactors by use of boosters and gravitons, and since that doesnt work anymore, its time to "make it more fair", by reducing the importance of the skill that the actual reactors have.

Also as a little side note, when some players from here even accused us for using bugs (like bugging Juggernauts ¿?) just because they are not normally able to reach as higher waves as us, just talks of how this is being taken, instead of trying to improve, is being seen as: "the other is doing something illegal, i am doing everything fine".

With all said, i still consider myself someone that does a lot of errors or mistakes, but i dont go and blame other people/squad/game from those, nor i claim to be some kind of "Pro Player" or PG unbeatten Champion ;) .

Last edited:

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Honestly its not even that im salty, but i find pretty funny that this topic came when the people that before was winning the ifrits in the previous RDX now its not winning them, also even with those changes, i feel they would just make the next event overly played in reactor and then since everyone would have ifrits in next RDX events we would have the same as phobos or arkon (or even right now in RDX planet) no competition.

I dont really understand how all people wants to remove each single piece of competition in this game, making u get rewards no matter what others did, and replying to alone wolf, he says about no life people, but no one is forcing u to be in all the cortex resets, if u only have 2-3h of free time to play, u can just play the reset that u have access to and if you are good and assemble a nice squad ,u get parts, what's the issue here? :) The issue is simple, with the short free time also people expect to get multiple ifrits without wasting much time in event.

I of course do realize right now the actual competition is not big, but its not because of the system in my opinion but by how people is taking it, instead of trying to fight for the 1st place, first people tried to just aim for 2nd place as if 1st place didnt existed, when they realized that creating multiple squads dont generate more parts given (so basically trying to exploit the system) then it went to forum to try to change it because "its impossible to pass another squad", i still wonder what do we have in special that other people can't match, this reactor is the more fair ones from all the ones that we had in the game before:

• Gravitons have now 30 minute cooldown making spam of them completely useless, and need to be used good (the option of waiting 30m to cd is there, but if u guys saw how long are our runs and how far we reach, u will realize we dont wait and in some runs we dont even waste)
  • Boosters are completely gone, making previous advantage there was in other reactors completely gone
  • Memberships aren't that needed anymore, a player without MS can perfectly beat any wave without getting out of energy

Even with that, we even use normal ships, mostly snipers, its not even we assemble like some kind of "exclusive" Raven based squad.

In my honest opinion, i do feel most of those complains come from people that were used to win the reactors by use of boosters and gravitons, and since that doesnt work anymore, its time to "make it more fair", by reducing the importance of the skill that the actual reactors have.

Also as a little side note, when some players from here even accused us for using bugs (like bugging Juggernauts ¿?) just because they are not normally able to reach as higher waves as us, just talks of how this is being taken, instead of trying to improve, is being seen as: "the other is doing something illegal, i am doing everything fine".

With all said, i still consider myself someone that does a lot of errors or mistakes, but i dont go and blame other people/squad/game from those, nor i claim to be some kind of "Pro Player" or PG unbeatten Champion ;) .
It's not about those people that win or not. If everyone complain, the problem is clear that whole server isn't doing challenge because of one or two squads that do the best.
We already mentioned why it would be good for people that have job and life.
You just claimed that if people have a little free time, they shouldn't win anything in any event?
So playing 12 hours and 3-4 hours. Those that play 3 to 4 hours shouldn't get anything. That's the thing proved by your posts. Sorry but they are right that you act salty here, denying all issues of events. People are not satisfied to not get anything, because there are people who try their best, but they are not good for example to even pass wave 9, while others pass above wave 10.
So that means less capable teams shouldn't get anything in PvE event.
Poland pretty much said every issue earlier in this thread, so before replying, I'd like other posts to be read in this thread first.
Greetings and thanks.

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
As far as we know, boosters didn't work at some of the past RavenDynamics challenges as well. With graviton cooldown, I think it was good move from SSG to increase it as people were abusing them too often. Bugging Juggernauts as far as I know came from your squad to our knowledge that you do it so better if you inspect your own squadmates than blaming others that they spread lies.

I just want to make it more fair for everyone instead of giving monopoly for cortex to only few of pilots. Cortex shouldn't be something "unique" so that it can be acquired only by few pilots on the server. That's only my opinion and as far as I saw here and on discord channels, not only mine. I got Ifrit Cortexes by myself on many of my ships and I mostly talk with the voice of community that is angered about that they have 0 cortexes and can't acquire any because of the system that is like it is, not because of that your squad is "epic". It is pretty no problem to beat the scores in my opinion. But this way, if we beaten up your scores all the time, you would feel to be in the same position as others are. That's why no-one of us are "unbeaten PG champions". Just to make it more fair according other pilots that a) have less time to play the game but want to enjoy it, b) play more casually and want to have AT LEAST FEW of the cortexes parts, the idea isn't that bad at all.

Idea is pointing out the problem of compensating the effort that everyone puts into the event. Two cortex parts from 10th wave isn't that much I guess, considering that for it you need to spend ~1 hour of gameplay (talking about casual squads without even fully ancient equipped sol ships), then to gain ONE cortex, you would need to spend around 13 hours of gameplay. For casual players it's already much. Decreasing the amount of cortex parts from 10th wave even to 1 part only, it can increase the time to 25 hours of constant gameplay to gain one cortex. Just one.

It's not requesting for 'God knows what' things. It's just to make event more fair and making it enjoyable for every kind of player. Either no-life nerds and casual pilots that just log in for few hours a day. Not less, not more. I hope you will understand my point.

Greetings, RavenPL.

katana88

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
__KaTaNa__
Rank
Nicely put Raven and Rajaa you described it best, nothing much to add to be honest.
This event probably will not be helped, but I hope at least next RDX will be fair to everyone.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
there are 2 points that bother me about the rdx event. 1. Why is the event always only in the Sol system? why can't there be another planet in the mizar system? so that newcomers have another stimulus to get ahead in gemini / mizar. that would be fair for everyone because the ships are available from level 45. you can honestly cross out the 45 armor because it doesn't make any sense at all.
2. we have really no chance to gather cortex parts. mostly only place 1 gets something. 2nd and 3rd place only get something if many players participate in the reactor, which is not the case. If place 1 makes 11 waves and place 2 only 10, only place 1 gets something. is that fair? definitely not. fairness should be increased in the next rdx event👀

+ you did great job with the blazin lava devs👍 its a good solid ship which !can! surpass the dominator with the armor. good work, i liked that one.

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered

No Ancient Soris you ar wrong.

nemesis1900

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
nemesis1900
Rank
Clan
Hades
2. we have really no chance to gather cortex parts. mostly only place 1 gets something. 2nd and 3rd place only get something if many players participate in the reactor, which is not the case. If place 1 makes 11 waves and place 2 only 10, only place 1 gets something. is that fair? definitely not. fairness should be increased in the next rdx event👀
Good afternoon.

Honestly if it seems fair, it is part of the competition.

In the example that you mention the result is very similar, but for example:

Squad # 1: First place in round n°13 finished.
Squad # 2: Second place in round n°9 finished.
Squad # 3: Third place in round n°4 finished.
Squad # 4: Fourth place in round n°2 finished.
Squad # 5: Fifth place in round n°1 finished.

Currently there is very little motivation to carry out the squad event and it is very common to see five squads with these results.

Is it fair to reward the squad 2,3,4,5? My answer is no.

The awarding of 10 positions is usually seen in colossus. Where I see many players who only go 20min to enter the top positions and leave the Colossus to receive the cryonite award.

The same will happen if consolation prizes are awarded to positions other than first place.

If you want me to agree with you, you must use a fairly advanced minimum round to access the consolation prize. For example, round n ° 11 finished to reach the consolation prize.

Reaching this round is easy, just pilots with good coordination and teamwork.

Anyway, it seems to me that it is more important to work on motivating the players to reach the first place, increasing the prize that is awarded, adding for example gravitons, crionite or more Cortex parts.

Giving the consolation prize to attract more players does not seem appropriate to me.

It's a completely fair event, everyone can complete the blueprints for the ships and finish the event.

But this game has to have some competition, it's fun to compete.

Best regards.

Last edited:

ben1982

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
ben1982
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
Hello everyone!
I would like to start the new thread in the Feedback section, as current Dev Shack is not really the place for such a feedback not connected with existing Tau Ceti #3 & incoming Conquest Rework update. I don't post much in the forum, because I am trying to spend my words talking to microphone for the Pirates' Voice series, but I think I will make the video later on and now I will focus to explain the problem in the forums to let you read it and answer fast about the topic.

THE ISSUE

The thing started on the DevShack forums. The problem is connected with Cortex Challenge instance planets and RavenDynamics event. I am referring here to the Ifrit Cortex Challenge. The thing is, the evaluations are frequent (a lot more than regular Cortex Instances) but in the same time a lot less cortex parts players are gaining for the Top 10% players score. When low amount of players are participating then only one squad is able to gain the cortex, considering low populated servers.

I must agree with the thing that this is the problem of the servers that have lower amount of people playing than on some server like Gaia that is the most populated server right now in my opinion, guessing it by looking at their cortex scoreboard for the event.

If one squad is only getting huge rewards for the event, rest of people gets demotivated. Competition is ok in this case but efforts of all squads are not compensated well. Cortex instance takes a lot of time to finish, if we go for ifrits. So the time spent on the challenge isn't worth at all, if we gain basically nothing from it excepting the Raven Signets in the event that for most of people are now useless when they have reached the cap for this event season.

SOLUTION

Connecting all the ideas of people that was putting few of their words inside the topic before me, I would suggest something that will bring even more rewards for the winning team and in the same time, compensating the time that other squads would spend for the cortex instance. I don't really know if the thing is easy or not to implement, but the RavenDynamics Cortex Instance itself could give 2 Ifrit parts for accomplishing the 10th wave, and then each 5th wave after this one, again next 2 ifrit parts. That could bring some more competition in trying to get to 15th wave or highers for additional cortex parts and meanwhile, it wouldn't touch the ranking criterias.

Now, it comes with the problem - but Ifrit Cortex would be obsolete now as everyone will be able to achieve it. NO because:

1. Some people don't care at all about cortexes on their ship. They prefer just to buy ship for gold and 'cya'.
2. It is still not that easy sometimes to get to 10th wave. And to get the cortex parts we would need to pass 10th wave, that for RavenDynamics event environment - spawns double boss, so some groups are still not able to get to the wave. BUT if the problem could be this part, criteria for additional Ifrit Cortex parts could be a higher wave passing, i.e. 12-13th wave.
3. The RavenDynamics event could offer more cortexes than only Ifrit Cortex in the future. Like some:
a) speed cortex (Flash Cortex* - if we are constantly flying, increases speed by 'x'%, turns off when stunned),
b) defence cortex (Hercules Cortex* - increases defense by 'x'% if we are on high % of HP; reverse of the ifrit cortex) or
c) energy cortex (Sapphire Cortex* - if we are at 'x'% of energy cap for 'y' time, the energy usage by the items are decreased for 'z'%).

Summaring, all of these aspects could be a good addition to the event. It would compensate the effort of less skilled squads with few cortex parts and in the same time, the most skilled ones would achieve their goals even faster than before. I am waiting for your feedback about the idea and basically, about whole feedback on the issue.

* - names are examples and they don't need to look like this in the future :p
Honestly i think this suggestion is not the best improvement to be made.
"I don't really know if the thing is easy or not to implement, but the RavenDynamics Cortex Instance itself could give 2 Ifrit parts for accomplishing the 10th wave, and then each 5th wave after this one, again next 2 ifrit parts. "
This suggestion isnt a bad one and in a clear improvement, however the logic behind it is something i think is flawed.
Lets consider this, why does no one get ifrit cortex parts? because the system only allows people to get for for excellence. Only the best of the best will gain cortex parts faster than the others.
My view is that that system is heavily flawed. Players should be reward for commitment, This bring me to my point. I dont belive adding cortex parts for acheiving specific waves is rewarding player for commitment. You still need a certain level of excellence to reach wave10 especially. My take is that ifrit cortex parts should be given out to players in a grinding fashion. Perhaps every 2000 score earned during the raven reactor event gains you 1 cortex part, and leftover scores will be carried over to the next reactor run.
So even a sq of only 2 members could grind cortex parts. For example, if a sq achieves only 100 points per run. Then they woudl get 1 cortex part every 10 runs, something like that.
Of course, the numbers should be heavily considered and refined. I only came up with numbers to help elaborate my idea.
And before anyone says, i am not telling the devs to remove cortex parts from top score. Just add cortex parts for commitment too. That way players can gain parts by either excellence or commitment.
Yes,if we keep ifrit parts for top score(or excellence) then there will clearly be a different in the rewards of the good and the bad. However, this way means that those who cannot compete are not denied the chance to get the ifrit cortex parts.
This would also lower the bar for top scores to get cortex parts. Naturally with more people creating squads to grind cortex parts, more squads will appea on the scoreboard, and the required score to get cortex parts by excellence will drop.

Last edited:

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Lets consider this, why does no one get ifrit cortex parts? because the system only allows people to get for for excellence. Only the best of the best will gain cortex parts faster than the others.
I think this is half correct considering how the "reward" system works and only at certain points another place will be rewarded if there are enough sq that have scored so that after 1st place then 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so can get some reward as well.

The main flaw is that this system only "decent" until the pilots start to have unlocked Mission A cus then you will see the drop already of sq that have ranked points to be added to the list and then the whole system is falling appart so that at the end only 1st and at best 2nd place are listed for rewards.

I know other games that also have ranking systems but rewards are given to all who have participated so that at least the spend time was not wasted at all.

Why the Reactors don´t have such a system is still a mystery to me but only the devs may know it. If some sort of "all places get a reward system" would be exist i would maybe list it as the following:

1st place: 10 Parts
2nd - 5th place: 5 Parts
6th - 10th place: 3 Parts
11th place+: 1 Part

In the end 1 fact will always remain... it will never give the perfect solution to satisfy all sides of this discussion cus some say "where is the competition?" while others say "the current system is demotivating" and more others say "at least some reward should be given out for participating and not go empty handed".

In the end we can as always only give possible ideas for the devs they can use and it´s up to the devs if and what they will use from those ideas.

Getagripx

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Getagripx
Rank
Greetings, everyone !
I am glad to see a detailed discussion regarding the state of the current RDX events and would like to drop my 2 cents on the matter as well.

Looking at the replies, I've come to the conclusion that this thread ultimately revolves around the question of whether or not ifrit cortexes should be an exclusive item that only the best performing teams and players acquire.
In my opinion, the answer to that question can only be given by the community - if the vast majority of players feel that everyone should have a chance of getting ifrit parts, then changes most likely need to be made.
On the other hand, if there is a general consensus that ifrit cortexes should only be obtained after defeating fierce competition, then I reckon the current system should not be changed.

Personally, I would like for the ifrit cortex to remain an item that is given for "excellence" as ben1982 previously stated, but again, whether or not it should comes down to the community's wishes.

I do, however, request that there be more exclusive content added to the game should there be any changes made to the reactor challenge that have an impact on its competitiveness - be it custom titles, special items etc. Removing more and more of the competitive nature of the game will surely not appeal to everyone as there are players that deserve to be recognized for the extra effort they put in (with an exclusive title or item or something else).

On a final note, those who do not have the ability to spend as much time on the event should be reasonable in their demands. Yes, if the majority of the playerbase agrees that the event should be rewarding to everyone, then they need to be compensated for whatever little effort they put in - but they should definitely not expect to get as much out of it as the others who spend 10 fold more time on the event.

Best regards !