Not open for further replies.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello @HerrFox ,i am personally aware of the problem u describe,

But that isn't something specifically related to the Conquests but something that affects all the aspects of the game itself.

We appreciate a lot feedback from the community, but we would not want this to turn a fight between players :giggle:

Greetings,
Fission

TheExecutor

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alert706
Rank
Hello @HerrFox ,i am personally aware of the problem u describe,

But that isn't something specifically related to the Conquests but something that affects all the aspects of the game itself.

We appreciate a lot feedback from the community, but we would not want this to turn a fight between players :giggle:

Greetings,
Fission
Hi Fission, whilst you say this isnt related to the conquests directly its still a relevant part to the community and this thread as sad as it may be, the amount of work the development team are putting in will be for nothing ultimately if the player base continues to decline with no fresh players.

As much as I do enjoy pirate galaxy I know a few people who have recently left which is a shame.

The community of players have a good point about the player base and how this will affect cqs.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
The CQ update is now live for some weeks and as well received a few adjustments along the way to improve the gameplay/fairness. What are your thoughts on it?

dontbelive

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Emiya
Rank
The CQ update is now live for some weeks and as well received a few adjustments along the way to improve the gameplay/fairness. What are your thoughts on it?
Make cq more fair and abandon the ancient techs.
Cq would be more fun and challenging if we are only allowed to use gold bps.
Ancient techs make it fairly unfair.

dontbelive

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Emiya
Rank
For pilots who have not unlocked Sirius, yup it can be good to implement that!!! :cheeky: :cheeky: :whistle:
Beside that, strong techs make it really unfair and u r instant killed. Specially low level players they are not in Sirius.

Ancient techs belong to Sirius and not in other star systems.

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
Beside that, strong techs make it really unfair and u r instant killed. Specially low level players they are not in Sirius.

I wanted to mean that if there could be ancient cq and gold cq like a restriction (random). Ancient cq are good too, but again that a suggestion :unsure:

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Well. I think that the items available in the game can't and should not be abandoned xD If you have no ancient tech at all, just try to level up yourself and don't go to endgame content when you still didn't reach it ;P

And heya @Highway . My own and my clan's thoughts, after a bunch of won CQs on Askone are simple - that's basically what we needed from the beginning. Clear, equal CQs vs different opponents so we can test our strength finally without any obstacles on the way starting from bad coordination of bigger teams ending on being outnumbered by other alliances. A lot of strategic action on new CQs instead of just random pew pew around ;)

However, even if the opinions in case of cryonite rewards, system itself and other stuff around are very positive, I'd like to use this post to suggest something I have in my mind so random area activating. Sometimes, instead of just random area picking and depleting, we could have something like that, if some specific time left to the end of the match, the random area on the map is activating and other one is depleting, not changing the amount of areas left activated. That would make the Conquest even more dynamic that it's now and more strategy would be needed in that case.

I must say, it's a great work from You, and the rest of developers. One of the things that got adjusted, now I unpatiently wait for some PvE content - so Tau Ceti Final Update (TC4) this year :D

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
The gold items are needed to decrypt ancient ones and also are the goal of many achievements.
And for newbie players, buying gold tech is better that have blue bps while they up on Sirius to gather ancient bps from other systems.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Well. I think that the items available in the game can't and should not be abandoned xD If you have no ancient tech at all, just try to level up yourself and don't go to endgame content when you still didn't reach it ;P
If PvP and CQs would be endgame then it would be locked until you reached Sirius. PvP and CQ is available right at the beginning of the game (ok PM after a couple of levels if i remember it correctly) but i would say it is stretch to say that PvP related contend in PG is the "real endcontend" of the game. PvP related activities give no bonus or unlocks something for you by doing it like "unlocking CQ tech that then would be better then even Ancient tech".

I assume that this will a) be hard to implement to only allow "Top Blue/Gold" Tech and b) would require pilots to build 2 versions of each ship cus Ancient tech can be used for Missions as well so this has to be considered as well and i hardly belive that every pilot is willing to build the same ship just with a slight difference in order to play a certain game mode. It would also make it hard to switch into PM if you have ancient tech installed but this is "not allowed".

Aside from that what would it bring if Ancient tech is banned from lower systems for CQ but for the Siri CQ you can use it? Either ban it completly then or it needs to be as it is what may create an "unfair" feeling but then again a lower player should expect that a higher player has access to "Non P2W Tech".

As much as we may rant about SSG and PG somethimes this is still where PG holds his routes to not implement any sort of Tech that can only be purchased for Gold and is in return at least 50-100% stronger then Top Blue/Gold/Ancient tech and such a thing is already impressive in compare to many other MMO games where it basicly means "If you want to be at the top you have to spend money to get the best gear".

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
If PvP and CQs would be endgame then it would be locked until you reached Sirius. PvP and CQ is available right at the beginning of the game (ok PM after a couple of levels if i remember it correctly) but i would say it is stretch to say that PvP related contend in PG is the "real endcontend" of the game. PvP related activities give no bonus or unlocks something for you by doing it like "unlocking CQ tech that then would be better then even Ancient tech".
I don't see the point in restricting the PvP content so that only Gold users might participate it. If it's available for everyone, as you said, then let it be for everyone. Pilots that just started the game shouldn't focus on the Clan fights but on their own progress. Unlocking Sirius, gathering BPs for Ancient items and decrypting them is a part of your character progress.

Gold items don't have any value anymore, this should be changed somehow.
The Rare, Golden blueprints still have their value... They are needed for decryption system for the Ancient items & when you did not discover Sirius yet, you might progress better with your Gold tech than the regular, blue ones. I guess we will need them too to be able to decrypt Tau Ceti rares next patch. That's why I think it should be already end of discussion about Golden items and their value in the game.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Hello my children😜 I would suggest that the ancient blueprints be increased by one level so that the rare bps are no longer equal.

This his how it should be for the future changes in CQ without Ancient-Tech

As you will see the 1 Level increasing of Ancient techs doesnt affect the other rare and blueprints.

Here it goes

Vega Vendetta Blaster R15
Vega Ancient Blaster R16
Ion Thunder Blaster R18

Antares Armageddon Blaster R25
Antares Ancient Blaster R26
Fusion Storm Blaster R28

Gemini Geiger Blaster R33
Gemini Ancient Blaster R34
Fusion Blaze Blaster R35

Mizar Master Blaster R43
Mizar Ancient Blaster R44
Antimatter Blaster R45

Sol Sonic Blaster R60
Sol Ancient Blaster R61
ZP Blaster R63

Draconis Disaster Blaster R70
Draconis Ancient Blaster R71
Oolyte Blaster R73

Kenyte Blaster R82
Sirius Ancient Blaster R83
Symbolic Blaster R85

So what u think @Highway ?

The_Ghost

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AdvancedMine99
Rank
Clan
Mantis
Landing timer could use some changes. It is rather unfortunate if someone crashes or disconnects when the CQ starts so they are unable to land. Rather instead teleport them to the surface when time is up if they are in orbit (online or not) so they can participate. Of course only if they have a valid ship and config for that CQ.

No Ancient tech CQs? :ROFLMAO: 55 Sol already exists anyways. Is that even popular? :rolleyes:

Naycko

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
ROA - Naycko
Rank
Clan
Reborn of the ashes
Hi, i have a big bug with tickets assignment. I have already contacted support, but there is no response. To begin with, i assigned 4 tickets to Saturn and 6 to mouth of dori, and the 10 of them assigned for Saturn. Its not the first time it happens. 1616182160255.png
And now, i just cant assign tickets to any planet.
1616182248687.png
my tickets are "suspended" i dont know why, i have already been selected to Saturn, and i cant pay anything.
1616182281157.png
Thanks, Naycko

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I don't see the point in restricting the PvP content so that only Gold users might participate it. If it's available for everyone, as you said, then let it be for everyone. Pilots that just started the game shouldn't focus on the Clan fights but on their own progress. Unlocking Sirius, gathering BPs for Ancient items and decrypting them is a part of your character progress.
This is why i stated a bit later in my post to either ban it completly or low lvl players should expect that high lvl players may have access to better tech. You can count this as one of my "famous anti PvP" posts if you would like cus i don´t really care if there is ancient tech or not involved in PvP but if even i point out my concerns about "why it makes no sense to ban ancient tech from CQ" this means already something ;)

However if you have players that likes PvP they maybe wanna use the CQ times to earn already experience no matter if they have top blue/gold/ancient tech. If the Clan then however "rejects" the pilot from participating in the CQ just cus he has no Ancient tech installed the real question is where the focus of CQ really is for the clans if not as everyone of you claims is "For the fun of doing it" when one ground qualification is "you need to have ancient tech before we let you join in CQ"

The Rare, Golden blueprints still have their value... They are needed for decryption system for the Ancient items & when you did not discover Sirius yet, you might progress better with your Gold tech than the regular, blue ones. I guess we will need them too to be able to decrypt Tau Ceti rares next patch. That's why I think it should be already end of discussion about Golden items and their value in the game.
This can be seen relative at the current point if we only look from the point of Siri to TC and ignore all lower systems for Ancient tech decry. In theory you don´t need to decry the Siri tech at all and can just go for the R4 tech to have a "decent ship that can be used". For TC you currently only need the R5 Siri BPs + Perc, Modal and with TC4 i assume DR tech in order to unlock the top blue tech. Considering that you just need to have "completed" the BP but not decrypted it you can at the current point decry every TC BP without having decred any Siri BP at all as long as you have at least completed it.

With TC4 this surely will shift again cus i assume that next to the Siri and maybe TC1-4 top Blue Tech you will need the Gold BPs in order to decry the TC Golds and those will then be required when Ancient TC Tech is a thing whenever it will come that is

Naycko

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
ROA - Naycko
Rank
Clan
Reborn of the ashes
Another bug. I explain it in english:
I payed cryonite to 2 disconected players on the clan, and they didnt recieved it. The cryo got discounted from clan. Then, to test i gave Ad64Rn 10 cryonite and yes, he recieved it.
1616356253940.png

cataioni

Reaction score
I'm not happy with the way this update changed the way Ladder looks because after all these years and all the effort and time spent,I feel like it was for nothing.
can we please change the Ladder to the way it was before?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Update tomorrow will drastically improve the cryonite rewards for conquest matches and fixes issues reported here and at the support. Check out the changelog:

Is the pirate mode rework technically included in the CQ update aswell?
No the pirate mode rework is not not part of the Conquest update.

Make cq more fair and abandon the ancient techs.
Cq would be more fun and challenging if we are only allowed to use gold bps.
Ancient techs make it fairly unfair.
Ancients are only 3% stronger than the gold versions. So its not a huge advantage over the golds especially not in team based group fights like the the conquest is. They are part of the game and should have their use. If you like to avoid them you can register on the Mercury that does not even allow golds to be used (max level 55 tech). Like @The_Ghost mentioned.

Sometimes, instead of just random area picking and depleting, we could have something like that, if some specific time left to the end of the match, the random area on the map is activating and other one is depleting, not changing the amount of areas left activated.
Would this idea be to counter clans that have have heavly guarded areas and then suddenly need to change to another areas?

As much as we may rant about SSG and PG somethimes this is still where PG holds his routes to not implement any sort of Tech that can only be purchased for Gold and is in return at least 50-100% stronger then Top Blue/Gold/Ancient tech and such a thing is already impressive in compare to many other MMO games where it basicly means "If you want to be at the top you have to spend money to get the best gear".
Thanks vesperion that you are aware of that. Its very important for us as a design goal for pirate galaxy to avoid pay to win as good as we can while at the same time offer enough elements players can purchase to support the game. Not easy and always hard to find a good balance.

Landing timer could use some changes. It is rather unfortunate if someone crashes or disconnects when the CQ starts so they are unable to land.
The landing timer is there to reduce the effects of clans changing their ships just after the others have landed. The main issue that we have often client crashes directly after the enlist phase ends. Quite anoying and not easy to track down what is causing it. So its understandlable that the landing timer can get annoying when not be able to land again after a crash. As a workaround I recommend to directly land when the CQ starts to have enough time to land again after the client has restarted. (90 seconds landing timer)

@KingSub I hope you are having a fast repair droid ready and will be feeling better after the corruption cloud has hit you.

@Naycko Thanks for the bug reports. They should be fixed in the update tomorrow.

can we please change the Ladder to the way it was before?
Can you elaborate what exactly you miss from the old ladder system?

Status
Not open for further replies.