What's new

Broken PvP with new speed booster update...

Hecatte

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Podatte
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hello everybody!

So we all enjoy the new update that brought into the Pirate Mode the SPEED BOOSTER . But despite this, I have realised after couple PvP's today with some other player, that the SPEED BOOSTER is somewhat, broken. What I mean is that if you proceed an offensive action in PvP and you have speed booster, you will lose the speed automatically BUT, the player that is being attacked and has the speed booster, it will remain as nothing happened, proceeding to walk away in peace.

Altough there are couple ways how to trigger this and how not but it can be really 'frustrating' if you are doing a PvP against a player that has speed booster and in the meantime you don't have it.

I am simply going to show you, 2 examples about what I am talking about in here.

P.S: I was running a 20% speed booster while Harley was using a 30% speed booster. I do really hope this can be fixed in a way that it will simply won't influence PvP at all and I hope one of you devs will have a look at this.

Thank you for reading and have a great evening.

Best Regards,
Podatte

Nijiri

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
LGM-Nijiri
Rank
Clan
GM TEAM
Hello Hecatte,

I'm just letting you know don't expect a response from a developer until Wednesday. They are out on holiday currently.

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Nothing broken there, the described behavior is intended.
If you go into the offensive and attack someone you can do that boosted until you open fire. On the other side the attacked one can escape boosted or return fire and lose the boost bonus just like you.

what you actually want is that everyone you just ping with an item shall get slowed down, which is not intended.

PS: sorry @Nijiri response is before wednesday^^

Hecatte

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Podatte
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
If you go into the offensive and attack someone you can do that boosted until you open fire. On the other side the attacked one can escape boosted or return fire and lose the boost bonus just like you.

what you actually want is that everyone you just ping with an item shall get slowed down, which is not intended.

Well I know how the booster behaves in PvP and how it can be triggered and how not. What I trully mean is that in this scenario, Sniper Blaster ships are just at disadvantage because in most normal cases (normally as a sb ship should behave) would launch the SB at range, and if the person that doesnt have sniper blaster as it was in my case gets shot, I could just walk up into enemy and reach out to him, which is just wrong logic as SB requires skill in which you try to stay at range for most amount of time. What is the point of whole PvP then if I get shot and I want to abuse the speed booster and dont use an item in combat until I reach on top of my enemy, without using afterburner^^

STAIN

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
WorkingAsIntended
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
I see nothing wrong here everything works as intended.

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
Is the booster deactivated when attacking PvE?

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Should not.
Highway said:
Changes to Speed Boosters in Pirate Mode
  • Speed Boosters now remain active even when Pirate Mode is activated.
    • A running Speed Booster gets deactivated for the player that performs an offensive PvP action.
    • A deactivated Speed Booster is re-enabled 2 minutes after the player last performed an offensive PvP action.

Hecatte

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Podatte
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Well quite amazing from what I read so well I will try my luck one more time but this time with something different that might be better than what I said above. How about instead of trying to remove the PM boost from (bla bla what I mentioned above in short) but instead, get one of those 3 planets in Sol (Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune) and make a map design specific for PvP, where the booster doesn't work at all, so who would want to PvP then could go there for some 'free and fair' fun. (Aswell make a hangar and have a colossus mechanic in which you don't spend energy but have walls etc like any other planet, enough to have space for some fun).

So are you basically blaming the game mechanics for player's misuse of skills?
Please explain to me that statement, I am terrible at game and I don't know how to play^^

Nijiri

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
LGM-Nijiri
Rank
Clan
GM TEAM

I Like Trains.

Nicoredje

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Deleted
Rank
Nijiri with all due respect. If you have nothing to say of substance. Please do not say anything at all.