PVP Overhaul #4

The latest on future updates, straight from the devs
Sharkassasin
Server: Solaria
Main Pilotname: sharkassasin

Re: PVP Overhaul #4

Postby Sharkassasin » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:36 am

Mastian wrote:
Sharkassasin wrote:For example Vega Ancient Strong Blaster in a Colossus event will do damage equivalent to Vega Vendetta Blaster

The vvb have less cooldown as the Vega Ancient Strong Blaster, so the vvb would be stronger than every ancient blaster, that isn't fainess.

Hmmm... I was actually unaware of the cooldown difference. however, is the difference in cool down really enough to compensate for the difference in strength?

HGus
Server: AERIAxALL
Main Pilotname: HGus

Postby HGus » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:53 am

Sharkassasin wrote:Hmmm... I was actually unaware of the cooldown difference. however, is the difference in cool down really enough to compensate for the difference in strength?

Only when comparing between Ancient flavours (normal, strong and rapid), not against rares. Normal Ancients are about 5% stronger than rares.

Heavy artillery wrote:So does the landing protection last in a time limit or will it stay till you have your first shot?

Yes, time limit if no action is taken before.

Highway wrote: The protection timer will get automatically deactivated after some seconds or when the protected player uses any skill or item (collector, afterburner, blaster,.. gravitons)
Find me in any server. My oldest pilot is in Aeria.

flyfighter
Server: Askone
Main Pilotname: GF Flyfighter

Postby flyfighter » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:05 pm

Any estemated release date/time? Or maybe scheduled open testbeta. We need a spark to relight the game its spirit again. more and more going inactive/searching for other games.

Heavy artillery
Main Pilotname: -Bounty Hunter-

Postby Heavy artillery » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Why do we need an askone account for the public test?
It wouldn't be fair on others because they need an askone that is a high level. Not many people (including me) have a high level account on Pirate Galaxy askone server.
Is there a reason why it has to only be askone? (If answered, my apologies)

HGus

Postby HGus » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:47 pm

Answered many times. ^^

The test server database is a carbon copy of a live server. They choose Askone for historic reasons (more experienced users, European availability, English language). I remember they took copies of other servers in the past for very specific reasons.

Heavy artillery

Postby Heavy artillery » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:58 pm

HGus wrote:Answered many times. ^^

The test server database is a carbon copy of a live server. They choose Askone for historic reasons (more experienced users, European availability, English language). I remember they took copies of other servers in the past for very specific reasons.

Fair enough.

Heavy artillery

Postby Heavy artillery » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:36 pm

About the gold. Many people are also kind of annoyed that the only way to get gold is by buying them. wouldn't it have been better if we do challenging things which can earn us a fair amount of gold because we can't get gold at all except buying them.
In fact here are some good ideas. :)
-Rare cryo-Wouldn't it be nice if enemies you kill drop rare cryo which is 10 times the amount than average. Many struggle hunting for cryo, especially trying to get a full amount (3.6 million) it would encourage a lot of players when they are hunting.
-The war-score ladder can be improved, people who are moving up division can earn at least 1-5K gold or maybe more. Obviously there should be a fair way to earn gold because in many other games, there are specific resources that are difficult to earn but can also be bought.
-Chest-In my opinion I think it is quite more exciting if dead enemies can drop a mystery chest. It can contain literally anything inside (if you're lucky it would be really good) like for example it could be a thousand gold or maybe a lot of cryonite (depends which place you're in) or even an energy pack.
It would be much more thrilling if you add that to the game.

The rewarding system can be improved because it can make PvP more entertaining.
Last edited by Heavy artillery on Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HGus

Postby HGus » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:52 am

LOL, do you know the concept of "gold fever"? Thing about it. :roll:

flyfighter
Server: Askone
Main Pilotname: GF Flyfighter

Postby flyfighter » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Rare cryonite is good idea, said many times but no reaction on it. But i think those other two ideas of urs eventhough they are a good addition to the game, can be exploited very easily. Killing ur buddy over and over and ppl that share acc for highest warscore.

Heavy artillery

Postby Heavy artillery » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:08 pm

You'd be surprised but many say the TC ship looks like a scorpion.
At first glance I thought it was a granite.

Return to “The Dev Shack”